Btw, Vic & Louise didn't exist back then, Godfather, <strong>(you too Massacre)</strong>, so your point is invalid. At the time, CJ was still a change from the normal caucasian protag.

Nope. I was just making the point that Luis is black. The rest doesn't apply to me.

Again, Luis is Dominican. That's just black with a Hispanic accent. Three black protagonists.

Kay Riiight...

Also, I hope there will be a moment in your near future where you realise that anybody and everybody with an opinion different from yours isn't a dumbass. You're cool more often than not but you aren't God, bro.

I understand you love Tommy and love blinds ppl, but Louise? You really can't see how he reminds me of the QDs from Jersey Shore? Give him a guido accent and bam! Just like that, he's a Jersey Shore QD.

• Like 1

Luis, perhaps, but he still dislikes the actual guidos he's forced to be around. But I don't see a shred of guido in Tommy and especially not Claude. Tommy doesn't follow the archetype of Italian culture, nor does he follow the crude facsimile of Italian culture the guidos employ. And Claude? That doesn't even make sense. He's just an average guy. There's nothing to indicate he's Italian, or any other race, for that matter. He's just some white guy.

Have you played the Mass Effect games? That would be a much more enjoyable video game race/culture debate. We need a general game debate topic...

Guidos/Jersey Shore QDs obviously have an italian accent but their "culture" (if that's what we're calling it) is far less mafia, and godfather-ish than the actual italian stereotype. It's alot more partying & fist pumping with ridiculous clothing, tans and haircuts. Claude has that look imo, you know.. minus the tan, plus, he works with alot of italians in a NY/NJ like city so I think it's safe to say that if he spoke he'd have somewhat of a guido accent. Also, something about his jacket just screams guido.

And yes, yes we do.

I can't believe you're calling Claude a guido. He's like the anti-guido. He doesn't even talk, and guidos never shut their big fat mouths.

• Like 4

"he works with alot of italians in a NY/NJ like city so I think it's safe to say that if he spoke he'd have somewhat of a guido accent"

:whistle:

It's the collar, definitely the collar. That's a total Jersey QD move.

libertycitysurvivor.blogspot.com.01.jpg

This fan art says it all. Only Jersey QDs spike their hair.

• Like 1

You're assigning too much guilt by association. GTA protags are always outsiders and loners, and never really a part of the mafia groups they work for, and often inevitably betray.

Care to back that up, friend?

Tommy worked with the mob, came from a mob background.

CJ worked for GSF, was born and raised in Grove Street.

Niko was a russian.. a russian... a russian russian :mellow:, worked for and fought against other russian russians.

To my understanding, the intro, atmosphere and climax of almost all GTAs is heavily related to the protags background.

Claude is a GUIDO. GUIDO GUIDO GUIDO I tells ya.

Look at the collar! Look at the hair! What about the smug look? GUIDO!

He even has that macho guido walk like Louise. GUIDOS.

Also, let me add that I'm not saying Tommy or Louise are actual guidos, (not seriously anyway) but they do have characteristics that makes them seem like guidos to me.

Niko was NOT a russian.. NOT a russian... NOT a russian russian :mellow:, worked for and fought against other russian russians.

Dude, did you even play the game? He's not fucking russian.

• Like 2

You're assigning too much guilt by association. GTA protags are always outsiders and loners, and never really a part of the mafia groups they work for, and often inevitably betray.

^This was in response to you calling Claude a Jersey QD. I've never watched even a second of the show, but would be willing to bet that the tanned meatheads on Jersey Shore wouldn't give Claude the time of day.

Care to back that up, friend?

Tommy worked with the mob, came from a mob background.

CJ worked for GSF, was born and raised in Grove Street.

Claude is a GUIDO. GUIDO GUIDO GUIDO I tells ya.

Okay, yes, Tommy has mobster wise-guy qualities. But the guido-coloured glasses you have on B) are affecting how you see the others. You're perfectly entitled to have your own opinion, but to me, 'guido' carries that Gino/Ginette Italian/Mediterranean stereotype that just doesn't fit with CJ, Niko or even Luis (the Ginos I know are racist against blacks and hispanics).

I also still stand behind my statement that our protags are outsiders and rebels within whatever organized crime group they currently work for. Guido it up however you like, Kuz, but you're on your own on that argument.

To get back on topic somewhat, having three buddies that work together in GTA V should be a nice change from always knowing you're going to get stabbed in the back by your current allies in previous GTAs, if for no other reason than the move the storyline forward and unlock the next island. I'm curious to see what ways they can help each other out, will it be like Little Jacob's gun van or 8-Ball's car bombs, or can you call them for back-up when you get into trouble?

Niko was NOT a russian.. NOT a russian... NOT a russian russian :mellow:, worked for and fought against other russian russians.

He's from serbia. (Balkan)

Try to translate some words he said to roman.

Lol Some of you really got defensive over that "typical white protag" remark.

I disliked CJ aswell, I was cool with him at the start but towards the middle of the story I really started to hate him. He is still my favorite because of all the stuff you can do with him, but his personality was annoying.

Tommy, Claude, and Louise remind me of the QDs from Jersey Shore so Niko is the best GTA protag imo.

