COSenna

Helicopter/Motorcycle Physics

i don't understand yore words what was wrong with the bikes you cant win any bike race or some thing

i thoght they were great they just dont want to stop on a dim so you slide a lot on the road.

I agree that GTA4 did a good job at pulling off the realisim, but I dont always want that from GTA. I dont go "hey I want some realisim, lets play GTA". if I wanted realistic driving I would be playing GT5. I actually liked the driving in GTA4, but I think they could make it a little more managable.

lol realism true, that freaking game takes everything into account, up to a point where it matters what type of tires you are using....

of course we do not want that, but something that looks and feel realistic, as opposed to saints row for example that I can literally go 120mph and make a quick turn without stopping, and if I did stop the car would literally turn to much..... we do not want that and I believe I speak for most people here.

Agreed, I think there is a nice balance in there that GTA4 almost had. I am confident that the driving will be very enjoyable.

i liked the realism ex speciely the damage i bet the realism will be so realistic on gatv that you would think that you were there. (Y)

i was happy with GTA IV. the bikes handled fine, you just had to know how to balance your weight on them. forward backward and keep a good speed for cornering and what not. takes practice but it worked fine. you don't need cross hairs on the bike... i always had no problem using the pistol and killing the driver through a rear window. so i don't know what you guys are talking about.

helicopters were fine for handling too... the aiming was a pain in the ass to get down but it was doable. i set cars on fire with the bullets. when they were tracers you could see where you were shooting. use that to aim, simple once again. what was hard was when the helicopter was updated and you couldn't see where you were shooting. that was a pain and hard. and you don't want helicopters to be too realistic. otherwise you hit a building once, or a lamp post, or hell, even a telephone wire and you would be dead. that would be annoying. i thought GTA IV was just fine.

so stop arguing guys and lets all agree that whatever GTA V has it will be great because a new GTA is ALWAYS great!

shove it EVERYONE!!! im lovin every second of this that i read and im just laughing, i will enjoy 5 because of planes and wont have to use a heli and for no reason at all will be using the 4WHEELER, dune buggy. or sandrail instead of a motorcycle. BAM! problem solved........... I LIKE ROCKS! =D

Think the damage could be improved to the chopper. The more realistic, the more I'll like it to be honest. Although one thing about bikes, like in TLAD we better be able to use weapons such as shotguns (sawn off) while riding a motorbike, while driving anything we need more access to weapons. Fair enough a guy driving a car can't shoot a shotgun, but in multiplayer, the guy in the passenger seat can. That should be allowed, it's awesome whenever you see a cop chase in a movie and the cop is leaning out the window with a shotgun. We need this.

About your comments on the helicopters, it seems like you got in the heli just a few times on GTA IV and gave up because it was too hard. I'll admit, it is hard to learn because it actually takes skill to fly one, but once you learn, it is very fun and you can get lost for hours in helicopter battles through Libert City. Btw, in GTA IV they already have the cockpit view that you mentioned as well as first person, third person, tail view, and gun view. At first I wanted a crosshair too but I think it is perfect without one because of how your bullets can sway depending on the angle/speed. Plus it makes the pilots more skillful to fight without the crosshair. If you really cant do without one, you can easily make one on your TV without damaging it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baQhhluoSKY

(GTA IV TBOGT)

There is a reason that Rockstar is putting so much emphasis on the piloting aspect of the game in GTA V. The saw how well it did in IV and how popular it became amongst competitive gamers. I think for the most part, the helicopter mechanics will remain the same with the exception of a few small tweaks on things like ammunition.

Unless you were on pc, I think both of your problems were just a lack of skill (sorry). I can understand on PC when you have on and off buttons that it could be hard, but the PS3 remote made flying and riding bikes really easy, and I don't know many people that had that much trouble with it. If you're fishtailing around a corner every time, use less acceleration while cornering, or slow down to the appropriate speed before entering the corner. And as for flying, well I don't know how you could struggle with that, if helicopters were like real life about 2% of players would be able to fly them, real pilots and flight sim freaks.

For someone to say Bike physics in San Andreas is more realistic than IV is like saying the faggio is faster than the infernus. It's not gonna happen. IV bike physics were too realistic for me, you barely bump into a rail going pretty slow, BWAAA YOU'RE FLYING HIGH UP IN THE SKY!

It was too hard to explode a helicopter in IV, imo. It took at least 4 rounds of my assualt rifle to get it smoking, Imagine shooting just a few bullets into a heli in real life. BAMMMMMMMMM!

I thought iv's physics were pretty great really, though I agree we need at least a dot or some kind of target in the chopper. Probably won't matter if I spend all my time flying a hydra lol