Jump to content

GTA V on PS4/Xb1 in

GTA Picture Thread


174 replies to this topic

#1 DuPz0r

    Beev Vercetti

  • Gold Member
  • 4,985 posts
3,162

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

Not anything exciting, but i thought I'd give some screenshots a go on full settings now i have my new card. The graphic settings are all on full, but the only thing letting it down is the low resolution,(1280x1024) wish i could have run it at 1080p (That's next on my shopping list!)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Next thing for me to do is mod GTA with that ENB graphics accelerator.

Post a picture from any GTA.

#2 Pieface

    Shoplifter

  • Gold Member
  • 132 posts
15

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

Super shiny face.

#3 TreeFitty

    Los Santos Fire Dept.

  • Admin
  • 4,925 posts
1,748

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

obviously it just rained

#4 Edgecrusher

    See No Evil

  • Gold Member
  • 421 posts
91

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:35 PM

View PostDuPz0r, on 29 April 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Awesome screen. Reminds me of the first time I played the mission where you had to chase the guy over the rooftops and then either pull him up or let him fall. The sky was that colour and the sun was going down between the skyskrapers in the distance, and I remember thinking it was fucking epic. :)

#5 DuPz0r

    Beev Vercetti

  • Gold Member
  • 4,985 posts
3,162

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:06 PM

View PostAkuma, on 29 April 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

View PostDuPz0r, on 29 April 2011 - 12:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Awesome screen. Reminds me of the first time I played the mission where you had to chase the guy over the rooftops and then either pull him up or let him fall. The sky was that colour and the sun was going down between the skyskrapers in the distance, and I remember thinking it was fucking epic. :)



oh yeah i remember that, the sky was the same for me too. Maybe the weather was pre-set to be like that for this mission.

Also, for that screenshot, i turned definition off. I think this looks good is some places, it makes it look a bit blurred but takes those harsh edges away.

#6 DuPz0r

    Beev Vercetti

  • Gold Member
  • 4,985 posts
3,162

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

I finally got round to modding GTAIV with the latest ENB mod called "ICEnHANCER". I haven't tweaked the config files much yet, but I will start messing around with it soon. I heard the mod really melts your GPU so I've been keeping an eye on my temps. I managed to play a mission with ENB on, which was fucking awesome i might add. And the temps didn't go above 60 Degrees Celsius, so I'm not too worried atm.

anyway, couple of pics :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is still loads of settings I have yet to play with, like FOV, light shafts, Lens flair etc. the grain and colour is a part of the post process filter from ICEnHANCER.

I'm so gonna play through the whole story with this on now!

#7 TreeFitty

    Los Santos Fire Dept.

  • Admin
  • 4,925 posts
1,748

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

second one is gorgeous

#8 Massacre

    Warlord of the Wastes

  • Moderators
  • 9,020 posts
6,113
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

View PostTreeFitty, on 07 July 2011 - 11:14 PM, said:

second one is gorgeous


#9 DuPz0r

    Beev Vercetti

  • Gold Member
  • 4,985 posts
3,162

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

Here's a couple more pics. I had a play around with some of the weather settings. I've seen some nice config settings online, I'm going to try and get some setting presets for amazing results.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Guest_Maaaarney1_*

  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:13 PM

You should send your best ones to R*, they recently posted these fan made PC screens. Plus I agree with TreeFitty that this one is gorgeous:
Posted Image

#11 DuPz0r

    Beev Vercetti

  • Gold Member
  • 4,985 posts
3,162

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

Thanks. Yeah this post processing filter is amazing. I can't help but stop and take screen grabs everywhere i go! Thunderstorms look epic with all the rain on the floor etc, but it's hard to capture on a screenshot, it just ends up looking weird.

I thought i'd do a comparison shot to show the difference.

Here is GTAIV on Max settings standard:
Posted Image
Posted Image
And again with the ICEnhancer mod.

Was waiting for a train on a mission and decided it would make a nice photo.
Posted Image

And a pic of the train:
Posted Image

#12 TreeFitty

    Los Santos Fire Dept.

  • Admin
  • 4,925 posts
1,748

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

Liking #2 again. It's like a photo from the 80s.

