Sign in to follow this  
Psy

LA Noire Fansite Event

Guest Marney1
  1. Did you see any characters with beards?
  2. Do vehicles handle differently in the wet?
  3. What vehicles can't you drive?
  4. Any motorbikes?
  5. Can you turn 'clue sounds/piano tinkle/rumble' off?
  6. Did you see any animals?
  7. What prevents you going beyond the map area - roadworks, invisible shield?
  8. Did you see any tits that didn't belong to a dead woman?
  9. How much is ravioli w/sauce?
  10. How old is Phelps?

1. Did you see any characters with beards? - Can't actually recall seeing anyone with a beard.
  2. Do vehicles handle differently in the wet? - Didn't play the game in the rain, but the vehicle physics appear less realistic than GTA. It's easier to turn, although that could be because the vehicles are slower than GTA as well. Their max speed is no more than around 90 MPH.
  3. What vehicles can't you drive? - Not sure. There's 96 vehicle "types" so I presume you can drive them all.
  4. Any motorbikes? - Didn't see any.
  5. Can you turn 'clue sounds/piano tinkle/rumble' off? - It's either "on" or "auto" which I presume helps you if you're stuck but not always.
  6. Did you see any animals? - Don't believe I did
  7. What prevents you going beyond the map area - roadworks, invisible shield? - I didn't go to the end of the map, but apparently there's a train parked across a road at one side of the map and at another end of the map the road just loops around back into the city.
  8. Did you see any tits that didn't belong to a dead woman? - Nope, just dead woman boobies and bush
  9. How much is ravioli w/sauce? - No idea
  10. How old is Phelps? - No idea but given his army experience I'd guess he's in his late 20's or early 30's.

There's 95 vehicle types. My mistake. I think there's 25 actual different vehicle categories too.

95?! wow, that's a pretty impressive number for a game that doesn't have cars as it's focal point... this is no GTA, yet R* still wants to deliver plenty of options as always...

1) how was the driving?? did it "feel" like GTA except with more weight?? i loved GTAIV's real-world physics and had a blast driving all sorts of vehicles around... will it feel like i was driving a cognoscenti minus the reckless killing??

2) how did the shootouts feel, did you have any of those?? was the cover system decent, did the guns feel responsive??

3) did the game get harder the more that you had to investigate and bounce around the map, losing leads and messing things up?? or did it just become longer and tedious instead?? i guess i was figuring that the more you took the hard route, the harder the game made the action...

i am jealous that you get to experience these things man... you're one of the few that get this kind of star treatment from the industry itself and i love that R* embraces the fanbase like they do... you represent a GTA fanbase, yet got VIP trips for RDR and LA noire as well... how cool is that??

1) how was the driving?? did it "feel" like GTA except with more weight?? i loved GTAIV's real-world physics and had a blast driving all sorts of vehicles around... will it feel like i was driving a cognoscenti minus the reckless killing?? - It felt closer to Vice City handling than GTA4. Like I say the vehicles are slower, so it makes them easier to throw around corners at speed without needing to slow down. You can still pull a handbrake 180 turn so the physics are still there, but to me the vehicles felt like GTA4 but just not as physics based.

2) how did the shootouts feel, did you have any of those?? was the cover system decent, did the guns feel responsive?? - Yeah I had a shootout on a few cases. The guns are similar to Red Dead Redemption. They did seem pretty powerful, but then again I was using a shotgun and tommy gun. You don't have auto aim though. The gun sort of slightly locks on if you aim towards an enemy, but it doesn't stay locked on if they move. You really need to manually aim. The cover system is the same as GTA4 and Red Dead pretty much although because most of the missions with gunfights are specifically scripted, a lot of the environment objects are destructable.

3) did the game get harder the more that you had to investigate and bounce around the map, losing leads and messing things up?? or did it just become longer and tedious instead?? i guess i was figuring that the more you took the hard route, the harder the game made the action... - I wouldn't say tedious. Each case takes around an hour to complete. I never though it was getting particularly hard, just time consuming but in a fun way. You could spend 2 hours searching for evidence on each case if you wanted.

i am jealous that you get to experience these things man... you're one of the few that get this kind of star treatment from the industry itself and i love that R* embraces the fanbase like they do... you represent a GTA fanbase, yet got VIP trips for RDR and LA noire as well... how cool is that?? - Yeah I'm lucky, but it's nice to see Rockstar giving something back for the years of dedication I've put into their games. They also believe that fansites generate more publicity for their games than any amount of online advertising, so they works out well for them too.

