What will you be doing

345 replies to this topic

#1 tomvercetti

Nobody Special

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

made this topic so i could find out what everyone plans to do first when they get there copy of GTA V for either 360 ps3 or pc once all the loading and installing is complete and your staring at the new protagonist wot will be your first line of action for me i just cant wait to walk around the entire city taking in the sights and sounds of los santos

what about you?

#2 JustAn808

Captain Tyin Knots

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

For me, it depends on the intro. I like to imagine what one would do IRL. Basically, if the opening FMV includes some guys holding my family hostage or whatnot, I'm not gunna go explore around the city. I'll probably get a few missions/mini games knocked out before I start exploring.

And I don't plan on getting online until the story is finished.

#3 ViceMan

Decidedly average.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:41 PM

"luk 4 CJ, datz gangsta!!111!"

I posted that reply or something similar to it in the last "what will you do first in GTA V" topic. So yeah.

#4 Psy

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Admin
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:15 PM

Complete the initial mission then go exploring for weapons and various other misc collectibles.

#5 gtagrl

Long-haired hippie

• Moderators
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

The start is always a balancing act, you have to do enough "exposition / tutorial" missions to unlock certain abilities, stores, weapons, minigames etc. That said, I like to get to the first save point then go play in the sandbox. Find some weapons, take in the scenery, explore the limits.

#6 Mercy Cortez

Don

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:46 PM

Im gunna follow the on screen instructions for the starting mission...as will everyone else.

#7 ViceMan

Decidedly average.

• Members
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

Controls will be the same as GTA IV so no need to learn them again, although I played GTA IV round a friend's house after being on Skyrim for three weeks and I kept crouching thinking I was hidden. :D

#8 Guest_Marney1_*

• Guests

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:33 PM

I normally do a few missions, explore for a bit then start over again when I'm sure I know the controls and how everything works. I won't touch multiplayer until I've finished the story.

#9 Pitbull

Banned

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

I'll probably go looking around as soon as i can. Hopefully steal a bike like the old days in SA and just cycle around the hood for abit exploring and getting use to the map. Then go back and start the missions.

#10 aaron brown

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

do a few missions thn see what buildings i can go into and start massacre

#11 Guest_Marney1_*

• Guests

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:12 AM

View PostPitbull, on 23 February 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

I'll probably go looking around as soon as i can. Hopefully steal a bike like the old days in SA and just cycle around the hood for abit exploring and getting use to the map. Then go back and start the missions.

Hmm that's a thing, the only bike we've seen in the trailer was missing its front wheel.

#12 Mercy Cortez

Don

• Members
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:12 AM

View PostMarney1, on 23 February 2012 - 06:12 AM, said:

View PostPitbull, on 23 February 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

Hmm that's a thing, the only bike we've seen in the trailer was missing its front wheel.

Hmmm...bike customisation...well u never no.

#13 LordSugarDaddy

Vandal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

Well when ever I get a GTA game, I've always done about the first 4-5 missions, to get all the tutorial stuff out the way and learn the basics, then I'll screw around the city getting up to all sorts of shenanigans, and when I get bored of that and want to unlock more stuff, I continue with the main story =)

#14 Mercy Cortez

Don

• Members
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:03 AM

Ok are we taking this thread seriously then...

I usually do quite a few missions first, that way u learn any new aspects of the game. I also like to know more about the main story.

Then i take a drive around the city learning the map and i will try and find grove street etc and see if its still the same.

#15 Rayge

'English motherfucker, do you speak it?'

• Members
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Get into the story by doing a few missions, then take a break and just explore the whole available area and have fun with physics, and discover the cool features in the game.

#16 Five

Nobody Special

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

As everyone else seems to be planning on doing, play the initial missions then go looking for cool spots, collectables, Easter eggs. *cough*find a hooker*cough*

#17 Lord Q

Lovelord Of The Wastes

• Gold Member
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

I'm gonna take my coppy out in the middle of the street and smash it and put it on youtube !!!!

#18 hoekie

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

i am going to do a few missions and then i search for the car that's seen in the trailer (the car in pursuit) and then i'm going to drive around the city and do a lot of funny things. and i am going to kill a cop and then barricade the door, that is sad as a rumour...

#19 ViceMan

Decidedly average.

• Members
  • 2,627 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

View PostQdeathstar, on 23 February 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

I'm gonna take my coppy out in the middle of the street and smash it and put it on youtube !!!!

I'll hold you to that. You know anything written on the internet is as close to a legally binding contract as to make no difference right? If you don't do it I could legally sue you for disinformation.

#20 iGTA5

ORIGINAL GtANGSTA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

check out the enviorment.. watch tv.. check out the bars.. but a few missions first..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users