Sign in to follow this  
TreeFitty

Will GTA V have PS3 exclusive content?

GTA IV had Episodes from Liberty City which was "exclusive" to the Xbox for a time. Red Dead Redemption got PS3 Exclusives (yet to be on Xbox as of this posting) and now L.A. Noire has PS3 Exclusives without any Xbox content in sight. Info on Max Payne 3 is scarce but it could possibly have PS3 exclusives too at this point. Rockstar had said they would be nicer to PS3 owners in 2010 but now it seems they are continuing into 2011.

So this had me wondering: Will GTA V have exclusive PS3 content?

Personally I doubt Rockstar would do it. With such a large fanbase for the GTA series, I think the backlash would be more than Rockstar is willing to risk in the long run. EFLC of course had backlash but they released it for everyone later to quell the fans. A permanent exclusive would probably kill a large part of Rockstar's fanbase. Likewise if they continue to give PS3 exclusives for other games, I wouldn't be surprised if the same result happens.

What do you think?

Guest Marney1

I reckon (hope) both platforms will get the same treatment this time, including any DLC being released together that might come in the future. I think that would be the correct and fair move for R* to do with a game as big as GTA5.

• Like 1

if anything, it would probably be an exclusive mission, or stranger mission... i don't think they'd get much of a backlash if they just gave PS3 players simple things like they did with RDR and what they plan to do with LA noire...

i highly doubt they'd do an entire episode as an exclusive anymore...

Were any of the 360 players that distraught about not getting the Solomon's Folly hideout and Walton's gang outfit in RDR?

Nope. I have a face in real life, I don't need one on the internet.

You have hundreds of faces don't you? I saw that embroidered quilt on your bed.

Yeah, but I only wear like, three of them. There's my original, regular face (what's left of it), the goth guy's face (the one that had the skull tattooed over his whole face), and that geisha. I'm sporting geisha at the moment, really has a nice contrast with my black bathrobe.

• Like 1

Were any of the 360 players that distraught about not getting the Solomon's Folly hideout and Walton's gang outfit in RDR?

i doubt it... while at first i thought the walton gang outfit looked cool, it just didn't fit john or jack's personality... it made them look weird...

while solomon's folly was exploited online for fast level gaining, it wasn't nearly the cheat people thought it was... you could do that at just about any gang hideout... the single player version however, could be exploited heavily for money if you already have the solomon's gang outfit, as i indicated in the guide i wrote up :D...

so i don't think anyone really cared about missing out on a few extra goodies... completionists and fanboys will argue but, most don't really care... i think the same could be said for the LA noire exclusive content...

R* has always been loyal to sony... they only released the episodes for the xbox exclusively because microsoft paid for it... sony has always been R*'s favorite company to work on because they value and respect sony's business model... sony reaches out to developers and works with them... miscosoft just buys loyalty... so it makes perfect sense that R* games are constantly rewarding sony fans because they were kind of always a sony company anyways... they just saw the big picture and realized that multiplatform was the best decision from a business perspective...

if they didn't see it that way, i guarantee R* would still be an exclusive developer for sony...

• Like 1

sony has always been R*'s favorite company to work on because they value and respect sony's business model... sony reaches out to developers and works with them... miscosoft just buys loyalty...

Now you've done it, unleash the fanboys!! :roll:

it's true, not sure why there would be any backlash... microsoft fanboys know how their company operates... unless they are blind loyal followers who don't read any news story pertaining to their 1st party developers... ohh wait, i don't think they have any 1st party developers anymore :(... ohh that's right, they have rare, who makes kinect games...

@QD Yeah that's true, but don't you think Sony will have learnt from that and except any offers R* throw at them. Wasn't there a rumour that Rockstar Games offered Sony a DLC deal before MS, just when GTAIV was announced as a non exclusive title to Sony.

And Sony refused it. might have just been rumours.

Guest Marney1

Would it piss 360 owners off if the whole game was a PS3 exclusive? *Runs away*

Guest Marney1

Well R* haven't said it won't be a PS3 exclusive. *Sprints like fuck*

Guest Marney1

The wife wants Kinect so it looks like I'll have an Xbox360 soon which means I couldn't really give a fuck if it was exclusive on either. I bought my PS3 solely to play GTA IV and if I had to, I'd buy whatever machine it was exclusive to, not that it will be for just one platform.

• Like 1

Ask her exactly why she wants Kinect, then post it here (or anywhere) so I can give you the perfect thing to say to her to explain why Kinect sucks and is a huge waste of money, especially if you don't already have a 360.

...I bought my PS3 solely to play GTA IV...

this is the exact same reason that brought me to the next gen... R* FTW!!

and i've always been a playstation console owner so i continued my partnership into the next gen... it's nothing against xbox, i've just been happy with the content sony provides to make them my primary system of choice...

you know (i know you all know), LA noire used to be a sony exclusive... until team bondi burned thru a ton of money developing the tech, then realized that multiplat was the only profitable avenue... and i am sure it will be a profitable avenue for both bondi and R*... didn't sony put some money up front for development too?? i think that's also another probability as to why R* has been rewarding playstation owners lately... a bit of a payback for the patience they've invested into the project...