Should cops be more realistic?  

481 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gimme a break, I was 6.

Cops seem to be more aggressive in pursuits, compared to IV where the player was only tailed. In the first gameplay video, an officer rams through a fence in an attempt to get ahead of Trevor's vehicle.

In sleeping dogs you would have atleast 2 police vehicles driving after you. One would be behind you, and the other would drive in front of you to block you off. Another interesting thing is that in GTA 4 if you stop your vehicle the police car would also stop and both officers would get out of the car letting you just drive away, but in sleeping dogs only one officer would get out of the car so if you even thought about hitting the gas peddle, the officer driving would go right after you. It felt so realistic and I have a feeling the police in this game would do the same.

I think so kind of jail system would be cool, so if you got arrested you go to jail but you have the option skip jail so your guy still go's but you don't have to sit through it, it would just be like the other ones were you spawn outside of the police station or you don't skip jail and you can try and escape or just go along with it like go to the cafeteria, then go outside and lift weights, then go to the shower ( may get interesting XD) and of course sleep In your cell. and depending on what you did or what wanted level you were on would determain how long you stayed there for

I think so kind of jail system would be cool, so if you got arrested you go to jail but you have the option skip jail so your guy still go's but you don't have to sit through it, it would just be like the other ones were you spawn outside of the police station or you don't skip jail and you can try and escape or just go along with it like go to the cafeteria, then go outside and lift weights, then go to the shower ( may get interesting XD) and of course sleep In your cell. and depending on what you did or what wanted level you were on would determain how long you stayed there for

As a one off it might work, otherwise it'd get real old really quickly

For those who want a system where you have the option to serve jail time:

I've been thinking if Rockstar were to incorporate this, which I doubt, maybe they would have the option as soon as you're arrested to pay off (bribe) the police and bail yourself out of jail, which I believe happens anyway in most GTAs. That way there's nothing repetitive and annoying about being arrested and would be typical of the series. Now let's say you've just been busted, and it's towards the beginning of the game and you don't want to pay your fines, then you'd have the choice to do your time, in which case you could plot your own escape (kill a guard, steal his gun, fight your way out, etc).. Also serving your sentence would create an incentive by getting away with all your hard-earned cash (Y)

I'm sure if a "serving jail-time" feature returned, it would be like RDR, rather than Mafia 2.

So, you're 15, Gunsmith?

Id have never guessed you were same age as me lol

I wounder why rockstar changed from 6 to 5 stars? there must be something special about this new system. I think its odd if they did it just to be differnt .. maybe one star does not exist or if you commit a pettie crime and that's when police try to arrest you without force before you achieve an actual star?

I wounder why rockstar changed from 6 to 5 stars? there must be something special about this new system. I think its odd if they did it just to be differnt .. maybe one star does not exist or if you commit a pettie crime and that's when police try to arrest you without force before you achieve an actual star?

I think its comes down to the fact that we can now "hopefully" avoid getting a wanted level after comitting a crime by terminating any witnesses(like RDR). Its too early to go into detail but alongside the noise meter/sensor, im sure we will notice a change in our, how do I say this.. "suspicious activity" levels by the way a near my piglett is acting. If he starts chatting on the radio asking for backup, we now know its time too switch from the double ended dildo, to one of those things that cut down trees, yeah thats right, a motherfucking chainsaw! But anyway, catch my drift?

A good question. Maybe the police are so intense that five stars is now considered the maximum. Also, maybe they've removed the military, like in IV...

It'd be odd to be holed up in the military base, watching military personnel cower in their barracks while Blaine County police forces charge through the gate in cruisers and SUVs...

Just because the final star has been removed doesn't mean that military presence has as well.

Has it been confirmed like RDR you can get a bounty on your head or become one LS 10 most wanted until you get caught?

I want to see female cops so I can kidnap and rape them. (tired of doing it to male cops)

I liked that comment because of what's in the brackets

It would be cool if they had standard FBI agents, and also an FBI SWAT team like real life,. The FBI SWAT could use a light machine gun and maybe replace the military.

Are they adding "locking car doors from inside" feature? I hate being arrested from a tank. Or from any car. Cops should not just arrest by opening the door and showing the gun, they should pull you out first so you could run away (and increasing a star in the action).

• Like 1

Are they adding "locking car doors from inside" feature? I hate being arrested from a tank. Or from any car. Cops should not just arrest by opening the door and showing the gun, they should pull you out first so you could run away (and increasing a star in the action).

Fair enough, but realistically cops should then be able to break your window, unlock the door for you, and drag yo ass out the car.

• Like 1

Fair enough, but realistically cops should then be able to break your window, unlock the door for you, and drag yo ass out the car.

yeah but this is GTA, we wouldn't give an officer the time, nor the place :P