Possibly, I mean there are backpackers in the trailer, so why not have tents in the game? At the very least I expect to see NPCs have tents camping out in the wilderness, similar to RDR except not fixed in place. Would be nice if the player had one as well, to be able to save quickly or if lost in the wild.

actual_1345599535.jpg

So, after seeing the leisure images, does anyone think that a portable safehouse is becoming more and more likely? We all know it's possible, but is it likely?

Hmmmm, allthough I would love the option either a tent set up similar to rdr (obviously not usable within city bounds!), or a mobilehome setup, I really dont expect R* will indulge us that much... I sincerely hope they spreaded the safehouses a lot better this time, so you would at least have a cabin of some sort.

In LA, there is a fortified house that is second to none when it comes to security...This would be pretty killer if you had 6* and wanted to put on a siege! ;)

lasafehouse_0.jpg

If you had a cardboard box as a safehouse you'd be safe from GTA cops. For some odd reason they stop searching for a mass murder, arsonist and all other criminal stuff after he enters a safehouse...

In LA, there is a fortified house that is second to none when it comes to security...This would be pretty killer if you had 6* and wanted to put on a siege! ;)

lasafehouse_0.jpg

If you had a cardboard box as a safehouse you'd be safe from GTA cops. For some odd reason they stop searching for a mass murder, arsonist and all other criminal stuff after he enters a safehouse...

Yeaa i agree its not like it needs to be all secure. I think the house looks ok, but the idea is not relevent to the game.

Guest Marney-1

I've had the cops come into 'Roman's safe house' in IV after thinking I was safe because I'd entered the apartment up the stairs. The cops just kept piling in through the door while I stood in the kithen capping them.

• Like 1

I've had the cops come into 'Roman's safe house' in IV after thinking I was safe because I'd entered the apartment up the stairs. The cops just kept piling in through the door while I stood in the kithen capping them.

That's also happened to me. I had to take them on in the bedroom, and they kept pooring in. As soon as you save it though, the wanted level goes.

I just hope they allow us to have at least 1 big mansion with big garages at some point in the game. I really hope R* learned from gta4's terrible safe house system....

• Like 1

I just hope they allow us to have at least 1 big mansion with big garages at some point in the game. I really hope R* learned from gta4's terrible safe house system....

n0 l04d1n9 5cr33n5 pl0x?

Just kidding, but that would be great. Anyway, I really hope there are a variety of safehouses like in San Andreas. From penthouses and mansions to rundown apartments in the projects, rife with crime.

• Like 2

Ya, and it depends on what places are included in the game. if there is a desert, id expect to see desert homes like in GTA SA, and same goes for san fierro too. they could learn alot by their previous games what we like and dont like.

• Like 1

Ya, and it depends on what places are included in the game. if there is a desert, id expect to see desert homes like in GTA SA, and same goes for san fierro too. they could learn alot by their previous games what we like and dont like.

I think that's what every game developer does... Looks back and sees what was good/bad, and tries to change it if it's a good idea. Unless it's a game made purely to generate millions using the same shit every year *coughcallofdutycough*

I think that's what every game developer does... Looks back and sees what was good/bad, and tries to change it if it's a good idea. Unless it's a game made purely to generate millions using the same shit every year *coughcallofdutycough*

Yea, i agree, but if you look at GTA sa, and GTA 4, in my opinion there was hardly any good things from the previous title. I mean, there were some great new things, but not very many of the things we all loved from SA. So i guess they did look back at some other titles, but they must have skimmed through a lil bit

Yea, i agree, but if you look at GTA sa, and GTA 4, in my opinion there was hardly any good things from the previous title. I mean, there were some great new things, but not very many of the things we all loved from SA. So i guess they did look back at some other titles, but they must have skimmed through a lil bit

To be fair stuff from GTA SA probably couldn't be recreated in IV; back then the whole engine and shit was completely new so they were extremely limited. It was like a beta test for the upcoming GTA V, where they've had a lot more time to develop the engine.

