Yep, just read it :) Awesome!

So it seems we'll be getting some more screens soon and a new trailer after that... But given the fact that it's their biggest game yet and they honestly say they don't show anything unless they're 100% certain it's gonna be there in the end product, I don't see a 2012 release anymore. Which is fine though, as long as some snippets of info are being fed to us here and there... ;)

“Hey guys hope everything is good over there in Rockstar. Just a question referring to GTA 4, the game was brilliant and I really enjoyed and still do, but what disappointed me was the lack of planes and jets... Can you tell me why you didn't include them, I'm sure you have a very valid reason?” – via Mouthoff Rockstar replied say The city was simply too small for effective and enjoyable flying. It was the first time we made a high definition open world, and it was a massive amount of work to make something on that scale – we simply could not make an environment big enough for planes to work properly. Fear not, they are returning in what is our biggest open world game to date.

Love 'em. If this is from console footage, graphics have definitely improved over IV DLC. It's really cool to see the NPCs sitting on the edge of that dock, too. Little AI improvement touches like that really make the experience that much more enjoyable.

• Like 1

If anyone (Dup) with photoshop or other image program wants to figure out what the name on the tail of the copter says, go ahead. I'm not on my own computer right now.

Something like "PEAKAGE" but it's faint.

Edited by TreeFitty
crossing this out since n00bs can't read past it

It's really cool to see the NPCs sitting on the edge of that dock, too. Little AI improvement touches like that really make the experience that much more enjoyable.

NPCs sitting on a dock isn't really an AI improvement, it's exactly the same as them sitting on a bench, just with the script runner in a different place.

And Fitty, it says POLICE, POL*CE or PONCE. Hard to see even after upping the contrast and enhancing the edges.

After another check i'm going with simply "POLICE".

Don't take this as a complaint or anything but did anyone else thing the screenshots look a bit pixelated in parts? Some parts are pretty nice and smooth but some parts don't look too good. I'd imagine that's why they haven't released anything cos it still needs to look a lil smoother?

Yeah the only things that look rough in those screens imo is the tree alpha's, and the ped texture resolution. Everything else looks as i'd expect.

The thing that makes it look bad though is the aliasing, nothing more.

I'd like to compare the height of the STD tower. Look how on both shots (one from the ending scene of the trailer and the other is the screenshot) both have relatively the same height (maroon) and a crane (red). Maybe both scenes are from the same time but could also be an unchanged building throughout the story which contradicts the rumor about it being constructed more and more as the story goes on. Considering it will take place in rough economic times it would be a likely story the company had run out of money and had to stop current construction or is on the verge of bankruptcy and maybe the main protagonist gets back into the "line of work" to help continue the construction on his building and kick start his company back up again. That's my theory.

building.jpg

buildings.jpg

Also yes it says police on the tail. I changed the auto levels a bit to help see the outline and then colored inside the lettering.

police.jpg

These screen shots are amazing, I wonder when we'll get the second trailer though..

They said "soon", but how close is soon?

• Like 1

Once I saw this on Rockstar Games. I SHIT!!! I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE IT!

GTA V is releasing this year. PERIOD!

I doubt it. From what they said in the Q&A they're far off.

• Like 1

I wouldnt be suprised if it was next gen.. As a way to sell ps4s.. and thats why we have very little info

Do you think Sony/Microsoft would allow anyone to release screenshots of games running on hardware they haven't confirmed the existence of yet? Even if they did, don't you think the graphics might look a little bit sharper than they do right now?

yeah has anyone noticed the buggy trees lol.

yhmpv.png

Pretty good confirmation that this is still current generation hardware.