Joint ops

Possible nuclear test site or area 51

i dought area 51 will be in the game but there is a military base in Oakland off of San Francisco, and the do test heavy artillery and once and a while a nuclear weapon.

LOL! 100% bullshit. Unless you can prove it. There is probably a military base, sure. But nuclear tests? No way.

Tbh you can almost pretty much guarantee some sort of military base, since we had one in San Andreas and we did see some sort of Hydra in the trailer. I doubt that's just gonna be at any old normal airport.

i dought area 51 will be in the game but there is a military base in Oakland off of San Francisco, and the do test heavy artillery and once and a while a nuclear weapon.

LOL! 100% bullshit. Unless you can prove it. There is probably a military base, sure. But nuclear tests? No way.

once and a while meaning very rare. and they usually would not do a test near inhabitants of cali.... and they are saying people like me ignore logic? smh

They do not do any kind of nuclear testing anywhere near where people live. Nuclear test sites are upwards of 100 miles away from the nearest town, and are done almost exclusively in large stretches of open desert, which doesn't exist near Oakland. There are no nuclear weapons being tested in Oakland. Also, unless another has opened up recently, the only army base in Oakland has been shut down since 1999.

On top of all that, Oakland is 370 miles from Los Angeles, so even if there were an operational army base in Oakland, it wouldn't make any difference in GTA V.

And yet another edit, Area 51 is 150 miles from Las Vegas, and Vegas is 265 miles from LA. I don't know all the highways in that area, so I don't know if there's a shorter route from LA to Rachel, Nevada (where Area 51 is located), but that's 415 miles, for those of you who can't do elementary school-level math.

once and a while meaning very rare. and they usually would not do a test near inhabitants of cali.... and they are saying people like me ignore logic? smh

the last surface test was in 1963, then the US and others signed a ban on surface testing due to fallout hazards, from then on all tests were conducted subsurface, official sources state the last one was 20 years ago, 1992.

EDIT: and as someone stated already, most of these tests were made in Nevada, the testing site counts 925 tests until 1992, 825 of them subsurface.

Area 51 is 150 miles from Las Vegas, and Vegas is 265 miles from LA. I don't know all the highways in that area, so I don't know if there's a shorter route from LA to Rachel, Nevada (where Area 51 is located), but that's 415 miles, for those of you who can't do elementary school-level math.

Wasn't Area 51 in SA?

Yes, Area 51 was in San Andreas, and it was a reasonable distance from Las Venturas (which is obviously not in GTA V) at a time where R* wasn't quite as concerned with making a realistic setting as they are now. The setup of the map from a game made nearly eight years ago, when Rockstar wasn't trying to make GTA realistic, has no bearing on what GTA V will be like, so the point you were trying to make is invalid.

• Like 1

Yes, Area 51 was in San Andreas, and it was a reasonable distance from Las Venturas (which is obviously not in GTA V) at a time where R* wasn't quite as concerned with making a realistic setting as they are now. The setup of the map from a game made nearly eight years ago, when Rockstar wasn't trying to make GTA realistic, has no bearing on what GTA V will be like, so the point you were trying to make is invalid.

It wasn't a point, it was a question.? = question, duh. Now that I think about it, there were to Military Areas in Las Ventures. The other one was to the North by Burger Shot. Was that area just R* doing or is it based on an actual Military Base? Im not to familiar with the West Coast.

It wasn't a point, it was a question.? = question, duh. Now that I think about it, there were to Military Areas in Las Ventures. The other one was to the North by Burger Shot. Was that area just R* doing or is it based on an actual Military Base? Im not to familiar with the West Coast.

You're talking about that kacc military aviation fuel depot you crash in one of the missions (up up and away), right?

Well the most prominent military complex in northern Vegas is Nellis AFB together with Lake Mead Base (Ammo depot incl. nuclear weapons, big times when the NTS was still active) and Nellis Water System Annex.

Since the big sign says military aviation fuel, I guess R* very very losely based this complex on the Nellis AFB site... well... sort of... let's stick with they drew inspiration from it as the only things in common are the word aviation and the location :whistle:

It wasn't a point, it was a question.? = question, duh.

I just assumed you were trying to make a point because, in order for that to be a genuine question, you would have to either not have played San Andreas, or be completely ignorant of history and pop culture regarding aliens, government conspiracies, or the southwestern United States, which is near impossible if you live in the US.

I hope they don't add a nuclear test site or whatever it is. It would just ruin the feel of the luscious beaches and the beautiful scenery and then in the background just add some random nuke site.... :S

I don't think they will be an area 69 - alien Easter-egg since i doubt there will be a desert...

I hope they don't add a nuclear test site or whatever it is. It would just ruin the feel of the luscious beaches and the beautiful scenery and then in the background just add some random nuke site.... :S

I don't think they will be an area 69 - alien Easter-egg since i doubt there will be a desert...

LA is a lot bigger than the touristy side of it, with the beaches and beautiful scene. There is most likely a military base somewhere in the Californian desert, so it's not unreasonable. But Nuclear testing is a little over the top for such a populated area.

LA is a lot bigger than the touristy side of it, with the beaches and beautiful scene. There is most likely a military base somewhere in the Californian desert, so it's not unreasonable. But Nuclear testing is a little over the top for such a populated area.

I suppose you're right.

:fap:

and if there is any nuclear site, what would they nuke?

Have you ever played Black Ops? Well if you have, you've surely played the map "Nuke Town". That is what they would nuke, to test the capability as mentioned above. But as I said, I doubt any nuclear tests go on in such a populated state.

If they did in fact add military and the game will be realistic, how long could we really survive against military soldiers, choppers, truck loads, tanks, hummers etc.? I certainly hope they include them so we can find out. I can't remember but in San Andreas was there a part of the story where martial law came in?

Only want a nuclear test site if they allow your player to use them. If not then it's a complete waste to me. Or at least watch them go off. But I'd rather have a nuclear test site anyways.

vorrei che fosse reale il gioco non stupido io in santa andreas non ho visto ne alieni,basi segrete,mostri,bigfood e nemmeno l'area 51. io gta 5 lo vorrei reale e basta.

Er, yeah, stick to English please. I know there are Italian GTA fansites around if you can't.

Why do you assume they are trying to make GTA5 realistic? Just because they made GTA4 realistic?

Why do you assume they are trying to make GTA5 realistic? Just because they made GTA4 realistic?

And RDR... and LA Noire... and Max Payne 3...

With Euphoria, and from what we've already seen of the map, if they tried to make it unrealistic, it would look stupid. They don't really have a choice.