Sign in to follow this  
Ostrich Boy

GTA 5 Wii U?

Massecure-

"Also, for someone who calls the 360 and PS3 users graphics whores, it's ironic you used the Wii U's graphics in your example. Only a graphics whore is going to buy a Wii U for that "upgrade." No one with a 360 or PS3 is going to buy a Wii U to play GTA on."

I don't get it. :huh: If PS3 & 360 users are graphics whores, then wouldn't they buy a Wii U because there graphics whores? :huh:

Massecure-

"Also, for someone who calls the 360 and PS3 users graphics whores, it's ironic you used the Wii U's graphics in your example. Only a graphics whore is going to buy a Wii U for that "upgrade." No one with a 360 or PS3 is going to buy a Wii U to play GTA on."

I don't get it. :huh: If PS3 & 360 users are graphics whores, then wouldn't they buy a Wii U because the're graphics whores? :huh:

Massecure-

I don't get it. :huh: If PS3 & 360 users are graphics whores, then wouldn't they buy a Wii U because there graphics whores? :huh:

Massecure-

I don't get it. :huh: If PS3 & 360 users are graphics whores, then wouldn't they buy a Wii U because the're graphics whores? :huh:

Because hopefully a new console will have better graphics than a 7 year old console.

I never called PS3 and 360 users graphics whores, he did. I said that no one with a 360 or PS3 is going to buy a Wii U to play GTA on, and anyone who buys a Wii U for a slight graphics upgrade is a graphics whore.

Yes, it will. Ps3 and Xbox owners who don't want to wait for the next playstation/Microsoft console (which nothing has been confirmed for), but still want to upgrade to be on top of technology for the next couple of years, will buy a wii u, and if the wii u version of gta v is as good or better than the ps3/360 versions, many wii u owners who also own sony/Microsoft consoles will most likely buy the wii u version.

It just seems that you're speaking of a very small minority here, and not the general public. I would find it difficult to make a statement like this, seeing as how no one knows how successful the Wii U will be.

^ @Marcus--- that made no sense whatsoever.

Plus, nobody's opinion around here is going to be swayed so you can persue the idea that these arguments will eventually give you the favorable outcome, but realistically, I don't see it happening.

Ahem, to the guy who said that "No one" is going to buy a wii u to play GTA on when they already have a ps3/xbox 360. We all know that the realistic a game is, the better it will be. I'm not saying that we all would prefere better graphics, I'm just saying that we KNOW it will be a better experience. My point is, I will most likely buy a Wii U and GTA 5 (if they make one for it). I will also buy GTA 5 for my ps3, but if there will be a better, more realistic version of the game for another console (in this case the Wii U) I will buy it even though I own a PS3 simply because I like realistic-looking games. Call me a graphics whore, but I'm sure EVERYONE would prefere to buy a 1080 resolution game rather than an 8 bit game, so that makes us all graphics whores.

Ahem, to the guy who said that "No one" is going to buy a wii u to play GTA on when they already have a ps3/xbox 360. We all know that the realistic a game is, the better it will be. I'm not saying that we all would prefere better graphics, I'm just saying that we KNOW it will be a better experience. My point is, I will most likely buy a Wii U and GTA 5 (if they make one for it). I will also buy GTA 5 for my ps3, but if there will be a better, more realistic version of the game for another console (in this case the Wii U) I will buy it even though I own a PS3 simply because I like realistic-looking games. Call me a graphics whore, but I'm sure EVERYONE would prefere to buy a 1080 resolution game rather than an 8 bit game, so that makes us all graphics whores.

Well they're not going to make a better version for Wii U, it will just be a port from the Xbox or PS3. Okay, graphics whore. Even though GTA V won't be full 1080p on the Xbox or Ps3, it won't be a fucking "8 bit game" so that point is completely worthless.

And also, you only have 1 post, that happens to agree with the minority in this topic. I wonder...

Well they're not going to make a better version for Wii U, it will just be a port from the Xbox or PS3. Okay, graphics whore. Even though GTA V won't be full 1080p on the Xbox or Ps3, it won't be a fucking "8 bit game" so that point is completely worthless.

And also, you only have 1 post, that happens to agree with the minority in this topic. I wonder...

