231 replies to this topic

#141 Rayge

'English motherfucker, do you speak it?'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostOstrich Boy, on 11 April 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

Anyway....back on topic. The the original wii got bully. Nuff said.

Excellent that you brought that up, it helps me to illustrate my points.

No one bought a Wii just to play Bully. No one. If they did, they "must be inbred". So what makes you and others think that GTA V on the Wii U will make PS3 and 360 owners buy a Wii U to play a game they can already play on their current consoles?

#142 Ostrich Boy

Outlaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

View PostMarcus, on 11 April 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

No one bought a Wii just to play Bully. No one. If they did, they "must be inbred". So what makes you and others think that GTA V on the Wii U will make PS3 and 360 owners buy a Wii U to play a game they can already play on their current consoles?

No, but it proves that R* is willing to release a current gen game on a next gen console. I never said that anyone bought a wii for bully.

#143 Rayge

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostOstrich Boy, on 11 April 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

View PostMarcus, on 11 April 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

No, but it proves that R* is willing to release a current gen game on a next gen console. I never said that anyone bought a wii for bully.

But your whole point over the pages was that the Wii-U will attract GTA V players, when it won't.

#144 Ostrich Boy

Outlaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yes, it will. Ps3 and Xbox owners who don't want to wait for the next playstation/Microsoft console (which nothing has been confirmed for), but still want to upgrade to be on top of technology for the next couple of years, will buy a wii u, and if the wii u version of gta v is as good or better than the ps3/360 versions, many wii u owners who also own sony/Microsoft consoles will most likely buy the wii u version.

#145 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,701 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

In order for the Wii U version to be better, R* would have to be developing the game primarily on the Wii U and port it to 360/PS3, which is not the case.

#146 Shogun

My Dream Girl Don't Exist

• Gold Member
  • 1,857 posts
  • LocationOn Avery Island

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

View PostOstrich Boy, on 01 April 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Actually, the dev kits for the wii u are still not at full capacity, they've only released v5

How low tech do you think dev kits are exactly? Dev Kits are sometimes better than the fucking consoles themselves.

XNA kits and Jasper revision Xbox 360 dev kits have more ram.

The Dolphin was the first Dev kit release of gamecube, and the final specs weren't much better.

The Xbox Alpha tower (First release of xbox dev kit) had the same specs as original xbox P3 but with 256mb ram. There was then an Alpha II that had more ram.

Please do not post about things you are not knowledgeable about.

#147 Ostrich Boy

Outlaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

View PostCyantist, on 11 April 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

View PostOstrich Boy, on 01 April 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Actually, the dev kits for the wii u are still not at full capacity, they've only released v5

How low tech do you think dev kits are exactly? Dev Kits are sometimes better than the fucking consoles themselves.

XNA kits and Jasper revision Xbox 360 dev kits have more ram.

The Dolphin was the first Dev kit release of gamecube, and the final specs weren't much better.

The Xbox Alpha tower (First release of xbox dev kit) had the same specs as original xbox P3 but with 256mb ram. There was then an Alpha II that had more ram.

Please do not post about things you are not knowledgeable about.

Well, thank you for clarifying, but I have a lot more knowledge of the wii u than most of everyone else in here. They all thought it was a f*cking handheld!

View PostMassacre, on 11 April 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

In order for the Wii U version to be better, R* would have to be developing the game primarily on the Wii U and port it to 360/PS3, which is not the case.

Not necessarily. The wii u is supposed to stream constant 1080p HD graphics. Right now, most games on the ps3 run at 720p, and I have enough hands on experience to know that it is not that difficult to upres graphics from 720p to full time 1080p. Also, the extra screen could harbor some cool features that wouldn't be included on the other versions.

#148 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,701 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

View PostOstrich Boy, on 11 April 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Well, thank you for clarifying, but I have a lot more knowledge of the wii u than most of everyone else in here. They all thought it was a f*cking handheld!

That was just Marney. Also, you can say fuck. Just say it.

Not necessarily. The wii u is supposed to stream constant 1080p HD graphics. Right now, most games on the ps3 run at 720p, and I have enough hands on experience to know that it is not that difficult to upres graphics from 720p to full time 1080p. Also, the extra screen could harbor some cool features that wouldn't be included on the other versions.

If it were just a port and not developed primarily for the Wii U, more than likely the extra screen would go unused, because Rockstar wouldn't just throw in something simple; they would have to do a shit ton of work to put in interesting features, more work than they would be willing to put in for something that probably wouldn't sell all that well. I doubt a Wii U version of GTA V would have much more in the way of touch screen functionality than Chinatown Wars did, and probably wouldn't sell much better, either.

Also, for someone who calls the 360 and PS3 users graphics whores, it's ironic you used the Wii U's graphics in your example. Only a graphics whore is going to buy a Wii U for that "upgrade." No one with a 360 or PS3 is going to buy a Wii U to play GTA on.

#149 ConQueSteD

Big ol' American titties

• Gold Member
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

.... and I have enough hands on experience to know that it is not that difficult to upres graphics from 720p to full time 1080p.

you can up the resolution all you want it still won't be true 1080p.

#150 Ostrich Boy

Outlaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostConQueSteD, on 11 April 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

.... and I have enough hands on experience to know that it is not that difficult to upres graphics from 720p to full time 1080p.

you can up the resolution all you want it still won't be true 1080p.

I'm sorry, but I actually meant true 1080p

View PostMassacre, on 11 April 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

That was just Marney. Also, you can say fuck. Just say it.

