Sign in to follow this  
Pothatuu

Vice City 10th Anniversary October 29th

It's only a couple of weeks away at this point...

What do you think they'll do to celebrate this time? A remastered version for PC, console and mobile devices like GTA III? An expanded version? (Unlikely)

And anyone want to bet when they'll announce the anniversary? Mid-next week (16-20th?) or later?

I think we'll hear something for sure on the 22nd.

Never did buy III once I got my Droid. Meh. They release VC, I'm in. Some of those missions would suck to do on a phone, though.

The controls are decent... I just can keeep my neck bent long enough...

Never did buy III once I got my Droid. Meh. They release VC, I'm in. Some of those missions would suck to do on a phone, though.

The controls are decent... I just can keeep my neck bent long enough...

I suck balls at shooting though.

Shooting seems to be the only crap thing about the game. But imho the original lock-on and shoot system sucked anyway. I only just found out that i was playing at mid-display settings by default. I can boost it to max graphics on my phone, which is great!

I'm definitely getting VC if they do an anniversary release.

It's been a slow news week for Rockstar this week (15th-19th). I'm really really hoping now we'll hear something related either on Friday or Monday. (Fingers crossed)

I just saw on the Rockstar facebook page (the real one, not the fake one that keeps obsessively asking people if they like Rockstar Games and announcing fake release dates) that the GTA III trilogy is half-price on Mac until October 25th, and they've used Vice City as the display pic for it.

I'm hoping that wasn't "it". That would suck.

I can definitely see why GTA III Anniversary was a big deal to Rockstar and why they did what they did. I can also see why they (possibly) wouldn't make a big deal with Vice City since it really wasn't ground breaking (Amazing Yes) (Ground breaking as III was No).

I think we'll hear something for sure on the 22nd.

Well, I can't be right all the time, I guess. If nothing happens on the 29th, I will be a bit disappointed...

I got VC when I was 12 (had to get an older-looking friend to buy it for me), and it was the second one I ever finished.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City is $2.49 on Steam today

/yesterday - but still is now. £1.49 in the UK.

I bought it, as that's peanuts, that's cheaper than bottle of coke. I'll still end up getting an anniversary edition for my phone if they decide to release one.