I'm not sure what the OP is getting at, saying that "adaptive parkour failed" in GTA IV. It's a stretch to call gameplay mechanics while on foot "parkour" in any GTA game. MCs are supposed to be everyday thugs working their way up the ranks, and can't be compared to the leads in Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia or Uncharted. All that to say, ped movements could definitely use some improvements, work much more smoothly and not feel so clunky on stairs or during melee, for example.

They should add the sleeping dogs 'like' parkour, except for the jumping from building to building idea. That would be too much Jackie Chan.

That would be too much like me, an improved version of C.J.s jumps would do.

I don't know how to respond to this. It's fucking obvious it needs to be improved from San Andreas, that was complete shit with box-like motion, even worse than IV.

climbing was really troublesome in IV. i want to be able to climb onto the ledge of a rooftop rather than automatically jumping over it resulting in a splatery death.

I don't know how to respond to this. It's fucking obvious it needs to be improved from San Andreas, that was complete shit with box-like motion, even worse than IV.

IV wasnt much of an improvement. for me it was worse because of the reason i mentioned above.

• Like 1

Make it so some of your enemies can do that gay ass free-running shit.

Then your character can follow them in a car, get out ahead of them and casually walk up to them as they come off a building and shoot them in the spine.

Let's see how much running they do after that :D

• Like 2

climbing was really troublesome in IV. i want to be able to climb onto the ledge of a rooftop rather than automatically jumping over it resulting in a splatery death.

IV wasnt much of an improvement. for me it was worse because of the reason i mentioned above.

Yeah IV was shit as well in that aspect, but it was definitely better than SA. That's why it's strange to compare it in that context.

Yeah IV was shit as well in that aspect, but it was definitely better than SA. That's why it's strange to compare it in that context.

you could climb sideways while dangling but thats about it for improvement.

what that guy was trying to say was not add some ridiculous assassin credd style climbing, just climbing that anyone in good shape can do (like SA/IV) and improve it on a technical scale.

Well, I do REAL parkour, not the crazy tricking shit, and it's quite simple and common overall. Since trailer 2's release we've seen a black guy slide across the hood of a car. It goes to show that R* has improved. Maybe that was only that once....I don't really know. But I could see Franklin having the ability. Look at WATCH_DOGS parkour, it's fine, and could easily fit into GTA somewhere. When I said "In GTA IV the adaptive parkour failed" I was making note of how previous articles continuosly mentioned; "THE GAMES NEW ADAPTIVE PARKOUR ENGINE allows you to move around the world freely!" or something like that.

This is not a race debate or a competition to see who can say 'honky' the most times. Get back on topic.

Edit: Deleted everything. Jesus Christ, you kids are stupid.

Re-edit: I just saw that this is the second time I've had to delete an argument about racism.

The next person to start shit in here gets a warn and a 24 hour suspension.

• Like 1

Well, then.

Regarding parkour, I seriously doubt it will be improved upon, for the reason that it wasn't present to begin with. I see no purpose for it, either.

Micheals too old, Trevor's white trash, and Franklins on the verge of being obese (unless that's muscle).

I doubt theres going to be any free running. It'll be smoother, but not parkour.

Micheals too old, Trevor's white trash, and Franklins on the verge of being obese (unless that's muscle).

I doubt theres going to be any free running. It'll be smoother, but not parkour.

that's basically what parkour is, free running without the tricks. like in gta 4 when running from the cops if you hopped a fence when running from the police and took advantage of all climbable objects that was basically parkour in the most basic form.

like in gta 4 when Vlad wanted you to kill that one guy and he was running on the rooftops, that was parkour, or in the watch dogs gameplay video when he was chasing that guy who shot at him, and at the end when he ran to get to the train station that was parkour.

here:

i want too parkour, because: SLeeping Dogs is way better in climbing, vaulting, etc. than in GTA IV (puke)

In GTA IV is slower climbing, vaulting, grabbing, and in Sleeping Dogs are faster everything

Free running in this game would be awesome. I hate bein chased by cops or other people tryin to kill you & you can't climb the damn wall properly when it's not even above your knees. They need to add a better free running game play to the game so you can get around easier & avoid bein killed cuz your character is to stupid to climb something so small. I think free running would be awesome.

Anybody else?

Free running in this game would be awesome. I hate bein chased by cops or other people tryin to kill you & you can't climb the damn wall properly when it's not even above your knees. They need to add a better free running game play to the game so you can get around easier & avoid bein killed cuz your character is to stupid to climb something so small. I think free running would be awesome.

Anybody else?

Maybe your problem is trying to climb something that's a foot tall, when you could just jump over it.

Anybody else?

Maybe your problem is trying to climb something that's a foot tall, when you could just jump over it.

Or maybe you could just shoot the idiot/s who are trying to kill you. Instead of running away from them like a pussy.

• Like 1

I like the free running idea as long as it's an acquirable skill. I'd expect Franklin to be much better than Trevor who would be a fair bit better than Michael. Free running would be very useful for ducking into cover but would really come into it's own as a minigame.

i want too parkour, because: SLeeping Dogs is way better in climbing, vaulting, etc. than in GTA IV (puke)

In GTA IV is slower climbing, vaulting, grabbing, and in Sleeping Dogs are faster everything

I'd say the 3 protags would move differently. Franklin being the one who could do some basic free running. Like sprinting, jumping a fence and then sprinting again all in one smooth motion. That would be handy running from police and dogs. I can't imagine Trevor or Michael jumping a fence very quickly though.