Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

I Am Alive

I-Am-Alive-Video-game-logo.jpg

I Am Alive is a logic survival game based in a post-disaster city, which has been torn apart by earthquakes. The sand below is dangerous and suffocating, so avoiding ground level and below is just one way people survive in this world. Elements within the game such as logic/problem solving it also a key to survival. For example: If you have five guys trying to loot you, and you have one bullet, you need to figure out how you'll get out of this mess. Climbing large set pieces, like that of Uncharted is also a large gameplay mechanic within 'I Am Alive'.

I first found the demo available on the PSN store the other day. I realised that after only playing for 15-20 minutes that i would really like this game. I completed the demo and then played it again on survival mode - which was even more fun! The main character carries a gun, but almost always has next to no ammo, if any. So any bullets you do find, are literally only used to get you out of life or death situations. Survival mode is made more difficult by allowing you less retries after dieing, meaniung you have to start from the start of the chapter.

Anyway, i bought the game the next day, and for £11.99 (£9.99 PS-Plus), this game is a bargain.

Enough of my experience, I'll let you judge this game for yourself.

Action Trailer:

Gamplay Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40EHOO-prrk

If i were to relate this game to any others, it would have to be a mix of: Silent Hill (navigation), Uncharted (climbing huge objects), Fallout (post apoc survival).

Although I haven't completed the game yet, I'm going to go ahead and rate it. I'm giving it a 8/10 purely based on gameplay. The graphics are a little out-dated, but nothing that will put you off playing. Some of the looters that attack can feel a bit repetitive in places, but overall the feel of the game is quite unique, and can't really be missed at such a low price.

Enjoy.

icon11.gif

I can imagine that the game isn't super long, but for the low price its justifiable. That and it will probably come out with expansion packs or some shit.

I started on survival difficulty, generally expecting the game to be short, survivor mode would hopefully extend my play time. I'm up to chapter 11 of the game (not sure how many chapters there are) and have clocked around 6 hours. I don't feel like I'm coming close to the end of the game, but I also don't think it's going to be that long of a game.

If you're expecting a long AAA survival game like fallout, this probably isn't the game for you. But if you want a cheap PSN/XBL title with an interesting twist on the post apocalyptic genre, with Silent Hill style isolation, then this game is worth your small change.

Yeah it's on xbox live too. Not sure about steam though, but there's a chance it's available for PC, it's in the unreal engine.

I just got hold of the crossbow, which is so bloody handy, but you gotta look after the one and only bolt you get with it, make sure you retrieve it every kill!

I played the demo and bought the game straight away. It's a great game - I just used the bow to clear out the ship. I'm disappointed the combat sequences aren't a little more varied, and the climbing mechanics are obviously taken from Assassin's Creed, but aren't so well polished. I'm also bored of the sequences where you have to run in the dust storms. But out of what I've got out of the game already, I'd say it's well worth the 1200 MSP. I have no idea how far I am through the game though.

I played the demo and found it enjoyable. I thought there were a couple of nice touches in there, most notably the tactical approach to combat and I also liked that climbing uses stamina, this helped to create some tense moments during the demo.

I got past the fairground bit last night, turns out it's the end of the game. Nice to have a final mission that requires a bit of thought to get through. My final stats said it took 4.5 hours but I played on standard difficulty and I only saved 12/20 people.

Finished the game with like 7 retries so I doubt Survivor would be a problem.

I gave this game another chance recently and at first I thought the game sucked... But now I'm excited about going back to play it... Ivd just gotten the supplies on top of the crate..

I've had quite a few retries to be honest, but I've been playing it really casually here and there when I have time. I'm at the fairground now. I really enjoyed the high-rise part of the game, and I'm sure I'll play through on normal afterwards to try and save all the survivors.