And no, I didn't create a second account. And I'm sure he didn't mean 8bit literally. It's a freaking exaggeration. Of course gta v isn't going to be fucking 8 bit. That's something so obvious that I'm not sure why you even felt the need to point that out

I just wanted to say a few things before I forget about this topic and never return to it:

1) You have no idea what the Wii U can do. You can read all the specs you want but that doesn't change anything. The fact that you seem to think there is a technological advantage to "upgrading" to the Wii U is depressing. If anything the Wii U will finally catch up to the graphical standrads set by Sony and Xbox years ago.

2) GTA 5 will be the exact same game on every console. There is no way possible that they would even consider starting the project for the Wii U and then downgrading it for PS3/Xbox 360 users. Wouldn't happen ever. Either way if it runs at 720p on the Xbox/PS3 it will run 720p on the Wii U or less. Not more.

3) I highly doubt anyone would buy a new console over simply buying the game alone. "Oh but they can put the HUD on the touch screen". Yes. Please tell me what a HUD stands for. Oh yes. Heads Up Display. Having the HUD on the touch screen is a terrible idea. The whole point of it is so that you don't need to pause the game, or look around to see where you are on your map, how much health you have, and what weapons you are carrying. I know that the touch screen can be used for other purposes, but even so once again I highly doubt anyone with half a brain will be buying a Wii U simply for an extra feature that the other versions wouldn't have.

4) Multiplayer: Nintendo doesn't have it. They will need to set up an effective multiplayer system for the release, or cut it out of the Nintendo version of GTA 5 completely. I'm not sure if you have used multiplayer on the Wii often or ever, but in case you haven't it was hacked. A LOT. Sometimes to the point where the games were unplayable. Multiplayer is what will keep the replay value of GTA 5 going, and if the Wii U can't handle it.. well I think you get the picture.

and finally:

5) If you look at the global total for Bully the game sold less than 500 000 copies for Wii. Meanwhile Bully on Xbox 360 and PS3 both sold just shy of 1 million units each. http://www.vgchartz....edb/?name=bully So there's that too.

Sorry man. I know you seem to think it would be worthwhile. I unfortunately will have to disagree with you. It just seems like a waste of time to build their game on a console that hasn't even been released, or been tested by the press. Maybe down the line if Nintendo can prove the Wii U is worth more than the cardboard box they ship it in then Nintendo might get some AAA games. Until then I'll be using my PS3.

• Like 5

^ as for multiplayer, Nintendo is completely revamping online multiplayer and finally getting rid of those horrid friend codes

Just a friendly tip. I know it's way off topic. but if you use the Quote button you don't have to use ^

^ as for multiplayer, Nintendo is completely revamping online multiplayer and finally getting rid of those horrid friend codes

Just a friendly tip. I know it's way off topic. but if you use the Quote button you don't have to use ^

I know, but I just wanted a short part of the quote, and it wasn't worth deleting most of the quote, especially since I'm doing this from my iPhone.

And no, I didn't create a second account. And I'm sure he didn't mean 8bit literally. It's a freaking exaggeration. Of course gta v isn't going to be fucking 8 bit. That's something so obvious that I'm not sure why you even felt the need to point that out

Yes, I was exaggerating just to make my point more clear. I sense some jealousy, but okay..call me a graphics whore, maybe that should be my new title or username and what does it matter if I only have one post? how do you know that I haven't been here reading all the posts since the thread was created? wow c'mon post whore.

Post whore... Really? I was just saying it's suspicious how you only had one post, and it happened to agree with the minority being destroyed on this topic. If you don't see how that is suspicious, you must be inbred.

"and it happened to agree with the minority being destroyed on this topic."

Really? Destroyed? Grow up. Why do you feel the need to try to "destroy" a members opinion. Constantly attacking someone who doesn't agree with you doesn't make you right. That makes you a dick. So stop bein a dick.

You guys really need to smoke some weed or some shit and letigo.

Really? Destroyed? Grow up. Why do you feel the need to try to "destroy" a members opinion. Constantly attacking someone who doesn't agree with you doesn't make you right. That makes you a dick. So stop bein a dick.

I don't, it just happens when I post a point. And I don't constantly attack, I just evaluate other peoples points and say what I think about them. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't, it just happens when I post a point. And I don't constantly attack, I just evaluate other peoples points and say what I think about them. Nothing wrong with that.

Just because you pour maple syrup on a piece of shit, doesn't mean its pancakes...

Sign in to follow this