Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

Papercrafting

Has anyone here ever done any papercrafting? I've made a couple of nostalgic game assets that make me smile every time i look at them. It's surprisingly fun and easy to do. I sometimes create things with my son as he's at hat age where he loves arts and crafts anyway.

Here is some examples of cool papercrating if you've never seen it before, it's quite a popular activity.

Yoshi.jpg

character087.jpg

minecraft_paper_craft.jpg

original.jpgthwomp.jpg

REF.jpg

medium_gtapaper.jpg

magicdoor.jpg

gn006-cherudim-gundam-papercraft.jpg

papercraft_nes.jpg

If you have done any, or want to make some, then please show :)

This is a great source of cubee papercraft designs:

http://www.cubeecraf...re/pop-culture/

• Like 1

You'd be surprised. The cuby/boxy ones are very easy indeed. My 4 year old Son can even do them lol. The ones like Yoshi up there are a bit more difficault. They're basically in-game models printed out and folded along the wireframe. I found those really hard to glue and clip together.

I've made a couple of those GTA Chinatown wars ones, they're pretty easy.

Does origami count? I had a couple of illustrated books at one time, some of the specialty squares of paper you can buy are works of art all on their own. I used to be able to make quite a few items by heart, but it's been a while.

umm, does paper mache count?? i've made a few of those in my day :D... started to make a walter sobchak puppet... made the head but never finished the body... now he sits on top of a corona bottle because i never found a seamstress :angry:...

Yeah, any sort of paper crafting. Origami and papaer mache are fun too. I remember getting the heavy rain origami sheet free when I rented the game a couple of years ago. That's the only time I've ever attempted origami. Pretty similar to box folding though.

There are some really cool paper templates out there that I've seen I want a few for my 'gaming display cabinet' which i use for figures and memorabilia.

Here is a couple i'm going to to make soon:

1202046imgklein.jpg

Charisma_Bobblehead_Papercraft_by_koenigsegg_ccr.jpg

gunblade_papercraft_by_hoshiterasu-d4q7680.jpg

cloud__s_sword_papercraft_by_hoshiterasu-d4mul3i.jpg

metal_gear_solid_4__metal_gear_mkii_papercraft_by_bratchny-d4s6vfa.jpg

Rollermine-papercraft.jpg

keyblade_papercraft_by_fmaXp3rt.jpg

Any combination of creativity and attention to minute detail appeals to me.

Love the Megaton bomb. Remember to take some RadAway when you're done making it. :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah i love little game assets rather than main characters. It's a bit more subtle, that only fans will understand what they are when they see them. :)

There's some awesome artists out there that purely design illustrative papercraft models. And i think they're great. Here's some more examples lol. (i can't get enough!)

tumblr_mfzzff8vqY1rs415ao1_250.jpgtumblr_mfzzff8vqY1rs415ao2_250.jpgtumblr_m7lfi0VZiK1rs415ao1_250.jpgtumblr_m7lfi0VZiK1rs415ao2_250.jpg

papercraftlegoboxzet.jpg

ninjabearpapertoys.jpg

And just lol:

metal_gear_solid___snake_mask___lte_t_papercraft_by_letourbillonenchant-d5ou1pu.jpg

I could make some brass knuckle dusters in 3D and when i unwrap it to texture, maybe figure a way to add flaps to the edges and print out a copy of the texture sheet. That's pretty much how all the detailed models are made anyway :)

gn006-cherudim-gundam-papercraft.jpg

Ok, got any more info on this? How the fuck does on go about making that detailed of a replica Cherdium Gundam out of paper?

I love that knife gun too, remind me of Midnight Club 2 "I've been shot with a knife, and stabbed with a 9."

I never said I wanted to try THAT. The plastic kits take long enough as is, but I'd be interested to know the amount of work that goes into that. Besides, it ain't got shit on my Custom Gouf :P

EDIT: Wow, just googled Gundam papercraft, people take this shit mad seriously.

http://www.geekalert...dam-papercraft/

msn-06s-sinanju-gundam-papercraft.jpggundam-wing-papercraft-2.jpg

Jesus Christ!

(Dup, You just had to post it didn't you!?!?!)

Yeah there are some really intricate models out there, some i dare even attempt. I'm happy with my attempts at the simple 8bit looking ones lol.

This doesn't even look like paper lol

hellboy-papercraft-gun.jpg

These are awesome!

Papercraft+Arcade+1.JPG

More for the Fallout Fans:

10-25-2011+3-14-46+PM.png

Securitronref.png

fallout_lunchbox_by_evan3585-d3f7w0w.png

CandyEdit.png

Jet+photo.png

Soon my house will be cluttered with paper i know it!

/edit I've actually found a few programs and scripts that allow me to open GTA models and layout them as paper models. I wont post anything to do with exporting models from the games, but if i ever get round to making paper models i'll post those here. Any cool objects from GTA i should make?

lol a ghetto mobile! I just realised I need some new ink cartridges!

This was my first attempt at a 'cubee' character... It was meant to be a slice & click, no glue or tape model. Pretty shit attempt, but i blame the weak paper. I need a decent 150gm paper.

post-28-0-51520700-1357259667_thumb.jpg

You don't grow stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Make a model of the Hunter, please. And mail me the template. I'd like to get into this papercraft business.