Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

ahh, there's the hardcore mode, but it's a fucking mod :angry:... you and your damn mods... although, i am sure ex-fanboy would like to know about that since he's playing on a PC...

me thinks we're gonna hear about DLC soon... bethesda registered the name "redguard" last week i believe... sounds like we might be venturing to the island of redguard... well, maybe not an island, but i do hope it's a shivering isles-like expansion... while i never visited that place when i had oblivion, i always heard about how expansive the world inside the mysterious door was...

wow, never fought a dragon inside the city limits before, at least not in fucking markarth!! easy peasy though, too many high places to launch arrows at the blood dragon... when he landed after taking a lot of damage, the city guards helped me finished him off...

^ via imagic v2.1 :drool::fap:

post-24-26291_thumb.jpg

finished the thieves guild questline... i like how they have randomly-generated quests to keep me occupied with being a thief... but i am now quested with doing some shit in windhelm, which is where i believe the dark brotherhood stuff starts out at... so soon enough, i am gonna be part of that order... and i am already turning into a world-class assassin, i just haven't had the opportunity yet to put those skills to good use... there wasn't a lot of killing being a thief...

but holy shit am i deadly with the dagger... i can sneak kill just about anything at the moment, and i am getting better and better with the bow... all i got left is to put a couple more perks into block and i should be finished with her base skills... i am also playing this game a lot faster than my first game... i am already level 35, but only 60 hours into the game... if i recall, i was near 150 hours when i reached the same plateau the first time...

You can sneak kill anything after a while, it gets boring. You can easily walk around in front of some enemies and they can't even see you.

Who do you bother using block? Even in my current playthrough as a female Imperial I don't bother using it that often, and she's carrying a shield. I tried to use it to level it but i'm always attacking anyway, block is pointless when you've already killed your enemy.

ehh, when a heated battle breaks out, and i am forced to use something other than a dagger or bow... blocking is quite effective, and once i buy the next two perks (arrows have no effect and blocking a percentage of spells) i will have no excuses in a battle no more... it's still a challenge when a battle breaks out for me because my skills are still more catered to being a sneaky assassin... but it's nice to be capable of fighting a deathlord sword to sword when sneaking isn't an option... and the shield helps tremendously in that regard, it even helps out when fighting dragons... and the shield bash staggers the enemy too, it's like using the basic version of unrelenting force :D...

A power attack staggers the enemy, assuming you're a non-magic thief like I played as you'll be pouring all of your skill points into health and stamina, and with the perks that half the stamina cost for power attacks you should be able to easily spam them with those until they die with plenty of stamina to spare. I dual wielded with my thief, sword in left hand and dagger in the right for the stealth kills.

In this playthrough I am trying to force myself to use block, but it just seems so pointless to me.

i used dual-weilding for my last character, i didn't want to do the same thing again so i forced myself to use block... it's a challenge considering that you can't just swing freely like you can when dual-weilding, you actually have to time your attacks... i like the change of pace though, it's made this play-through feel fresh...

i haven't spent many perks on one-handed yet either considering that being an assassin means there are more important perks to get at the moment... but those are almost all accounted for so soon i will be unlocking a few block and one-handed perks in the next few levels... i've mainly just upgraded my one-handed attack damage instead of unlocking stuff from the perk tree... don't worry, that's coming...

I think I used most of my perks in one handed early on with my thief, once I had that taken care of I went for the sneaking and pickpocketing ones. Lockpicking ones I can do without as i've pretty much mastered the technique now and have 300+ lockpicks. (I gave the skeleton key back already.)

yea, i just gave the key back... the first couple of lockpick perks are nice to have, but there's no point in unlocking anymore past that... i made the mistake of using my early perks on sneak and archery... i should of started out working on my one-handed skills... so, i am joining that party kinda late... but i am getting there, i got no complaints about this character build as it's rounding out nicely :D..

ahh, there's the hardcore mode, but it's a fucking mod :angry:... you and your damn mods... although, i am sure ex-fanboy would like to know about that since he's playing on a PC...

me thinks we're gonna hear about DLC soon... bethesda registered the name "redguard" last week i believe... sounds like we might be venturing to the island of redguard... well, maybe not an island, but i do hope it's a shivering isles-like expansion... while i never visited that place when i had oblivion, i always heard about how expansive the world inside the mysterious door was...

Nah, I have my PC but I got it after Skyrim....... Really thinking about downloading the PC version though....

wow, i forgot i had a new weapon last night... i ran into an enemy with some fight in him and when i swung my new glass war axe, he dropped to ground immediately... i have my assassin's ultimate weapon, one that deals in paralyzing opponents... a couple hits and they drop like a sack of potatoes... all my troubles are over now... fuck putting more perks into one-handed and block, this weapon will solve all those problems :D... i wonder if it works on dragons and deathlords :ermm: ...

i am actually avoiding the heavy armor smithing perks, they're a waste of a perk for my light armored assassin... yea i know ebony and daedric weapons are the best weapons, but i don't feel like taking 3 or 4 useless perks just to get to them... i should be just fine with my glass weapons for this character... i took the dwarven heavy armor perk because i have tons of dwemer metals for improving my smithing skills...

paralyze works on all opponents i assume, so i think i have the ultimate weapon right now for non-sneaking situations...

I only took the perks for the weapons, I used the Thieves Guild armour through the majority of that play and then went onto the Nightingale armour.

I'm not sure about paralyze, doesn't it work by levels? So if you have a higher enchanting skill higher level opponents can be paralyzed. I never use enchanted weapons, seemed a bit pointless when most times it kills in one hit anyway.

i love enchanting... i am actually rocking the nightingale armor right now, but i have the nightingale bow, and of course the paralyzing war axe... i was always planning on using glass weapons so that's why i took those perks... i also carry a soul stealing dagger which i have yet to use...

and like i've said numerous times, i can't one-hit kill those leveled enemies who are already engaged with me... seriously, you don't have a backup plan when sneaking isn't an option?? it seems like all you've mentioned is one-hit sneak kills... i can't recall how many times i enter a room full of enemies and get spotted after taking one of them out... i simply can't sneak my way through this game, there's still plenty of confrontations...

I can take down two to three Draugr Deathlords by spamming power attacks with my ebony dagger/sword combo. First one is always a sneak kill, then if they spot me I just rush in and start swinging. Most of the time though they don't even see you take the first one out so you can back away and start stalking the next one. I rarely use the bow in those circumstances but do sometimes to soften them up. (Not really worth it though as you only get 3x sneak damage as opposed to the 30x with the dagger and DB gloves.)

i should be getting my hands on the DB outfit soon... but the full set doesn't give you the 25% armor bonus when wearing the matching set, so i am not so sure i am gonna choose it over the nightingale outfit...

i can see the esthetics of the switch... i am anal about presentation too when it comes to the character i can portray... the nightingale armor has patterns that resemble daedric and ebony patterns... probably more so daedric since nocturnal is daedric... but the ebony stuff resembles daedric too... i know what you're talking about though, i don't know how the DB gaunlets fit in that picture but i imagine that the abilities far out weigh the esthetics of matching armor ;)...

The red on them annoys me, but I make do for the 30x sneak damage. I just wish the Nightingale hood had a better enchantment, as a non-magic thief it's rather pointless.