Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

exploiting an always present opportunity i see... i only exploited the free arrows glitch in skyrim, you can't help but grab the ones they shoot at the targets... they disappear anyways, so put some good arrows on the archers... are you an archer?

Yeah that's what I do when i'm playing as a thief, (which I am doing now.) Don't neglect the melee perks, otherwise you'll get owned by hordes of bandit marauders jumping on you. I found a sword with a paralysis enchantment on it which i've never bothered using before, it's actually pretty handy when your enemy goes stiff and falls to the floor in front of you... if you know what I mean.

Condensed:

-Entered Thalmor Embassy

-Realized had no weapons

-Acquired weapons in a dramatic fashion

-Proceeded to fuck shit up

Full:

I was in a bit of a predicament in the Thalmor Embassy in the main quest because I gave my bow to the elf to smuggle in, but left my arrows and other weapons with Delphine. FUCK! But I had not yet been discovered, so there was still hope. I managed to get by the guards and retrieve the dragon paperwork unnoticed. But then came the task of obtaining the trap door key to make my escape. My destruction (and magic all around) leveling had pretty much been non existent, so just a man and his bow...with no arrows..and minimal pickpocketing skills. So I'm fumbling around, trying to find some sort of weapon i could use to deal more damage than my fists when BOOM, there lies a single steel arrow at my feet in one of the side rooms in the main foyer, *SAVES GAME* after being a noob and accidentally deleting old files before starting this quest. :rolleyes:

After making my way up the stairs into the room overlooking the torture chamber, i noticed a lone guard standing there just waiting for my only arrow. After realizing that this is my best shot at survival, i drew back, removed the sweat from my brow, and released. Sneaking critical hit to the head, setting him ablaze, but not expiring his soon to be ended life. I then proceeded to finish him off with an Ice Form shout and a few bare knuckle shots to his frozen body. After looting a steel war axe, mace, and the trap door key, I jumped down, freed the prisoner, and made my way back through the embassy eliminating all the guards in celebration.

Not much compared to the other events/ramblings in this thread, but its been one of the most amusing experiences thus far for me.

I gave my bow to the elf to smuggle in, but left my arrows and other weapons with Delphine. FUCK!

*lols* NOOB!

Why didn't you take a dagger or something as well? Steel arrows won't do shit to a Thalmor.

Because I'm still a NOOB! But if I had taken a dagger, that wouldn't have provided near as much of an enjoyable, "edge of my seat" experience. I had it in my head that I was just going to have to start a new file, or go back however many hours I had put in since my last save, which was probably a dozen Frostfalls ago. So after I made it out, big sigh of relief.

So I'm saving ALOT more now, and paying more attention to detail, especially when it comes to exchanging equipment with others.

icon11.gif

Not much compared to the other events/ramblings in this thread, but its been one of the most amusing experiences thus far for me.

IDK, I thought it was a pretty epic story

Because I'm still a NOOB! But if I had taken a dagger, that wouldn't have provided near as much of an enjoyable, "edge of my seat" experience. I had it in my head that I was just going to have to start a new file, or go back however many hours I had put in since my last save, which was probably a dozen Frostfalls ago. So after I made it out, big sigh of relief.

So I'm saving ALOT more now, and paying more attention to detail, especially when it comes to exchanging equipment with others.

Actually you reminded me of a similar experience I had when I was doing that mission on my first playthrough. Thinking i'd need my armour in the Embassy I gave it to the guy, which of course removed it from my person, so I had to run out of Solitude and down the hill to the Delphine in my loincloth. :D

• Like 1

Yeah he will be with you for that part of the mission, along with the prisoner. Both of them can die without any consequences; in my first game they got killed by the Troll on the way out. If they live the prisoner will go to the Thieves Guild and the elf will go somewhere else, I can't quite remember where though.

Ah,Windhelm, and he does have a quest.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Find_the_Thalmor_Assassin

Yeah he will be with you for that part of the mission, along with the prisoner. Both of them can die without any consequences; in my first game they got killed by the Troll on the way out. If they live the prisoner will go to the Thieves Guild and the elf will go somewhere else, I can't quite remember where though.

Ah,Windhelm, and he does have a quest.

http://elderscrolls....halmor_Assassin

Ahh, well sorry little elf man, your life along with your future plans are no more. But I did meet up with the prisoner in The Warrens in Riften.

icon11.gif

So playing the thieves guild missions as an actual sneaking thief instead of a 2 handed nord barbarian feels so much more right.

Just like the College quests felt better with my Mage character.

I regret doing the college, dark brotherhood, and thieves quests all with my first character. So much for role playing.

I just didnt think I would make more than one character at the time lol.

O well, next one I will know better.

Ill probably make a new character to play the dark brotherhood again.

With my thief I cheated and used console commands to get dragonrend. i mean ffs, I dont want to do the main quest again. Did it twice already. And I plan on going it again so i can do the blades quest line and actually kill Paarthurnax

Yeah in my first playthrough I did a bit of everything; thief, mage, companions, DB... and it didn't feel right. He wasn't honed enough. I've never actually bothered doing the main storyline in most of my playthroughs, I only completed it in my first game and as my Nord tank.

That was before I had the YLoD problem and lost all my data, since then I haven't been playing Skyrim as much. But i've exhausted my Altmer mage character and i'm getting to that point in my Khajiit thief game. I want to try something different next, I haven't played as an Orc, a Redguard, a Wood Elf, a Breton or an Argonian yet. I might try a Orc or Redguard as they are primarily melee based.

yea the college quests felt out of place for my breton warrior... i used very little magic and it didn't feel like a fit... so i never did the thieves guild or the dark brotherhood because those didn't feel like noble heroic quest lines anyways... i smartly saved those for my sneak thief assassin character...

My buddy lent me his heat gun, and i reflowed my old PS3. Now i have two... :v

More importantly, i have now recovered my 100+ hour Skyrim (and Fallout NV) save files! Just in time to get back into it before dawnguard.

Finally downloaded Dawnguard, booted Skyrim up, and lo and behold, everyone wearing Dawnguard armor was a big red error icon. FUCK.

*Searches Skyrim Nexus for a fix*

Edit: No fix yet.

*Reluctantly re-downloads*

Re-edit: Sorted, didn't need to re-download.

icon11.gif

yah got some shit with fallout with a freeze glitch.

fixed it with some command script editing in the .ini files.

anyway, while googling that i seen some results from google with dawn guard glitches.

felt pretty good that i was solving a few year old problem rather than a new dlc problem.

Ps: even tho modding is legit, feel good that console releases are less buggy

I was such a noob and at a low level, I left every single thing of mine out of the embassy, had nothing. Had to steal the guards weapons and armor. I eventually completed the quest though.

Dawnguard is good times so far. Playing through with my vampire-hunting, archer/werewolf/wood elf first. The crossbow was fun for a while, but the reload time is starting to annoy me, think I'm going to switch back to my bow soon.

Also, I can't seem to get my hands full set of Dawnguard armor. I've found gloves, boots, and a helmet (I don't even fucking wear helmets), but not the proper armor. Meanwhile, I have a dozen sets of sweet-ass vampire threads that my current character will never wear. <_<