DuPz0r

GTA Picture Thread

Not anything exciting, but i thought I'd give some screenshots a go on full settings now i have my new card. The graphic settings are all on full, but the only thing letting it down is the low resolution,(1280x1024) wish i could have run it at 1080p (That's next on my shopping list!)

niko1280x1024.jpg

Landscape2.jpg

Landscape1.jpg

Next thing for me to do is mod GTA with that ENB graphics accelerator.

Post a picture from any GTA.

• Like 5

Landscape1.jpg

Awesome screen. Reminds me of the first time I played the mission where you had to chase the guy over the rooftops and then either pull him up or let him fall. The sky was that colour and the sun was going down between the skyskrapers in the distance, and I remember thinking it was fucking epic. :)

• Like 1

Landscape1.jpg

Awesome screen. Reminds me of the first time I played the mission where you had to chase the guy over the rooftops and then either pull him up or let him fall. The sky was that colour and the sun was going down between the skyskrapers in the distance, and I remember thinking it was fucking epic. :)

oh yeah i remember that, the sky was the same for me too. Maybe the weather was pre-set to be like that for this mission.

Also, for that screenshot, i turned definition off. I think this looks good is some places, it makes it look a bit blurred but takes those harsh edges away.

I finally got round to modding GTAIV with the latest ENB mod called "ICEnHANCER". I haven't tweaked the config files much yet, but I will start messing around with it soon. I heard the mod really melts your GPU so I've been keeping an eye on my temps. I managed to play a mission with ENB on, which was fucking awesome i might add. And the temps didn't go above 60 Degrees Celsius, so I'm not too worried atm.

anyway, couple of pics :D

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

There is still loads of settings I have yet to play with, like FOV, light shafts, Lens flair etc. the grain and colour is a part of the post process filter from ICEnHANCER.

I'm so gonna play through the whole story with this on now!

• Like 1

Here's a couple more pics. I had a play around with some of the weather settings. I've seen some nice config settings online, I'm going to try and get some setting presets for amazing results.

pic3.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic7.jpg

Thanks. Yeah this post processing filter is amazing. I can't help but stop and take screen grabs everywhere i go! Thunderstorms look epic with all the rain on the floor etc, but it's hard to capture on a screenshot, it just ends up looking weird.

I thought i'd do a comparison shot to show the difference.

Here is GTAIV on Max settings standard:

GTAIV_StandardFullSettings.jpg

GTAIV_ICEnhancer.jpg

And again with the ICEnhancer mod.

Was waiting for a train on a mission and decided it would make a nice photo.

Niko1.jpg

And a pic of the train:

Train1.jpg

Here's a couple more pics. I had a play around with some of the weather settings. I've seen some nice config settings online, I'm going to try and get some setting presets for amazing results.

pic3.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic7.jpg

Buh, i've lost the power of speech.

• Like 1

Buh, i've lost the power of speech.

Scruffy_Futurama.jpg

Especially this one:

pic8.jpg

I need to upgrade my computer. Immediately. That shit looks orgasmically realistic. I don't think I can play GTA IV on my 360 anymore.

• Like 2

^That^ one made me the most speechless, the headlights and the difference in the lighting quality overall, there's much more of a realistic contrast between light and dark. If i'd have been shown that without knowing it was from a mod i'd have said it was heavily photoshopped.

The best part is that there doesn't appear to be any changes in textures or anything, just lighting. Meaning, if R* had put this much work into the lighting, GTA IV would've looked this good on its own. Of course, the PS3 and 360 couldn't handle it and it would have had to be PC exclusive, thus defeating the purpose, but still...

• Like 1

The best part is that there doesn't appears to be any changes in textures or anything, just lighting. Meaning, if R* had out this much work into the lighting, GTA IV would've looked this good on its own. Of course, the PS3 and 360 couldn't handle it and it would have had to be PC exclusive, thus defeating the purpose, but still...

you're right, There is no texture difference. The only changes are lighting/reflection/refraction and post production filters. Which can be GPU hungry, but it's worth it!

