War-d1

2 "New" Screenshots & Official Cover Art Due This Month

1:14 in trailer II, thats a WWII plane that Airborne Troops used to jump from

No, that can't be. It was introduced in the 60's, how could it have been used in WWII? :S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piper_PA-30_Twin_Comanche#Operational_history

or:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_310

You don't have to be a little prick just because you disagree with someone.

Words to live by.

Probably the same mission on different playthroughs so the devs did different things. Just like we have tons of screenshots of the helicopter going to downtown at different times/angles. In some the sun is setting as the helicopter takes off and in others Michael is rappelling down the building with tons of daylight left.

Hmmm cover art due by end of the month? Doesn't look like this game is going to get delayed now....

yup. i agree. now i can let myself get excited without fear of being let down

Hey guys, thought i'd just point out these dates:

The GTA IV boxart reveal was on 28th November 2007. The game was released on 29th April 2008.

The GTA SA boxart reveal was on 7th July 2004. The game was released on 26th October 2004.

So this suggests along with the 'Spring' window, that there could still be a 3-5 month wait.

yeah i'm happy to wait 3-5 months,. i just didn't want them to say its delayed until like august, september time lol

does anyone think that they'll ever move away from the traditional black boxed border style artwork.. gta 3 had

gta-3-cover.jpg

The logo and box art has become a branding for GTA. I think they could easily pull off something different, but i'd say they'll probably stick to what we know, which is an instantly recognisable game cover, to help boost sales quicker.

yeah i'm happy to wait 3-5 months,. i just didn't want them to say its delayed until like august, september time lol

does anyone think that they'll ever move away from the traditional black boxed border style artwork.. gta 3 had

Actually that was only in parts of Europe as I understand it. In the US GTA III had the same style boxart as the other GTA games.

box_105051-hd.jpg

yeah i know it was just europe. there must have been a reason for it. rockstar still decided to do a different cover art. obviously keeping the grand theft auto font. they could move away from the blocked artwork in the future.

yeah i know it was just europe. there must have been a reason for it. rockstar still decided to do a different cover art. obviously keeping the grand theft auto font. they could move away from the blocked artwork in the future.

According to Wikipedia it was because of 9/11.

The Europe boxart was the original one, but they said during one of their Q&A sessions, "The biggest change was the US packaging which remixed the previous packaging into what became our signature style – because the previous packaging [which was released as the cover of the game in Europe] was, we felt, too raw after 9/11."

• Like 4

The Europe boxart was the original one, but they said during one of their Q&A sessions, "The biggest change was the US packaging which remixed the previous packaging into what became our signature style – because the previous packaging [which was released as the cover of the game in Europe] was, we felt, too raw after 9/11."

Learn something new every day!

But seriously if the artwork is released this month when do we think the game will arrive? Or launch trailer? I'm thinking more April at the moment! And I hope everyone's enjoying the calm before the storm because this forum is going to get raped as from the end of the month lol

Learn something new every day!

But seriously if the artwork is released this month when do we think the game will arrive? Or launch trailer? I'm thinking more April at the moment! And I hope everyone's enjoying the calm before the storm because this forum is going to get raped as from the end of the month lol

The game is most likely coming May, they're going to stick to the usual release schedule in my opinion since their last largest releases.

Max Payne 3 - May 15, 2012

L.A. Noire - May 17, 2011

Red Dead Redemption - May 18, 2010

Edit: I estimate that it will be May 21st since RDR was released the third Tuesday in May, Noire was release the third Tuesday in May, and MP3 was released the third Tuesday in May, since Tuesday is the common release date for major titles in the US and the third Tuesday of May this year is the 21st. Although it could be the 14th if they want to keep it in the teens with the dates (that would be a nice birthday gift :P).

Plus if they release the trailers three months apart after the second that would be February and then May for the last two (if they stick to the four trailer thing like with IV).

The game is most likely coming May, they're going to stick to the usual release schedule in my opinion since their last largest releases.

Max Payne 3 - May 15, 2012

L.A. Noire - May 17, 2011

Red Dead Redemption - May 18, 2010

Plus if they release the trailers three months apart after the second that would be February and then May for the last two (if they stick to the four trailer thing like with IV).

I'd say April would be more likely...after all IV came out in late April, but I could be wrong.

Also the only reason IV got an extra trailer was because it was delayed from October '07 till April '08....V will probably be left with just 3 trailers.

Hmmm cover art due by end of the month? Doesn't look like this game is going to get delayed now....

The GTA IV boxart reveal was on 28th November 2007. The game was released on 29th April 2008.

The GTA SA boxart reveal was on 7th July 2004. The game was released on 26th October 2004.

So this suggests along with the 'Spring' window, that there could still be a 3-5 month wait.

learn your facts, SA got released october 20th not the 26th just thought id point that out

learn your facts, SA got released october 20th not the 26th just thought id point that out

And GameSpot says you're wrong, it was the 26th. The 20th was a Wednesday, and games don't come out on Wednesdays.

It was going to be released on the 19th, but it was delayed a week.

And GameSpot says you're wrong, it was the 26th. The 20th was a Wednesday, and games don't come out on Wednesdays.

It was going to be released on the 19th, but it was delayed a week.

im not wrong my birthday is the 20th and i got it on the 20th trust me id remember something like that