Btw, Vic & Louise didn't exist back then, Godfather, (you too Massacre), so your point is invalid. At the time, CJ was still a change from the normal caucasian protag.

You know what... fuck being on topic .... 1984 is before 1992... yes the game came out after, but he was still "before" as in the story lines. As of Tommy and Claude reminding you of the jersey shore cast, then you are obviously unaware how most Italians, and most Italian families are... that remark was idiotic. I think you need to do some research the italian communities before you go off calling all of them guidos... and what the fuck is a guido walk?! Kuz you better be glad Joe Pesci isn't here to kick your ass.

and then you said Niko was Russian? He even said he wasn't a fuckin' Russian!

The only GTA protags who can actually be called a "guido" are Tommy and Toni. Italian, likely Sicilian, heritage; strong Mafia ties; and prominent Italian mannerisms.

Now, how 'bout that Trevor? He's quite the lunatic, eh?

• Like 1

@Godfather

Before in the storylines? Seriously? Okay so by your logic GTA VCS was the first GTA game of the 3d era. GTA VCS & TBoGT both came out years after SA, CJ at the time regarless of fictional timelines was still the first black protag in a GTA game. Lance Vance & 8-ball weren't even protags. Your argument makes no sense.

He's from Bulgaria, I was kidding. :mellow:

guido, dildo. That relates CJ to jersey shore. < Makes as much sense as what you're saying Kuzi.

Not even remotely.

@Godfather

Before in the storylines? Seriously? Okay so by your logic GTA VCS was the first GTA game of the 3d era. GTA VCS & TBoGT both came out years after SA, CJ at the time regarless of fictional timelines was still the first black protag in a GTA game. Lance Vance & 8-ball weren't even protags. Your argument makes no sense.

He's from Bulgaria, I was kidding. :mellow:

guido, dildo. That relates CJ to jersey shore. < Makes as much sense as what you're saying Kuzi.

Not even remotely.

No he's not from Bulgaria either you moron!

The only GTA protags who can actually be called a "guido" are Tommy and Toni. Italian, likely Sicilian, heritage; strong Mafia ties; and prominent Italian mannerisms.

Now, how 'bout that Trevor? He's quite the lunatic, eh?

idk man... Mobsters are far different then guidos, calling an a italian "guido" is kinda the same as calling a black "honky" back when my dad and his brother grew up in Niagara Falls, they would call the other italian kids from the other neighborhood "guidos" because they didn't belong, more like saying they weren't real italians.

Call me an idiot all you want but Louise's overly macho attitude, faggish dress clothes, and club life reminds me of Jersey Shore, never actually watched the show but I've seen enough. None of us know enough about Claude to know whether or not he's an actual guido so my arguments as good as yours.

I'm gonna drop this guido thing now for the sake of staying on topic.

@Godfather

Dan Houser spoke on the matter saying that Niko is "from that grey part of broken-down Eastern Europe", suggesting that Niko's nationality was left intentionally vague or to the interpretation of the player.

• Like 1

Niko and Roman both speak Serbian throughout the story. They're Serbs.

Now, I think Franklin will face some challenges during GTAV. He obviously is losing respect from his girlfriend for his criminal lifestyle. This will affect the story, no doubt. Wot u fink???

Well this has became quite the conversation since I posted.

The good thing about GTA 5, I guess, is they got a character for everyone. Apart from anyone who wants to be a girl.

poor gtagrl...

Luis, perhaps, but he still dislikes the actual guidos he's forced to be around. But I don't see a shred of guido in Tommy and especially not Claude. Tommy doesn't follow the archetype of Italian culture, nor does he follow the crude facsimile of Italian culture the guidos employ. And Claude? That doesn't even make sense. He's just an average guy. There's nothing to indicate he's Italian, or any other race, for that matter. He's just some white guy.

Have you played the Mass Effect games? That would be a much more enjoyable video game race/culture debate. We need a general game debate topic...

I agree with everything you said Mass, but, Mr. Leone did want to make Claude a made man in gta 3, and to be a "made man" you can only be of Italian decent. Now idk if Rockstar knew about that at the time, i'm sure they did... but it may imply that Claude could very well be an Italian.

• Like 3

Niko and Roman both speak Serbian throughout the story. They're Serbs.

Now, I think Franklin will face some challenges during GTAV. He obviously is losing respect from his girlfriend for his criminal lifestyle. This will affect the story, no doubt. Wot u fink???

Are they? I'm not familiar with Eastern European languages.

Not even remotely.

Why? Claude was a mute, he had no persona. A hitman (in its simplest form) that got the job done. He may have had an Italian look to him, but that's purely stereotypical because of his hair and attire. Tommy was a bit of a guido, i admit, but my first statement was aimed at Claude.

• Like 1

Yup. In the context of the story, it doesn't really matter, since "Balkan" is all you need to know. But, pedantry FTW.

Are they? I'm not familiar with Eastern European languages.

Franklin's story seems a bit obvious to me, get rich or die trying.

@Dup

"He may have had an Italian look to him, but that's purely stereotypical because of his hair and attire."

That's all he needs to remind me of a guido.