hey guys, ive been thinking about the possibility of a zombie mode in GTA 5. It could be a singleplayer mode, a multiplayer mode, or both.I just wanted to hear some ideas on the subject. Thanks

RDR has had a zombie mode, and from what ive heard it was very succsess full. although id hope this mode would be more serious in gta 5 ( like no bigfoot and chupricabra), i think this mode could have alot of possibillitys.

Honestly the zombie genre has blown way out of proportion now. It was good as a DLC for Red Dead but should not even touch the GTA series. It would detach me from the actual story as well as any future DLC's or V era games. Just too mainstream if that's the right word.

I'd like to see it as some future DLC in gta. I'd like to see how they do it and if they could make it work. It could actually proveto be quite amazing with the map and physics. I'd love to see Los Santos ravaged by zombies. It's a matter of opinion.

• Like 1

I might enjoy it, but only as a separate multiplayer mode. A Zombie Free Roam with several other zombie-based game modes...Schmebbe.

yea, I think it is a realy big mainstream subject, but it would increase replay value, and it would just be a fun pass time. it wouldnt have to connect to the storyline at all, it would just have to be a multiplayer/single player mode that cosmetically changes the map and things to run it. idk just a thought

Zombies would be a nice addition, especially in free roam. just imagine you and around 15 other guys just driving around LS killing tons of zombies.

i was also thinking, if it was a single player mode also, you could have NPC fighters that follow you around and fight the zombies with you, taking the place of your friends in multiplayer.

As crazy and over the top as GTA is, it always remains somehwat grounded in reality. Adding zombies would detract from the realism, and seem out of place.

well, it would have to be serious. no bigfoot,chupicabra, etc. it would have to be straight up guns, cars, and zombies. honestly, GTA 4 would have made more sense to put the mode in, because the west coast is all sun and fun when it comes to mind. but i still think a zombie mode would be a pretty good idea for people who are into that sorta stuff, which nowadays is ALOT of people. look at the other zombie games that have made alot of money. Not to count movies,books,guns/equipment, that have made companys lots of money. GTA has a realy good base for a zombie mode, givien a few tweeks to the gameplay. Just an opinion

• Like 1

As crazy and over the top as GTA is, it always remains somehwat grounded in reality. Adding zombies would detract from the realism, and seem out of place.

well, it would have to be serious. no bigfoot,chupicabra, etc. it would have to be straight up guns, cars, and zombies. honestly, GTA 4 would have made more sense to put the mode in, because the west coast is all sun and fun when it comes to mind. but i still think a zombie mode would be a pretty good idea for people who are into that sorta stuff, which nowadays is ALOT of people. look at the other zombie games that have made alot of money. Not to count movies,books,guns/equipment, that have made companys lots of money. GTA has a realy good base for a zombie mode, givien a few tweeks to the gameplay. Just an opinion

Rockstar doesn't need to do what's popular to get money. They start the trends, not follow them.

• Like 2

icon11.gif

I've said it many times I dont think they will. Already bin done. R* doesnt repeat doing shit.

But if they happen to get it, and it was as well done as Undead Nightmare was..then I'd totally buy it.

I mean, undead nightmare wasn't a whore-ish add on. CoD busts out stupid maps again and agian and just soak up the money. UN was a full campaign with so many easter egs and good ideas. only 10 bucks too. loved it

Zombie mode would be a bit of a waste. While I highly doubt it would ever happen, I'd like to see a proper zombie game from R* instead.

This. Left 4 dead, dead island just dont do it for me. The best zombie game ive played is The Walking Dead, and thats saying something about the other zombie games available.

What beacuse The Walking Dead is CRAP???

Haven't played it, but it looks like very linear and boring.

Also agree about Dead Island being kind of Average and not much like the Trailer at all.

Then they release another trailer for the RipTide DLC and it's the same kind of trailer as the first.

Don't They Know that We Know they're full of shit now.

More zombies? No, please...It´s enough...and I really into in zombies but I feel a little bit upset when nowadays I hear something in relation with zombies. A possible expansion? Maybe in the future but I think It's a trited genre....I would prefer expansions of new cars, safehouses, weapons, accesories, there are lots of possibilities. But I don't think R* is going to abuse with this kind of packages or expansions...R* makes his job well always; and they deliver complete videogames. Although who knows...

although id hope this mode would be more serious in gta 5 ( like no bigfoot and chupricabra)

more serious? right because zombies are totally more realistic than bigfoot and chupacabra XD HAHAHAHA

although id hope this mode would be more serious in gta 5 ( like no bigfoot and chupricabra)

more serious? right because zombies are totally more realistic than bigfoot and chupacabra XD HAHAHAHA

That's almost exactly word for word what I was going to say :clap:

Fuck no... Not in the V. Because it'll be like Resident Evil series or something like that. So definitely not in the single player. Will be good as a DLC or in multiplayer would be nice. Infact as separate DLC it'll be good story, like the same city is crawling with zombies, not much people remain, those whose are alive struggling for survive kinda shit. Can be possible...

But not as a main story please :no:

• Like 1

Zombies are just the same generic, recycled shit that every game tries to incorporate because they know a buch of 13 year old zombie apocalypse survival proud american-nerds experts will buy it. In saying that, I must say some zombie games are decent, or even good (RDR), But now it's just such an unoriginal idea, and a lot of proud americans think they're the shit because they play zombie games and know the names of a few guns.

• Like 1

What beacuse The Walking Dead is CRAP???

Haven't played it, but it looks like very linear and boring.

Also agree about Dead Island being kind of Average and not much like the Trailer at all.

Then they release another trailer for the RipTide DLC and it's the same kind of trailer as the first.

Don't They Know that We Know they're full of shit now.

The game is generally linear but there are are choices you make which alter the game... But the game captured and obtained the zombie post apocolyptic tension and atmosphere better than any other zombie game..

The attitude in other games is LOL ZOMBIES!?!?!?

I dont think rdrs zombie game was that good as a zombie game tbh...

Maybe have a side mission where you have to kill a load of people dress up as zombies and take the piss out of the fact it's in every game now, rather than jumping on the band wagon with everyone else. Personally don't like zombie games, apart from RES. The ghouls in Fallout are enough for me.

I think a zombie mode would be pretty fun. Just imagine, the LA streets over run by zombies and survivors stranded on roof tops, searching for food and what-not. That's awesome, but like others have said not like a main thing maybe a DLC... Something you could turn off if you wanted to play normally. But then again it could turn out to be overrated kinda. The COD games have already done alot with zombie modes and it wouldn't be very original if GTA was to do it also. If they do or don't make a zombie add-on I won't be complaining, I have complete faith in R* and they have never let me down in the past. I'm just very impatient and CAN'T WAIT! lol HURRY UP!!!! >.<