I enjoy how much this has blown up.

Luis, perhaps, but he still dislikes the actual guidos he's forced to be around. But I don't see a shred of guido in Tommy and especially not Claude. Tommy doesn't follow the archetype of Italian culture, nor does he follow the crude facsimile of Italian culture the guidos employ. And Claude? That doesn't even make sense. He's just an average guy. There's nothing to indicate he's Italian, or any other race, for that matter. He's just some white guy.

I agree with everything you said Mass, but, Mr. Leone did want to make Claude a made man in gta 3, and to be a "made man" you can only be of Italian decent. Now idk if Rockstar knew about that at the time, i'm sure they did... but it may imply that Claude could very well be an Italian.

But he said this before sending Claude into a deathtrap, with the intention of getting him killed. Claude was robbing banks with a Colombian before the game started, there's nothing to indicate he knew how the mafia worked. Still doesn't imply Italian heritage to me. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just saying there's really no evidence regarding Claude's race. Claude has the same squinty eyes as Kenji and Asuka, doesn't mean he's Japanese. :v

• Like 1

Dark hair and dark eyes...Could be many things. "Claude" is not a particularly Italian name.

He's officially "honky until proven otherwise". -_-

No wait! That's it! Claude is definitely japanese.

(someone should move this to the Favorite GTA Protag thread)

Me too...

Franklin's story seems a bit obvious to me, get rich or die trying.

@Dup

"He may have had an Italian look to him, but that's purely stereotypical because of his hair and attire."

That's all he needs to remind me of a guido.

Well then you're prejudging based on sterotypes. Claude may not have even be an Italian american. The art style in the GTA 3 era made everyone look Italian, even 8ball... I'm not really that bothered by this discussion/debate, but it's funny never the less.

CJ was just another ghetto honky trying to better himself, but being dragged back into the 'game' I hope Franklin's story has more substance <hypocrite>

Luis, perhaps, but he still dislikes the actual guidos he's forced to be around. But I don't see a shred of guido in Tommy and especially not Claude. Tommy doesn't follow the archetype of Italian culture, nor does he follow the crude facsimile of Italian culture the guidos employ. And Claude? That doesn't even make sense. He's just an average guy. There's nothing to indicate he's Italian, or any other race, for that matter. He's just some white guy.

I agree with everything you said Mass, but, Mr. Leone did want to make Claude a made man in gta 3, and to be a "made man" you can only be of Italian decent. Now idk if Rockstar knew about that at the time, i'm sure they did... but it may imply that Claude could very well be an Italian.

But he said this before sending Claude into a deathtrap, with the intention of getting him killed. Claude was robbing banks with a Colombian before the game started, there's nothing to indicate he knew how the mafia worked. Still doesn't imply Italian heritage to me. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I'm just saying there's really no evidence regarding Claude's race. Claude has the same squinty eyes as Kenji and Asuka, doesn't mean he's Japanese. :v

lol this settles it, Claude is every ethnicity all at once. He's the biggest multi-racial badass of 'em all.

• Like 1

Niko was NOT a russian.. NOT a russian... NOT a russian russian :mellow:, worked for and fought against other russian russians.

Dude, did you even play the game? He's not fucking russian.

He's from Bulgaria, I was kidding. :mellow:

Highly doubt it, since the languages he speaks are Serbian and to some extent english. But yeah, but in video-game world the whole of Eastern Europe IS Russia.

I also still stand behind my statement that our protags are outsiders and rebels within whatever organized crime group they currently work for. Guido it up however you like, Kuz, but you're on your own on that argument.

You're making them sound like Douchebags by calling them 'rebels'. Rebel when it comes out of a girls mouth, to me sounds like some try hard without a cause or reason for the way he acts.

And this doesn't describe the anti-hero protags in the GTA games, these guys have motivations and are just doing their own thing not trying to impress anyone. They're not "Rebelling against the System" or some stupid shit like that. They're just having a good time while fucking everyone and everything up. Criminals aren't like teenage girls concerned with fitting in and not being an "outsider", they only care about making money through illegal means and enjoying the ride we call life.