Tell me more about your free-roam experience. Is there more to do than say Mafia 2? If so, what did you do outside of missions?

There's not really an "outside of missions". Unlike GTA you move onto the next case as soon as you finish the previous one. The only time you can drive around and mess about is while you're actually on a case (but between questioning suspects for example). But you can do jumps in your car, or respond to street crimes which are mentioned on the radio by pressing X, where you then get an additional blip on the map and can go complete a side mission. You don't have weapons unless a mission/case needs them. For example a bank robbery case with a shootout. Othwerwise there's not actually a weapon you can pull out and shoot at random people. There are other side objectives which I presume count towards 100%.

You need to:

Get in / drive each of the 95 vehicles.

Complete all 40 street crimes.

Find something like 50 film reels

Discover something like 30 landmarks

View 13 newspapers

So they're all things that can be done as free roam alongside a case.

What's the situation with PC versions? There's no news about Read Dead Either. Not that I would usually give a shit about PC's but, my PS3 broke recently ...but I also have a solidly powerful PC now

Pretty sure Red Dead isn't coming to PC and neither will LA Noire from the sounds of it. I think piracy prevention is the main reason why they're sticking to consoles. The amount of support they need to give to the PC community who can't run the games is outweighed by the number of people who download it so I guess it's not feasible for them to waste the money on it.

How many different cases did you try out, and did they all seem unique? Also, is the weather system dynamic, or is it scripted for certain missions, same question for the day/night cycle too.

How many different cases did you try out, and did they all seem unique? Also, is the weather system dynamic, or is it scripted for certain missions, same question for the day/night cycle too.

I got about half way through the game onto case 10 (out of 21). A lot of them are unique. I'm not gonna post any spoilers but yeah pretty much each case was different although a few did revolve around solving women's murders which was pretty common in that time period. Must admit for the weather I can't remember seeing anything other than daytime and sunshine, but I did have a few drinks before I played it so I wasn't paying much attention to that sort of stuff.

Pretty sure Red Dead isn't coming to PC and neither will LA Noire from the sounds of it. I think piracy prevention is the main reason why they're sticking to consoles. The amount of support they need to give to the PC community who can't run the games is outweighed by the number of people who download it so I guess it's not feasible for them to waste the money on it.

That's what I thought, plus there was a huge bitchfest about the GTA IV PC version if I remember, about how badly optimised it was..the whole Rockstar Social Club + Windows Live nonsense....I think they've given up on the platform, for now. Abit of a shame

Yeah it sucks but at the same time you can see why. I mean it's possible they will bring it out on PC, but I'm sure they'd rather bring out new games than need to worry about patching PC versions of old games and patrolling the multiplayer for cheaters etc.

Are there many peds walking around, what is their dialogue like?

How different do two cars feel to drive, or is the handling very similar from car to car? Did you get to test out the collision damage?

Are there many peds walking around, what is their dialogue like? - Not really sure about dialogue, didn't pay much attention, but there are a fair few walking about. You couldn't drive along a sidewalk without potentially hitting one put it that way.

How different do two cars feel to drive, or is the handling very similar from car to car? Did you get to test out the collision damage? - You can tell some are faster or slower than others. Collision damage doesn't appear to be like GTA. All I noticed was lights being smashed and partially dinted. Don't think they completely collapse like they can in GTA4 but I could be wrong.

So what happens when you run someone over or (when you're able to) shoot someone, do you get a wanted level? Or do you have to arrest yourself?

More questions. Hmm, i can't help but ask things that are related to GTA when i know it clearly isn't like GTA.

Is there any radio stations to fit the time, or is there just a police radio in the cars?

Can you go back to Phelps house to change outfits and save or is it only at the police station?

Is there any interiors to look around in or is it all outside?