To be fair stuff from GTA SA probably couldn't be recreated in IV; back then the whole engine and shit was completely new so they were extremely limited. It was like a beta test for the upcoming GTA V, where they've had a lot more time to develop the engine.

thats very true. Although the new engine for GTA 4 was very new to the series, i still think some things were not added, as to the focus on the realism. I personaly think that the vehicle customization and stuff was a lil impossible at the time, but the smaller things were still within reach. Nice thoughts tho

i have faith in r* to make great safehouses n make plenty for every situation from being filthy rich to need a place to to lay low, i juss want the safehouses to be more iteractive, the tv was great but how about a gun locker to choose ur weapons to put into ur weapon wheel, and a fridge with food to build health, and a fat lazy dog that stays near its food n water!! u should b aBLE TO SMOKE ON UR OWN BALCONY

Ya maybe make one of the games an arcade version of vice city or san andreas, just smaller maps and make it look like china town wars. And playing the other Gtas would take peoples attention away from the actual game. R* is putting alot of time and Ca$h into this game, and they wouldnt want the other titles to make problems. I like the idea of using the Tvs for games.

Maybe that could be the way you can access the Zombie Mode if they make one. Most ( if not all) gtas dont have actual Menus. The game menu is in the start menu, and it wouldnt seem as fun to just press start and get into the mini game thay way. Still a good idea tho.

does anyone have an idea on the Starting safehouse? Should it be crappy, or just a normal suburban home?

it should mosdef be crappy i luv tha ags to riches, or it could b a lil like scarface and u lose everything!!

top 10 things that should be in a safehouse to interact with

1.a better car garage(as long as the car is parked at the safhouse it should still b there))

2.gun locker(for all the weapons that uve bought)

3.mini games(i hav no prob playin sum pacman)

4.fridge(full of health,can put alcohol in there so u culd get drunk n all from tha blconyFUNNN!)

5.basement

6.a better closet(cuz scrollin thru all the clothes pisssd me off,should b a lil menu for shirts,hats,pants,etc)

7.a fat lazy good for nuthin girl that never leaves and always wants dick and money, (urs very own hooker that u never hafftuh pay)

8. if the main character is old then he should def. smoke weed n cigs at home at least!!

9.trash ur own house(knock over bookcases,ec)

10.a place t chop ppl up or hold hosage!!

• Like 2

Gunlocker? Nigga please, I keep all my guns in my left pocket.

haha i think it would be a good idea just so you can store different guns. like if im holding an AK and a pump shotgun, then id go to the gun safe and switch them. makes since Most of his ideas are good, buuut a few are rediculous id like it to be rags to riches also.

Gunlocker? Nigga please, I keep all my guns in my left pocket.

haha i think it would be a good idea just so you can store different guns. like if im holding an AK and a pump shotgun, then id go to the gun safe and switch them. makes since Most of his ideas are good, buuut a few are rediculous id like it to be rags to riches also.

Ofcourse the "rags to riches" aspect makes you as a player bond more with your character, cause you build something fro the ground up! So yes it would be a strong element story wise. If we would play with a young protag (for example, spanish red car guy), it would be fun to start out low, similar to GTA SA, if the protag would be the ned luke character, maybe a drop from wealth similar to the scarface game, would fit.

As for the discussion regarding elements from previous GTA's. In my enviroment the number one complaint about IV was that there wasnt anything to do, not like you could in SA. So yes they'll simply HAVE to deliver!!!!

a gun locker is probably the thing i long for in gta than any other. i like to use a large variety of weapons. i want to change weapons for certain missions. when the DEagle is unlocked, i want to use the DEagle a certain mission, then use the Glock again in the next.

its a shame that i have to buy a new gun every time a want to switch weapons. a big waste of money.

a gun locker is probably the thing i long for in gta than any other. i like to use a large variety of weapons. i want to change weapons for certain missions. when the DEagle is unlocked, i want to use the DEagle a certain mission, then use the Glock again in the next.

its a shame that i have to buy a new gun every time a want to switch weapons. a big waste of money.

I totally agree, me personally, I hope they put in a weapon wheel (similar to RDR)

I don't know if the gun capacity will be increased and they add a wheel, but a gun locker and illegal delivery would be nice. simply dialing a number and ordering a MP7, Desert Eagle and an AA12 and then storing the current weapons in that slot into a locker. When you want to switch you just press "LB" and you change out the two weapons without paying. There should be at least four weapons for each categories and a locker should hold at least two of each. The fridge should be like mafia 2 and the closet should display all clothes in groups.

I don't know if someone else said this but I think they should limit the gun capacity to only how many could be carried realistically. This would mean multiple Knives, Handguns, SMG's, Machine Pistol's and other close quarter weapons ( that could be dual wielded ), as well as having 2 primary weapons like an Assault Rifle with connected 203 grenade launcher and a seperate RPG/40mm Grenade Launcher. This would force you to have a gunsafe in your safe house, which would enable you to interchange stored and equipped weapons at your leisure for different missions which will need different types of force.