Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marney1

GTA 3

That tunnel opened out just near the car showroom with the banshee inside. And near the car compacter. Soo many good memories.

Mafia sentinel, diablo stallion (with the flames) and yakuza stinger, and the cartel cruiser (the hummer). Man those were the days.

I would love someone clever to remake that to fit in the gta4 liberty. Like an expansion.

You mean like make GTA III with RAGE? People are working on modding IV into San Andreas and Vice City already so only a matter of time.

More like fit the game into IV's version of liberty city.

Choose places to be yakuza, diablo, mafia turfs close to where they would be if you compared the two maps. Remake Claude and all the main character models and do all the cutscenes and missions inside the IV framework. So a separate game, using all of IV's city and game engine and stuff. Like salvadores house could be near faustins on the first island, give the diablos turf near the park and the arch area, yakuza in Algonquin.

Remodel the gangs cars onto the new versions, and then write all the missions through the new engine, so you can play the missions in new liberty.

Think columbian cartel in the construction site in Algonquin, and Donald love running for Mayer of Algonquin etc. It would take some thinking and some know how but I think it would be doable.

It actually wouldn't be all that hard. Most of the characters probably already have a similar-looking NPC in IV, and all you'd have to do for Claude is find a similar head and slap it on Niko's body, with the Claude outfit you get for killing Playboy X. You'd have to make a couple new textures for the gang cars, but the Diablo Stallion would be the only one that required anything major. Every major landmark from III has a similar landmark in IV, like skribble mentioned with Salvatore/Faustin's mansions, and Niko and Roman's penthouse could be Asuka's place, possibly, and the Majestic Hotel's penthouse, with a few extra plants, could be Kenji's place. The open area in Chinatown for This Shit's Cursed in TLAD might work, but it would take a lot of renovation. Everything seems to fit.

The only problem is that you'd either have to have people redo the voices, or just use subtitles, because it would probably be illegal to rip GTA III's sound files.

I know exactly how it's done, and could attempt it. But it's just way too time consuming and I'd never have enough time to commit to it. I used to export the models from the GTA games and just open them in a 3d editor just to see how they were made. This was before i learnt how to make 3D models. :)

They are just adapting the old map onto the rage game engine though.

I want to see the story, missions, character etc. In the gta IV liberty city.

P.s speaking of hd remaking the gang cars I was playing IV today and there is actually a sentinel with the black slats on the back of the windows.

I wish I knew coding.

You would barely need basic coding knowledge if R* released a tool set for GTA like Bethesda does for Fallout and The Elder Scrolls. They make it so easy to mod the game. Even I've done a little tinkering with Oblivion. Not much, though.

They are just adapting the old map onto the rage game engine though.

I want to see the story, missions, character etc. In the gta IV liberty city.

P.s speaking of hd remaking the gang cars I was playing IV today and there is actually a sentinel with the black slats on the back of the windows.

I wish I knew coding.

I know there is a mod for GTA 4 called car picker or something? You can pick the base model of any car and individually add each option and select a paint job, for x amount of dollars. Take a dukes for example, You can put the mesh grill and front wing without the blower. (I do believe)

@dooby. There are loads of GTAIV trainers that allow you to choose car models, mod parts and paint colours.

I use this one, which does way more than that:

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=392973

Holy Fuck, Theres more options in that thing then my whole computer comes with...

I don't know if you're joking or not, but I do have to have this. I need it, possibly more than anything else. I will abandon my home and spend the rest of my life playing with this action figure on the fucking street if I have to.

I remember the first time I ever played it. We set up the PS2 wrong and my dad was redoing the cables and I'd already put the game in, by the time the picture turned up I was bombing it down the bridge and straight across the road into the industrial area. Restarting and watching the cut scene was so memorable, my and my friend still recite it to each other like a love poem.

I know a place on the edge of the red light district where we can lay low, but my hands are all messed up so you better drive, brother.

• Like 3

Can you imagine how cool a Tommy Vercetti one would look? I think i might have to pre-order now too. You got a direct link for that?

Fuck it. After reading how many are being made i pre-ordered it! This is the most excited I've been since the release of San Andreas!