I was playing driver San Francisco and if you go to you tube and check out the shift mechanic i think the character switching on V will will be similar to. I can't wait to switch to Trevor while he's makin spaghetti out ot of a mobsters face.

Holy shit if you clip off sheen err...Franklin he looks freakishly like a black but that was exactly what you were getting at. I'm gonna try to get all three of them to die at once, maybe some how get them all on s plane or bus that will be the one thing I will try to do ... Wait am I on topic?

Gary Busey: Prone to violence, aggression. Enjoys drugs, motorbikes, and insanity.

Trevor Phillips: Prone to violence, aggression. Enjoys drugs, motorbikes, and insanity.

• Like 1

I'd have to go with Franklin on this one. He's the closest character to CJ. GTA: SA was my favourite game of the series. Not only for how much stuff you could do and the map size but also because of CJ. He is my favorite protagonist by far in the GTA series.

I have thought about this and am clueless. I think I will be switching a lot. In San Andreas I would dress up in a suit and role play a high roller in a nice car (Michael) mostly in LV. Other times I would role play the gangster aspect in thug clothes and lowriders in the ghettos of LS (Franklin).. And yes, I got the rural clothes from that country girlfriend and would wear overalls with cowboy hat while I did Semi Trucking missions along the countryside.. Each lifestyle I would role play would have its own perfect radio station.

I think I will be able to achieve this 10X better in GTA V.. Now I can actually play the game and experience the city in each walk of life. Can't Wait!

• Like 2

I would ask you why, but I'm sure the answer would be stupid.

CJ's dead mother was a better character than CJ.

I really don't know why tbh. I just liked him better than the rest. I guess I was just sick of seeing the typical white protagonists. I liked that he was different than the rest. Also, I grew up listening to Hip Hop and listening to what them rappers went through. So I thought it was cool to play a character in that world.

• Like 1

I really don't know why tbh. I just liked him better than the rest. I guess I was just sick of seeing the typical white protagonists. I liked that he was different than the rest. Also, I grew up listening to Hip Hop and listening to what them rappers went through. So I thought it was cool to play a character in that world.

8-ball, Lance Vance, Vic Vance... all black and somewhat before CJ (Vic Vance circa 1984: CJ circa 1992) Even though only one was a playable character, they all shared one thing in common thing, they were in multiple story lines and played major parts in the story, except 8-ball. Two of them appeared in two different games, Lance and Vic both in VC and VCS. So that dethrones your "typical white protagonist" remark... Carl Johnson to me, was the biggest piece of shit protag. Rockstar has ever come up with. And I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, i just don't like when people say Franklin is like CJ because i want to believe that Franklin isn't a bitch.

5 White Protags. (Claude, Tommy, Toni, Niko, Johnny)

2 Black Protags, (CJ, Vic) -Vic is said to be of Dominican decent, but they can be black.

1 Hispanic Protag. (Luis)

1 Asain Protag. (Huang)

Their has been more Black protags, then their has been "other"...

I'm really hoping Franklin will be a better character. Luis was Dominican, which, let's be honest, is basically black, and he was a good character. Not great, but good.

• Like 1

honky lover.

• Like 1

I'll be playing almost equally with all three of them. Why in the hell would I cheat myself of the things each character can do?

Apart from freeroam I'd expect the story will have a decent balance between them anyway, so it's not like we'll end sticking with a certain character until a good amount of hours into the game. Even then, I'll probably be spending more time with my online avatar if multiplayer is as revolutionary as I'm expecting.

• Like 1

8-ball, Lance Vance, Vic Vance... all black and somewhat before CJ (Vic Vance circa 1984: CJ circa 1992) Even though only one was a playable character, they all shared one thing in common thing, they were in multiple story lines and played major parts in the story, except 8-ball. Two of them appeared in two different games, Lance and Vic both in VC and VCS. So that dethrones your "typical white protagonist" remark... Carl Johnson to me, was the biggest piece of shit protag. Rockstar has ever come up with. And I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, i just don't like when people say Franklin is like CJ because i want to believe that Franklin isn't a bitch.

5 White Protags. (Claude, Tommy, Toni, Niko, Johnny)

2 Black Protags, (CJ, Vic) -Vic is said to be of Dominican decent, but they can be black.

1 Hispanic Protag. (Luis)

1 Asain Protag. (Huang)

Their has been more Black protags, then their has been "other"...

I should correct myself, sorry. I meant playable. CJ, Vic.

Again, Luis is Dominican. That's just black with a Hispanic accent. Three black protagonists. Luis was a gay club owner's lapdog, and he was still more gangster than CJ.

Way back in '04, I was enjoying San Andreas, and thought, at the very least CJ was okay. Then I did the missions in the countryside, and Catalina put a gun to CJ's head, and CJ did everything short of openly weeping. CJ was a whiny bitch throughout the entire story.

Maybe Franklin won't be such a pussy.

Again, Luis is Dominican. That's just black with a Hispanic accent. Three black protagonists. Luis was a gay club owner's lapdog, and he was still more gangster than CJ.

Way back in '04, I was enjoying San Andreas, and thought, at the very least CJ was okay. Then I did the missions in the countryside, and Catalina put a gun to CJ's head, and CJ did everything short of openly weeping. CJ was a whiny bitch throughout the entire story.

Yeah I can see your point. I haven't played SA for years since my PS2 stopped working. I can't remember half of the shit that happened. I actually forgot about that scene with Catalina. That annoyed me as well. I can definitely see where your coming from. I never really thought about it properly. I hope Franklin don't bitch out like that as well. Thanks for the reply and making me think about my childhood gaming. Might have to find a PS2 to buy and play it seeing as my laptop is horrible and won't be able to.

Apart from freeroam I'd expect the story will have a decent balance between them anyway, so it's not like we'll end sticking with a certain character until a good amount of hours into the game. Even then, I'll probably be spending more time with my online avatar if multiplayer is as revolutionary as I'm expecting.

Don't get your hopes up.

Yeah I can see your point. I haven't played SA for years since my PS2 stopped working. I can't remember half of the shit that happened. I actually forgot about that scene with Catalina. That annoyed me as well. I can definitely see where your coming from. I never really thought about it properly. I hope Franklin don't bitch out like that as well. Thanks for the reply and making me think about my childhood gaming. Might have to find a PS2 to buy and play it seeing as my laptop is horrible and won't be able to.

You're the first CJ fan we've had who wasn't stupid and confrontational. Thank you.

• Like 1

Lol Some of you really got defensive over that "typical white protag" remark.

I disliked CJ aswell, I was cool with him at the start but towards the middle of the story I really started to hate him. He is still my favorite because of all the stuff you can do with him, but his personality was annoying.

Tommy, Claude, and Louise remind me of the QDs from Jersey Shore so Niko is the best GTA protag imo.

Btw, Vic & Louise didn't exist back then, Godfather, (you too Massacre), so your point is invalid. At the time, CJ was still a change from the normal caucasian protag.

• Like 2

Btw, Vic & Louise didn't exist back then, Godfather, (you too Massacre), so your point is invalid. At the time, CJ was still a change from the normal caucasian protag.

Nope. I was just making the point that Luis is black. The rest doesn't apply to me.

Also, I don't see how Tommy, Claude, and Luis could remind you of guidos in any way. I must assume you were being sarcastic, because the alternative is that you're a dumbass, and I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt.