Guest Marney1

Post a picture you have taken

That last one would make a lovely desktop. Got a bigger one for me?

Will have to go back and redo the original sometime, but thanks man.

One of the eagles was posing prettily in the morning sun today - kicking myself for not having my camera with me...again.

I am compiling a bird slideshow for you in the meantime, Brian. There's a fuckton of shots to go through but it'll be worth it once I'm done.

• Like 1

It always sucks when you look back and think you might have gotten the perfect shot lol

Slideshow sounds awesome, I've only gotten two pictures of birds myself. One is a downy woodpecker and the other was a pair of wild turkey we saw the other day.

45fde29b9929aaec2c963d506f149023.png

05H06jD.jpg

Nice! We get both downy and hairy woodpeckers at our feeders quite often. It's hilarious seeing them dangling upside down and still managing to get at the feeding holes.

Actually, I've seen piliated ones around too (the long-necked redheaded ones that look like Woody Woodpecker), both their shape and movement are unmistakeable. Those sightings have been rare and just in passing, like during a stroll by the water or noticing them on old telephone poles while driving by, haven't managed to snap one of those yet.

We have the red bellied woodpecker here and I've only seen one once. I don't see woodpeckers too often, but now that I've started to go hiking more I've seen some animals I rarely ever seen, saw a raccoon the other day and I've only seen a raccoon one other time which years ago during the day as it was digging through someone's trash.

I'd say the most common birds here are house finches, blue jays, crows, Canadian geese, and cardinals. Lots of ducks and swans on the water.

lol - Raccoons were something I'd only seen rummaging through garbage at people's lakeside cabins...until I moved to Toronto. In the GTA, raccoons are as common as pigeons, or squirrels. And they're huge. And completely unafraid of people. They know when garbage day is, and can break into just about any container. Once, when I still lived there, my man and I were in the living room watching TV when we heard the familiar sound of cat kibble being crunched in the kitchen...then noticed both cats were curled up with us in the living room. :o A racoon had opened the sliding patio door and waddled in to our kitchen and was happily feasting at the cat bowl. He wasn't all that interested in moving...and those fat fuckers are hard to budge. I used to see whole families of them walking around in trees...there have been several hilarious encounters.

Most common birds here: chickadees, finches, sparrows, robins, grackles, gulls, geese. Cardinals are harder to spot unless they're nesting nearby. Blue jays are around a lot right now, I've seen them at our feeders lately too.

Anyway, I've managed some awesome wilderness & feeder bird photos since we moved out east, I think you'll like the slideshow once I get it done.

• Like 2

:lol: Coons are some ballsy mofos. We had one coming into our back porch every night, not for trash, just for the sake of exploration. His routine eventually became so concrete that he'd keep it up even when the porch was full of people.

Brian, them turkeys looked ripe, did you bag 'em?

• Like 1

:lol: Coons are some ballsy mofos. We had one coming into our back porch every night, not for trash, just for the sake of exploration. His routine eventually became so concrete that he'd keep it up even when the porch was full of people.

Brian, them turkeys looked ripe, did you bag 'em?

I don't think the preserve would have been too happy :lol:

Here's the raccoon I saw though

Of7BQut.jpg

Preserve?! That was somebody's yard.

Nice silhouette shot with the 'coon.

That was the main building for the preserve. We hiked down the red and yellow, the entire green, then the other part of the red and yellow to make a full loop.

AWo1cga.jpg

I can't wait until Rob sees this...

• Like 2

A few from my weekend in London. More to come!

15684821639_d4dba1e6d0_c.jpgImperial War Museum by shabbagaz, on Flickr

15684815189_a228f0ec22_c.jpgImperial War Museum by shabbagaz, on Flickr

15870295232_cc629f8f14_c.jpgTower of London by shabbagaz, on Flickr

15683618820_d408b7abbb_c.jpgThe Scoop by shabbagaz, on Flickr

15845120116_2d07413b6d_c.jpgTower Bridge by shabbagaz, on Flickr

• Like 5

Man, I looked at the empirical war museum picture, and thought wtf, where is that in gtao???!?!!

I thought I entered the post your snapmatic topic...

• Like 1