Last night I was trying to beat LC Cagefighter again, and while i was reading some tips on the GTA wiki. I realized that all 3 IV protags have the same fighting style, which was designed for Niko and his military background. Got me really thinking about how R*'s going to actually to address subtle characteristics like that, because of course they're all going to have their own fighting style now.

On another note, Franklin is going to be everything Louis wanted to be, in regards to leaving the hood behind him and yadayadayada.

Call me an idiot all you want but Louise's overly macho attitude, faggish dress clothes, and club life reminds me of Jersey Shore, never actually watched the show but I've seen enough. None of us know enough about Claude to know whether or not he's an actual guido so my arguments as good as yours.

I'm gonna drop this guido thing now for the sake of staying on topic.

@Godfather

Dan Houser spoke on the matter saying that Niko is "from that grey part of broken-down Eastern Europe", suggesting that Niko's nationality was left intentionally vague or to the interpretation of the player.

All true, and Luis to me is very reminiscent of "The Situation" from Jersey Shore ( Only Luis is not a pussy and can actually handle himself with his fists and with automatic weapons :D )

This went from from talking about why CJ is/is not a bitch to what race Claude is, which we've mostly come to the conclusion of him being all combined.

Last night I was trying to beat LC Cagefighter again, and while i was reading some tips on the GTA wiki. I realized that all 3 IV protags have the same fighting style, which was designed for Niko and his military background. Got me really thinking about how R*'s going to actually to address subtle characteristics like that, because of course they're all going to have their own fighting style now.

On another note, Franklin is going to be everything Louis wanted to be, in regards to leaving the hood behind him and yadayadayada.

I've often thought on this myself. Do ex-military pilots get trained in hand to hand combat? If so, I'd like to think Trevor would be the better fighter out of them.

It would be cool if they brought back the boxing and different martial arts gyms form SA, so you could mix up the 3 different protags fighting styles. But with new styles like Krav Maga, Keysi Fighting Method, Judo, Muay Thai etc.

Franklin's story seems a bit obvious to me, get rich or die trying.

@Dup

"He may have had an Italian look to him, but that's purely stereotypical because of his hair and attire."

That's all he needs to remind me of a guido.

Well then you're prejudging based on sterotypes. Claude may not have even be an Italian american. The art style in the GTA 3 era made everyone look Italian, even 8ball... I'm not really that bothered by this discussion/debate, but it's funny never the less.

CJ was just another ghetto honky trying to better himself, but being dragged back into the 'game' I hope Franklin's story has more substance <hypocrite>

That's just it though, I don't think Franklins' story will be that different from "ghetto black guy trying to better himself". I'm hoping he has a really deep tear jerking history with Micheal, I doubt it, but I hope so.

I doubt they'll take the same route as CJ, but there will always be reference to black people/poor/ghettos in LA because of the stereotype... R* did a great job of magnifying and poking at stereotypes in the GTA 3 era, but i'm sure they're going use a more original approach for GTA V. Sure Niko was slightly sterotypical, but that was then, this is now.

You're making them sound like Douchebags by calling them 'rebels'. Rebel when it comes out of a girls mouth, to me sounds like some try hard without a cause or reason for the way he acts.

And this doesn't describe the anti-hero protags in the GTA games, these guys have motivations and are just doing their own thing not trying to impress anyone. They're not "Rebelling against the System" or some stupid shit like that. They're just having a good time while fucking everyone and everything up. Criminals aren't like teenage girls concerned with fitting in and not being an "outsider", they only care about making money through illegal means and enjoying the ride we call life.

Rebel, when it comes out of a "girl's" mouth, means the same thing it does when it comes out of a "boy"'s mouth. It means that they're not a part of the system that they exist in, by fate or by choice. They seek or are forced to escape for whatever reason (anger, financial, revenge, self-betterment, etc.) pertains to them. They don't intend to "fuck shit up lol". The ignorance you just exhibited regarding women, the GTA protags, and criminals is astounding. Dafuq, BlackSox? I thought you were cool.

I also still stand behind my statement that our protags are outsiders and rebels within whatever organized crime group they currently work for.

Life will get terribly complicated for you if the English language has two different meanings depending on if a guy or girl said it. I only used 'rebel' in the pure sense of the word, where characters do not become mafia company men, (as in doing things for their own motives) not the semantic silliness you applied to it afterward. At no point have I ever said or implied that the GTA protags were douchebags. Sheesh.

• Like 1

I enjoyed SA precisely because of what R* did with CJ's character. I didn't get all pissy because he wasn't hard enough or gangsta enough - he wasn't supposed to be. R* poked a little fun at the hardcore gangsta culture by making CJ a regular dude with a sense of humor about himself. The contrast was meant to be amusing, and it is.

My two cents - I hope that for character development in V they can find a way to balance the light-hearted cartoonish spirit of SA with the storytelling depth of IV. Although judging from this thread, that would piss everybody off...

• Like 5

Is it me or does Franklin have a shrek vibe going on.......?

gta-5-franklin.jpgtumblr_mdksg4mJdJ1rpa2rf.jpg

its all you

Shrek has honky features, that is all... Except the lips.

Rebel, when it comes out of a "girl's" mouth, means the same thing it does when it comes out of a "boy"'s mouth. It means that they're not a part of the system that they exist in, by fate or by choice. They seek or are forced to escape for whatever reason (anger, financial, revenge, self-betterment, etc.) pertains to them. They don't intend to "fuck shit up lol". The ignorance you just exhibited regarding women, the GTA protags, and criminals is astounding. Dafuq, BlackSox? I thought you were cool.

I didn't say Rebels want to fuck shit up, I said the protags did. Real Rebels aren't liked by women or cool guys in reality.

And yes I am a bit of a misogynist, but this is the way alot of girls and women think, they like big cowards that pick on people that are smaller than them; it gets them all hot and bothered ( but they can't help it because it's part of their physiology ).

Alot have a fucked up mentality which is barely ever questioned, since society likes to protect women from everything ( even questioning of their behaviour/morals ), they are given more legal and social rights than men. And I don't think this is fair, so I try and point out the bullshit to try and add a bit of balance and brevity to the matter.

They act like their shit doesn't smell, all holier then thou. But it's bullshit because their scum just like everyone else.

So, misogeny = brevity, and women have more rights than men. Someone get BlackSox a shovel, he's digging himself a mighty big hole of ignorance.

I didn't say Rebels want to fuck shit up, I said the protags did. Real Rebels aren't liked by women or cool guys in reality.

And yes I am a bit of a misogynist, but this is the way alot of girls and women think, they like big cowards that pick on people that are smaller than them; it gets them all hot and bothered ( but they can't help it because it's part of their physiology ).

Alot have a fucked up mentality which is barely ever questioned, since society likes to protect women from everything ( even questioning of their behaviour/morals ), they are given more legal and social rights than men. And I don't think this is fair, so I try and point out the bullshit to try and add a bit of balance and brevity to the matter.

They act like their shit doesn't smell, all holier then thou. But it's bullshit because their scum just like everyone else.

This isn't the place to discuss this matter. Make a status update so I can argue with you there, please.

• Like 1

I've said what I think, make of it what you will. But you won't change my mind.

My way of thinking has been made from all the experiences I have had up to this point. It's not like I have come to these conclusions overnight, I've pondered them for years.

Anyway, back on topic Franklin's character and story will be just as good as Michael or Trevors. And I can't wait to play as all three of them. ( but hopefully there's no female protags in GTA V's DLC's ). :D

I enjoyed SA precisely because of what R* did with CJ's character. I didn't get all pissy because he wasn't hard enough or gangsta enough - he wasn't supposed to be. R* poked a little fun at the hardcore gangsta culture by making CJ a regular dude with a sense of humor about himself. The contrast was meant to be amusing, and it is.

My two cents - I hope that for character development in V they can find a way to balance the light-hearted cartoonish spirit of SA with the storytelling depth of IV. Although judging from this thread, that would piss everybody off...

Nah, it wasnt amusing bro

Hey, look at all that spam. I'll just delete the whole thing, since you kids don't know when to shut up.

Why is it that when people correct you, or make you look like a fool, its spam. However when you do it to someone, its reasonable? Interesting friend.