I wouldn't mind if they kept the driving mechanics the same, I got pretty good at moving fast while avoiding cars at the same time. What I do want them to change is the AI driving. No more random lane changing please. I've even seen two cars right next to each other try to get into the other's lane. Chaos I tell you.

I second that, for the no more random lane changing part.

It's like the motherfuckers are intentionallly trying to cut you off, and get in your way when they see you coming along behind them.

It takes me like 10 minutes just to get across one of the bridges in GTA lV. Just because after someone cuts me off, I have to park my car so it blocks the road infront of them, I then get out and shoot the driver, as well as any passengers who are also in the car, along with anyone honking their horns at me. This ends up happening multiple times to me before I finally get off the bridge. And ofcourse the police interfere with my efforcement of other drivers road etiquette, and I end up having to correct them as well. It drives me crazy. :crazy:

All in all it would be much easier if the traffic in GTA V was better, compared to the aggravating crash into my car ( just after I visited a Pay N Spray ) every second of GTA lV. Accept it would be ten times worse because Rockstar's bringing back Car Modification for V. So your car which you just spent 1000's of dollars on get's rammed seconds after you modded it, wouldn't that piss you off? :wall:

Did R* confirm car modding is returning?

I don't think so

I want the mechanics and car customization options to realistically drift. The tires need more grip so the ass doesn't fly off and so you can smoothly transition on a tight J turn and be fast. Plus I want handling to be as stable saints row 3 but not the physics for sure.

I want the mechanics and car customization options to realistically drift. The tires need more grip so the ass doesn't fly off and so you can smoothly transition on a tight J turn and be fast. Plus I want handling to be as stable saints row 3 but not the physics for sure.

saints row 3 driving sucked ass

• Like 2

Saints Row cars go from 0 to 100 in about a second, and the cars handle like they're magnetized to the road.

I was pretty good at driving in IV, but I know they've made it less realistic in V for the sake of the "Pick-up-and-play" game style.

I wonder if there'll ever be a topic in this forum that doesn't grind down to "Waa! GTA IV was SO baaaad! Waaa! Waaa!"

I wonder if there'll ever be a topic in this forum that doesn't grind down to "Waa! GTA IV was SO baaaad! Waaa! Waaa!"</p>

I'd say a good 90% of the topics in this forum doesn't fit that description. Of course we have mostly The Asylum to thank for that but still. Over exaggeration is not cool :no:

• Like 1

saints row driving was shit. it seemed almost impossible to crash. after id got bored of it i went back to GTA, it was toally different. i was good at driving on gta befor i played saints row, but it took some getting used to once i was back on it

saints row 3 driving sucked ass

I said handling, not physics. remember to read first.

Good god ! Some below said like "need for speed games" if this is true im really dissapointed ! Gta iv was realistic not like stupid nfs were you can corner a car at 100 mph with no oversteer !!

What?

I suck ass at racing games and always tend to overturn. That led to severe disappoint when I read the GI article where Mr. Houser mentioned the changes in driving.

I swear to God I try and turn, but every time I do, I see the road ahead, the crowds in the bleachers, the :excl: WRONG WAY! :excl: signs, more bleachers, then the road again. This repeats a couple of times, then I promptly GTFO and pop in GTA IV.

• Like 1

If the driving is like NFS Underground 2 I'll be happy. I'm really hoping for more rumble, and fierce vehicle engines. Showing some love to the drifting mechanics wouldn't kill them either.

They never should add NFS style handling. Let me explain you: you can do 90 degree turns from 100 km/h and usually, you crash your car through everything and it's totally messed up. Also car's accelerate too fast and the suspension modelling is really poor.

So why to not just stay in IV style handling and learn to drive a little. I wished that there would be some oversteering and understeering but that's not happening, just because everyone is complaining how bad the handling is (even it's close to perfection) and the truth is that they can't just drive.

So you do want realistic handling? You need to know these things. Quick J-turn isn't realistic and the ''ass'' flies off really easily with powerful RWD car (like Banshee) in real life too. But yeah, I'd like realistic drifting. But I don't get it, you want realistic drifting but not to lose the grip?

Wich NFS are you referring to? I see nothing wrong with NFS Underground 2's driving. It's fun, it's fast, and it's realistic enough to satisfy me.

I don't think Houser meant the change in mechanics is going to be as drastic as people are making it out to be. It's certainly not going to be like Saints Row's; I felt like you couldn't even tap the control stick without making a 90° turn. I believe he said that there aren't really good quality racing games out there, and he believes GTA V's driving mechanics will be so good, it will rival those games. Not be like them.

Plus, by him saying that he felt the cars were "boat-like" in GTA IV, that just leads me to believe Rockstar mostly toned down the sliding a little bit. Judging by trailer #2, I still see all of the cars displaying some good weight to them on hard turns but the sliding is less. Like here:

9jni2h.gif

I feel like in GTA IV, this car would've spun out or slid for an extra 3 seconds (if you can handle it good) instead of sliding to a smooth stop the way it did here.

• Like 3

Wich NFS are you referring to? I see nothing wrong with NFS Underground 2's driving. It's fun, it's fast, and it's realistic enough to satisfy me.

Don't get me wrong, I love Underground 2, it's the best NFS ever made. But its handling doesn't really fit to a new game like this and I mostly mean the new NFS's, which suck, a lot.

Don't get me wrong, I love Underground 2, it's the best NFS ever made. But its handling doesn't really fit to a new game like this and I mostly mean the new NFS's, which suck, a lot.

Agreed.

what i hated was that when u do stop at a red light the light turns green and the people in front of you stay and the other traffic that has the red light goes i think they got stuff mixed up cause i hope in V the people will learn there stop light colors and be more relistic about how to act when the lights change like green to go and red to stop lol

I definitely think the more realistic, the better. But that's just my opinion. GTA IV's driving but less soft and floaty (not all car's handle like Oldsmobiles from the 1970s :P ) I'll be happy. My big problem was the AI. I too drive like a civilian sometimes and find it really annoying that the AI treats you like an obstacle when you stop at a red light and goes around or crashes into you. The only time I see both the reverse lights working on my Marbelle is when I'm backing out of the Pay n' Spray because I get rear-ended at the first intersection 99% of the time. The AI needs to be a bit smarter and generally do a better job at following traffic laws.

And as joealmont said, the some of the traffic lights are backwards but this is only at 3-4 intersections that I've noticed.

Ever driven the Super Drop Diamond from TBOGT? I have a feeling the cars will control similar to that it was imo the perfect blend of arcade and realistic handling.

I don't think Houser meant the change in mechanics is going to be as drastic as people are making it out to be. It's certainly not going to be like Saints Row's; I felt like you couldn't even tap the control stick without making a 90° turn. I believe he said that there aren't really good quality racing games out there, and he believes GTA V's driving mechanics will be so good, it will rival those games. Not be like them.

Plus, by him saying that he felt the cars were "boat-like" in GTA IV, that just leads me to believe Rockstar mostly toned down the sliding a little bit. Judging by trailer #2, I still see all of the cars displaying some good weight to them on hard turns but the sliding is less. Like here:

9jni2h.gif

I feel like in GTA IV, this car would've spun out or slid for an extra 3 seconds (if you can handle it good) instead of sliding to a smooth stop the way it did here.

Thats what I've been waiting for