#13 ViceMan

    Decidedly average.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts
945

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

View PostDuPz0r, on 08 July 2011 - 11:09 AM, said:

Here's a couple more pics. I had a play around with some of the weather settings. I've seen some nice config settings online, I'm going to try and get some setting presets for amazing results.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image


Buh, i've lost the power of speech.

#14 Massacre

    Warlord of the Wastes

  • Moderators
  • 9,020 posts
6,113
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

View PostViceMan, on 08 July 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

Buh, i've lost the power of speech.

Posted Image
Especially this one:

Posted Image

I need to upgrade my computer. Immediately. That shit looks orgasmically realistic. I don't think I can play GTA IV on my 360 anymore.

#15 ViceMan

    Decidedly average.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts
945

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

^That^ one made me the most speechless, the headlights and the difference in the lighting quality overall, there's much more of a realistic contrast between light and dark. If i'd have been shown that without knowing it was from a mod i'd have said it was heavily photoshopped.

#16 Massacre

    Warlord of the Wastes

  • Moderators
  • 9,020 posts
6,113
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

The best part is that there doesn't appear to be any changes in textures or anything, just lighting. Meaning, if R* had put this much work into the lighting, GTA IV would've looked this good on its own. Of course, the PS3 and 360 couldn't handle it and it would have had to be PC exclusive, thus defeating the purpose, but still...

#17 DuPz0r

    Beev Vercetti

  • Gold Member
  • 4,985 posts
3,162

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

View PostMassacre, on 08 July 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

The best part is that there doesn't appears to be any changes in textures or anything, just lighting. Meaning, if R* had out this much work into the lighting, GTA IV would've looked this good on its own. Of course, the PS3 and 360 couldn't handle it and it would have had to be PC exclusive, thus defeating the purpose, but still...



you're right, There is no texture difference. The only changes are lighting/reflection/refraction and post production filters. Which can be GPU hungry, but it's worth it!

Also the Time cycle has been overhauled i think. They coded their own skylights and light effects for different times of the day and weather cycles.

It's not even a hard mod to install. You just drag - drop the files into the GTAIV route folder, and modify the config according to your setup, and you're ready to go.

Installing GTAIV and getting the v1.0.4.0 patch to work properly is a different matter!

#18 Massacre

    Warlord of the Wastes

  • Moderators
  • 9,020 posts
6,113
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, I'm going to have to look into this. I needed to upgrade my PC for Skyrim, anyway, might as well throw this into the mix, too.

#19 bOnEs

    the village idiot...

  • Moderators
  • 7,152 posts
4,673

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:34 PM

View PostMassacre, on 08 July 2011 - 07:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

thumbs up good sir, i haven't seen scruffy's mug in ages :D...

these do look pretty amazing dup... i can't believe this is the GTA i've been playing for 3 years now... it's amazing how much of a difference the lighting can make... and the color seems to have more contrast in it, compared the grayish tone of the original game... more color brings out these rich textures, similar to the way it brought out 1947 LA in noire...

#20 Post-traumatic amnesia

    Trickster

  • Gold Member
  • 254 posts
499
  • LocationTripoli bunker

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

View PostDuPz0r, on 08 July 2011 - 08:05 PM, said:

View PostMassacre, on 08 July 2011 - 08:00 PM, said:

The best part is that there doesn't appears to be any changes in textures or anything, just lighting. Meaning, if R* had out this much work into the lighting, GTA IV would've looked this good on its own. Of course, the PS3 and 360 couldn't handle it and it would have had to be PC exclusive, thus defeating the purpose, but still...



you're right, There is no texture difference. The only changes are lighting/reflection/refraction and post production filters. Which can be GPU hungry, but it's worth it!

Also the Time cycle has been overhauled i think. They coded their own skylights and light effects for different times of the day and weather cycles.

It's not even a hard mod to install. You just drag - drop the files into the GTAIV route folder, and modify the config according to your setup, and you're ready to go.

Installing GTAIV and getting the v1.0.4.0 patch to work properly is a different matter!

I had to pinch my arm because it looks better than reality!

If I had IV for pc, how would I acquire this mod?
What hardware would I need in order to run this as smoothly as possible? The game is some years old now, I don't know if I would need a high end pc or just a "better than average" gaming pc.

What are your pc specs and how does it run the game?





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users