Also the Time cycle has been overhauled i think. They coded their own skylights and light effects for different times of the day and weather cycles.

It's not even a hard mod to install. You just drag - drop the files into the GTAIV route folder, and modify the config according to your setup, and you're ready to go.

Installing GTAIV and getting the v1.0.4.0 patch to work properly is a different matter!

Scruffy_Futurama.jpg

thumbs up good sir, i haven't seen scruffy's mug in ages :D...

these do look pretty amazing dup... i can't believe this is the GTA i've been playing for 3 years now... it's amazing how much of a difference the lighting can make... and the color seems to have more contrast in it, compared the grayish tone of the original game... more color brings out these rich textures, similar to the way it brought out 1947 LA in noire...

• Like 1

The best part is that there doesn't appears to be any changes in textures or anything, just lighting. Meaning, if R* had out this much work into the lighting, GTA IV would've looked this good on its own. Of course, the PS3 and 360 couldn't handle it and it would have had to be PC exclusive, thus defeating the purpose, but still...

you're right, There is no texture difference. The only changes are lighting/reflection/refraction and post production filters. Which can be GPU hungry, but it's worth it!

Also the Time cycle has been overhauled i think. They coded their own skylights and light effects for different times of the day and weather cycles.

It's not even a hard mod to install. You just drag - drop the files into the GTAIV route folder, and modify the config according to your setup, and you're ready to go.

Installing GTAIV and getting the v1.0.4.0 patch to work properly is a different matter!

I had to pinch my arm because it looks better than reality!

If I had IV for pc, how would I acquire this mod?

What hardware would I need in order to run this as smoothly as possible? The game is some years old now, I don't know if I would need a high end pc or just a "better than average" gaming pc.

What are your pc specs and how does it run the game?

• Like 3

I had to pinch my arm because it looks better than reality!

If I had IV for pc, how would I acquire this mod?

Here is where i got it: http://www.gta4-mods.com/misc/icenhancer-12---enb-graphic-mod-f9236

What hardware would I need in order to run this as smoothly as possible? The game is some years old now, I don't know if I would need a high end pc or just a "better than average" gaming pc.

A mid to high end PC will run this game fine. A graphics card with at least 1gb of vram id recommend for an ENB mod.

What are your pc specs and how does it run the game?

Intel i7 930 2.8Ghz

16GB DDR3 (4x4GB)

GeForce GTX 560Ti EX OC - 1GB

Windows 7 - 64bit

1TB HDD

The game runs perfectly smooth on full settings and with ENB series mods.

Another thing you might want to know is that the steam version is incompatible because it has automatic patches on games. So you'll need a disc version so you can patch it to v1.0.4.0 manually.

I'm really enjoying the story playing through this again with these new settings. It feels a bit like i'm playing a new game.

More screens:

banshee1.jpg

pic235.jpg

pic643.jpg

roof1.jpg

16GB DDR3 (4x4GB)

:blink: There was a time when a mainframe would be proud of having that much RAM.

But you need it because you edit videos?

Another thing you might want to know is that the steam version is incompatible because it has automatic patches on games. So you'll need a disc version so you can patch it to v1.0.4.0 manually.

roof1.jpg

Good to know, but I would prefer the disc version anyway.

Awesome screenshots, and I see you have a funny choice on this last pic. :lol: I had to look closely before I saw Ivan. :lol:

Edited by Demon
  • Like 4

16GB DDR3 (4x4GB)

:blink: There was a time when I mainframe would be proud of having that much RAM.

But you need it because you edit videos?

I use the ram for multiple programs, I have game engines, 3D software, 2d software and video editing software. And i have a lot of them open at the same time to speed up my workflow. But yeah 16GB is still a little overboard, but it's the most my motherboard can handle, so i thought i might as well invest...

• Like 1

Looks like I just need a new graphics card, then. If I can play this modded and on full graphics settings without melting my computer into the floor, I should be ready for Skyrim.

• Like 1