oh man, that season ender tho!!!!!! no need to post any spoilers, i'll let you guys have the honor :D... it was a great finale no doubt about it... it pretty much wrapped up lingering storylines and set the stage for the final two seasons to take the stage... i thought it was one of the best episodes for what it accomplished... maybe not the best one ever, but it certainly knew what it was doing...

also, is this not the coolest fucking person in GoT right now?? B)

screen%20shot%202016-06-20%20at%201.42.1

5btYjMA.jpg?1

• Like 2

I've started reading the books having seen none of the series (other than the meme-able shit)...  they are all probably dead by now but I hope Arya and Daenerys become lesbian lovers and use Tyrion as a strategist to overthrow all those fuckers and rule like bosses...

Other than those three, I also quite like Varys, the eunuch... I hope he stirs some shit up as the tale carries on.  Partway through book 2...

• Like 1

I'm super excited about this... every time I go to the hairdressers that's all we talk about, including her need to dump her current boyfriend because he doesn't watch it. 

Im also curious about the 5 spin off shows but I have a feeling they won't live up to the hype because most spin off shows aren't quite as good as the original. 

And NCIS is more successful than JAG. 

But Joey cane after Friends and it was trash... The Originals isn't as good as TVD...Angel wasn't as good as Buffy....

fingers crossed though 

• Like 1

A whole bunch of spin-offs doesn't bode well unless someone is masterminding the whole thing from a big picture perspective, a la Marvel Universe. If done properly, it could be a great way to see more characters and more locations that are woven into the books, but were left out of the main series. 

They easily could have taken their time with the mountains of source material in the first place, I've never understood why they didn't slow the pacing way the fuck down after the first season when fandom exploded. 2-3 seasons per novel instead of a single rushed one. 

18 hours ago, gtagrl said:

Compilation of every death on the show to date. 150,966 deaths in 21 minutes. Hats off to the SFX crew.

why do i feel like that number will double in the last two seasons?? :unsure:...

On 6/1/2017 at 11:41 AM, gtagrl said:

They easily could have taken their time with the mountains of source material in the first place, I've never understood why they didn't slow the pacing way the fuck down after the first season when fandom exploded. 2-3 seasons per novel instead of a single rushed one. 

to be fair, a TV audience can't handle that slow of a pace... it's what is doing the walking dead in with their fans... the longer you take, the more boring it gets... therefor, game of thrones is like fuck it, hit the gas pedal, and let's end this with a bang... whereas, walking dead is like, lets keep milking this slow story for what we can to let the comics stay ahead of us....

but sir GRR martin said fuck it, keep the pace up, hit the finish balls blazing... there's no stopping now... and this is where TWD fails to be as cool as GoT... they are slowing it down, to milk it... game of thrones is like, why stop now?!? lets finish this on a high note!!

and that's what makes game of thrones the best TV series i ever watched... sure there's a few slow points, but they want to keep you invested till the end... so many people i know already left walking dead... none of those people ever left game of thrones :shifty:....

On the other side of the coin, Fear the Walking Dead is actually better than TWD right now, because they don't have any source material to follow. They can maintain a GoT pace that lasts longer than the show they spun off from.

For context: I didn't mean they should slow down the pace of the show overall, what I'm saying is they skipped over entire story lines and omitted many characters from the books, and rushed their way past a lot of great writing. That's one reason why there's all this spin-off talk now, because they left so much out in the first place.