remember in san andreas how there were different cop vehicles in different areas like in the country there were the suvs while in the desert there were a different car than los santos. in the trailer the cop cars were different than the ones in the buisness screens so this leads me to believe there are multiple districts or the first car was just a prototype to build on. either way gimme opinions.

post-8042-0-35742400-1346267731.jpg

post-8042-0-11555800-1346267732.jpg

post-8042-0-21594400-1346267733.jpg

post-8042-0-91253100-1346267733.jpg

• Like 1

While its possible, I kinda doubt it personally. I think it's more in line with them tweaking the model for the cop car a bit.

I do think they'll be a completely different kind of cop car for the countryside, I think it'll be an SUV like they did in San Andreas.

or the cops have several different cars in their garage.

EDIT: I mean, LCPD does have at least 2 different patrol cars, so why not LSPD aswell?

Well if they're smart they'll definitely have different police for the countryside. We want to see things like rangers and sheriffs. We should get police trucks/SUVs and bikes. With these different kinds of cops there should also come different police weaponry. For example, countryside police should carry something such as a revolver and maybe an older type shotgun. Lets just hope they've really improved by introducing things like batons, tasers, pepperspray and CS gas.

• Like 1

Hmm, never realy thought about this one, but i do think that there should be districts ( not as much city districs like rodeo or ganton, but like Los santos and the country side) that have varied types and colors of police/ emegency vehicles.Maybe add modern types instead of an old peice of crap ranger. like if they made a remake of the Chevy Tahoe, then that should be used, same with the regular police type car, a dodge charger ( buffalo), and maybe even lamborghinis like in europe.Branching off from the regular police/sherrif, what about the swat, FIB, CIA, Military, etc? for the FIB, i thought it was rediculous they all had chargers, and the military shouldnt be able to take tanks into city limits. and personally, i think the polce should handle situations ALOT more realisticly than in preveous gtas. And that goes along with what area a crime is taking place. if its in the city, id see more less lethal type approach at first, and depending on the environment, road blocks, NOOSE teams, that sorta stuff should be more tactical than just crouching around like in GTA 4.

• Like 3

There's 3 models. A Crown Vic (Vapid) Charger (Buffalo) and Caprice? (New Model). Usually there are more than one type of car in a jurisdiction which is good this time around because in San Andreas they just had different markings. Being a huge police buff here is what I'd like to see.

• City Police (which we know we'll have) similar to the LAPD in terms of uniform, police vehicles, and so on.
  • County Police or Sheriff (they could use the LACOPS but that was dissolved and taken over by LA County Sheriff Department/Office in 2010). This would cover the whole of the map (city and country) like in real life. Seeing both departments in the same area would be very nice.
  • County Police or Sheriff's would use both patrol cars and SUV's like a Tahoe based on location.

All though the ranger was nice, it's outdated. A newer SUV would be a lot better. (Landstalker which is also based off the Tahoe and Explorer).

To Brawk, a Lamborghini is a rather dumb idea. They are only used on patrolling highways with no speed limit in Italy, and Germany has it's own police force patrolling the Autobahn (using Porches and other German engineered vehicles).

Military should not be aloud within city limits, that is not their job.

Edit: Maybe this should be merged with the More Realistic Police topic?

• Like 2

I think different police districts would be a great idea there should be park rangers patrol the mountains like how the police patrol the streets . That would be cool .

SUVs, regulars, motor bikes and dirt bikes would be cool. Imagine a dirtbike chase through the forest covered mountain, with trees obstructing helicopters.

There's 3 models. A Crown Vic (Vapid) Charger (Buffalo) and Caprice? (New Model). Usually there are more than one type of car in a jurisdiction which is good this time around because in San Andreas they just had different markings. Being a huge police buff here is what I'd like to see.

• City Police (which we know we'll have) similar to the LAPD in terms of uniform, police vehicles, and so on.
  • County Police or Sheriff (they could use the LACOPS but that was dissolved and taken over by LA County Sheriff Department/Office in 2010). This would cover the whole of the map (city and country) like in real life. Seeing both departments in the same area would be very nice.
  • County Police or Sheriff's would use both patrol cars and SUV's like a Tahoe based on location.

All though the ranger was nice, it's outdated. A newer SUV would be a lot better. (Landstalker which is also based off the Tahoe and Explorer).

To Brawk, a Lamborghini is a rather dumb idea. They are only used on patrolling highways with no speed limit in Italy, and Germany has it's own police force patrolling the Autobahn (using Porches and other German engineered vehicles).

Edit: Maybe this should be merged with the More Realistic Police topic?

i agree with everything ecept on the lambo. i think after a certain wanted level, and depending on the car your in, it would add a lil bit more action than just leaving the cops behind . i get sick of having to eather turn around or stop for the cops to catch up, idk it was just a thought. And the reason i mentioned the military not being in city limits, was that in SA id have the army follow me or spawn in a city. And to be more realistic, they should only be called in on helicopters, or out of city limits. I never thought about the uniforms tho, and i like your ideas. It saves me some time googleing info about that haha.

It's probable that they've just updated the model, as mentioned. Although, they could have created a few different police cars just to ad a sense of realism?

They havnt updated the ranger since its introduction ( model wise). I personally dont think it should be changed, just because not all police districs have newer SUVs. so i think it should be added, but used rarely. And i dont think they will create a whole lot of new police vehicles, although they might take pedestrain models and tweek them a lil bit into a police vehilce idk

I think judging by the country side being in GTA V, there's no doubt there will be different police vehicles, just hopefully a bigger variety, like Chevrolet's, and other SUV, JEEP style vehicles in country areas.

I applaud you. It's not that easy to create original GTAV related topics anymore.

That's a really good example of taking realism too far. -_- Tanks plowing trough fences and small vehicles while chasing you in Downtown LS seems fine to me, but more importantly it's fun.

• Like 1

Police boats should come equipped with RPGs.

But they should use it only for wanted level 3 or more...

Afterall we don't want to get vapourised for only 1 or 2 star wanted level... :no:

They all look like the same car to me. Maybe they just had different builds as the game develops.

-

Actually, I see the differences now.

Yes! RPG's and/or mounted guns.

Afterall we don't want to get vapourised for only 1 or 2 star wanted level... :no:

Rockstar need to rebuild to wanted level system, judging by the way GTAV is being made, you might need more than 6 stars...

Yes! RPG's and/or mounted guns.

Rockstar need to rebuild to wanted level system, judging by the way GTAV is being made, you might need more than 6 stars...

i think there should be 7 wtih the seventh being military but make it almost impossible to get without cheats or upon entering military locations