Sign in to follow this  
JamieMilne

Rockstar News

6 hours ago, Massacre said:

Finally, something worth playing.

Inb4 Red Dead Online becomes a thing and ruins the series like GTAO ruined GTA.

indeed.

i don't think their GTAO-style economy would work in red dead anyways... which is why i don't think we'll be getting free DLC because there's just not enough stuff to sell us on to buy shark cards... there's only so many horses and cowboy hats out there... i can see multiplayer map packs and various clothing packs and shit... if they gave us a creator tho, we could make our own stuff...

either way, i wouldn't count on hearing much in the next few months... some screenshots next week, maybe a trailer before the end of the year, then a year or more of hype... while i am excited, i've learned over the years to not go overboard... people are getting excited over a company logo lmao :lol:... i'm just excited that they're finally officially focusing on something other than gta :rolleyes:...

But it's on a red background!! RED!

Anyway I have a feeling the game is 80% complete at this stage, I imagine we'll see it spring/summer next year. Looking forward to seeing my speculation butchered and reposted as official info by idiotic "news" sites... oh there's going to be nine playable characters too.

1 hour ago, Ginginho said:

Most likely to be an RDR themed DLC for GTA Online...

Introducing a new vehicle type, Horses, with hundreds of customisation options to spend your cash on...

New game mode called Cattle Drive.  Buy up some cattle then drive them halfway across the map before a cunt in a hydra blows it all to shit...

Horses which cost $2.5 million.   Upgraded saddle $75k.

i'd rather have a more polished product, which with all things aside, they do usually ship polished products, and take as long as they need since take2 isn't pushing their best asset on specific deadlines... their gta multiplayer stuff was a disaster right from the start, and continues to show issues (and some never liked it in the first place)... but the single player we got 3 years ago was a fine piece of work... i don't mind delays, i'm getting too old to care anymore lol, everything gets delayed...

I think R* have been quiet in terms of games and content for a very long time.

I feel like the era of waiting a year from R* for any information after announcements is over. They need to take a leaf from Bethesda's book and reveal it only a couple of months before release, to keep momentum. 

The demand of the internet and trends makes long waits bad for their reputation, no matter how good the final outcome.

Maybe i'm just being optimistic, even though R* have given me no reason to be anything of the sort.

Yeah exactly my thoughts, we haven't had a proper release since GTA V. What have R* San Diego been doing for the last 4-5 years anyway apart from maybe helping out North with V and swimming in all the shark card profit.

rockstar loves to draw out projects tho, it's part of their marketing... they know their fans will buy it whenever its released... so why not start now and keep the hype train rolling for a year?? you know they'd have no problem keeping it going, no ones gonna jump off if there's a delay... they didn't when GTAV was delayed... GTA is popular, but RDR was something else entirely... it's theme resonates with a lot more people IMO... plus their open world city has been done to death by other companies... no one wants to touch the wild west because they know they wouldn't even come close to R*'s attention to detail...

So, those images match up. I automatically assumed we'd be getting a week or so of layers of an image leading up to a poster with the title and release window...

IMG_20161017_212305.jpg

"Red Dead Renegades" (Yeah i'm getting attached to that title)

"Spring 2017" (for example)

What do you think?

• Like 1

yea i think we're getting a name reveal tomorrow... i dunno if they're gonna keep this up all week, it'll be interesting to see... also, every 20 minutes there's a new red dead account :rolleyes:... they all post the same damn shit too, i was getting annoyed so i tweeted this :lol:...

i don't need 15 sources that post the same damn thing rockstar posts... i don't need to see a hundred different fan arts... naw dawg, im good B)... besides, there's people on my feed that RT it all anyways, there's not point in following them :lol:...

i suppose we ought to start a new topic tomorrow, or even now... we can always change the name when it's announced...

28 minutes ago, spiritedaway18 said:

I'm still waiting for R* to make an actual great game, and not average ones.

red dead redemption is in my top 3 all-time... that game was a masterpiece IMO...

also, people were photoshopping the hell out of the leaked art earlier today... sadly i was was working, but i had this idea all damn day... glad no one did it yet :lol:...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, spiritedaway18 said:

*flinches*

*struggles in rocking chair, tries in vain to reach for the shotgun*

• Like 2

Yeah i saw a few funny ones. The Carlton dance gif. The table tennis one. Even Square Enix did a rip off with their new Final Fantasy protagonists in the upcoming game.

R* know how to publicise without really spending any money or lifting a finger! ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spiritedaway18 said:

Wait.... why are you here then?!?!?!