If it were just a port and not developed primarily for the Wii U, more than likely the extra screen would go unused, because Rockstar wouldn't just throw in something simple; they would have to do a shit ton of work to put in interesting features, more work than they would be willing to put in for something that probably wouldn't sell all that well. I doubt a Wii U version of GTA V would have much more in the way of touch screen functionality than Chinatown Wars did, and probably wouldn't sell much better, either.

Also, for someone who calls the 360 and PS3 users graphics whores, it's ironic you used the Wii U's graphics in your example. Only a graphics whore is going to buy a Wii U for that "upgrade." No one with a 360 or PS3 is going to buy a Wii U to play GTA on.

On the touchscreen-- I say the simpler the features the better! Even something minor, like having the map and HUD on the second screw n would be a great feature to leave the television screen cleaner.

#151 Ku Zi Mu

|\ /.\ /| King Sexy |\ /.\ /|

• Members
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

Massecure-

"Also, for someone who calls the 360 and PS3 users graphics whores, it's ironic you used the Wii U's graphics in your example. Only a graphics whore is going to buy a Wii U for that "upgrade." No one with a 360 or PS3 is going to buy a Wii U to play GTA on."

I don't get it. :huh: If PS3 & 360 users are graphics whores, then wouldn't they buy a Wii U because there graphics whores? :huh:

View PostKu Zi Mu 789, on 12 April 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

Massecure-

"Also, for someone who calls the 360 and PS3 users graphics whores, it's ironic you used the Wii U's graphics in your example. Only a graphics whore is going to buy a Wii U for that "upgrade." No one with a 360 or PS3 is going to buy a Wii U to play GTA on."

I don't get it. :huh: If PS3 & 360 users are graphics whores, then wouldn't they buy a Wii U because the're graphics whores? :huh:

#152 Rayge

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostKu Zi Mu 789, on 12 April 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

Massecure-

I don't get it. :huh: If PS3 & 360 users are graphics whores, then wouldn't they buy a Wii U because there graphics whores? :huh:

View PostKu Zi Mu 789, on 12 April 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:

Massecure-

I don't get it. :huh: If PS3 & 360 users are graphics whores, then wouldn't they buy a Wii U because the're graphics whores? :huh:

Because hopefully a new console will have better graphics than a 7 year old console.

#153 Ostrich Boy

Outlaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

^ @Marcus--- that made no sense whatsoever.

#154 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,701 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostKu Zi Mu 789, on 12 April 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

I never called PS3 and 360 users graphics whores, he did. I said that no one with a 360 or PS3 is going to buy a Wii U to play GTA on, and anyone who buys a Wii U for a slight graphics upgrade is a graphics whore.

#155 JustAn808

Captain Tyin Knots

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:03 PM

View PostOstrich Boy, on 11 April 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Yes, it will. Ps3 and Xbox owners who don't want to wait for the next playstation/Microsoft console (which nothing has been confirmed for), but still want to upgrade to be on top of technology for the next couple of years, will buy a wii u, and if the wii u version of gta v is as good or better than the ps3/360 versions, many wii u owners who also own sony/Microsoft consoles will most likely buy the wii u version.

It just seems that you're speaking of a very small minority here, and not the general public. I would find it difficult to make a statement like this, seeing as how no one knows how successful the Wii U will be.

View PostOstrich Boy, on 12 April 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Plus, nobody's opinion around here is going to be swayed so you can persue the idea that these arguments will eventually give you the favorable outcome, but realistically, I don't see it happening.

#156 Rayge

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostOstrich Boy, on 12 April 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

Yeah sorry I read that wrong :whistle:

#157 MrDanceWithLance

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

It would be good if GTA V was released for Wii U. That way, GTA V is more accessable to play. Also, it stakes their claim in the Wii U game war.

#158 Rayge

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Yeah it would be good for Nintendo, but it's very unlikely.

#159 Skitz15k

Nobody Special

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

Ahem, to the guy who said that "No one" is going to buy a wii u to play GTA on when they already have a ps3/xbox 360. We all know that the realistic a game is, the better it will be. I'm not saying that we all would prefere better graphics, I'm just saying that we KNOW it will be a better experience. My point is, I will most likely buy a Wii U and GTA 5 (if they make one for it). I will also buy GTA 5 for my ps3, but if there will be a better, more realistic version of the game for another console (in this case the Wii U) I will buy it even though I own a PS3 simply because I like realistic-looking games. Call me a graphics whore, but I'm sure EVERYONE would prefere to buy a 1080 resolution game rather than an 8 bit game, so that makes us all graphics whores.

#160 Rayge

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostSkitz15k, on 15 April 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

Ahem, to the guy who said that "No one" is going to buy a wii u to play GTA on when they already have a ps3/xbox 360. We all know that the realistic a game is, the better it will be. I'm not saying that we all would prefere better graphics, I'm just saying that we KNOW it will be a better experience. My point is, I will most likely buy a Wii U and GTA 5 (if they make one for it). I will also buy GTA 5 for my ps3, but if there will be a better, more realistic version of the game for another console (in this case the Wii U) I will buy it even though I own a PS3 simply because I like realistic-looking games. Call me a graphics whore, but I'm sure EVERYONE would prefere to buy a 1080 resolution game rather than an 8 bit game, so that makes us all graphics whores.

Well they're not going to make a better version for Wii U, it will just be a port from the Xbox or PS3. Okay, graphics whore. Even though GTA V won't be full 1080p on the Xbox or Ps3, it won't be a fucking "8 bit game" so that point is completely worthless.

And also, you only have 1 post, that happens to agree with the minority in this topic. I wonder...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users