Possible nuclear test site or area 51

80 replies to this topic

#21 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,587 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:01 PM

ITT: Noobs ignoring logic, thinking Area 51 is in LA, not knowing how R* works, etc.

#22 NativeWay

the average mature forum reader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

i dought area 51 will be in the game but there is a military base in Oakland off of San Francisco, and the do test heavy artillery and once and a while a nuclear weapon.

#23 TreeFitty

Los Santos Fire Dept.

• Admin
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

View Postn4t1v3w47, on 24 February 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

i dought area 51 will be in the game but there is a military base in Oakland off of San Francisco, and the do test heavy artillery and once and a while a nuclear weapon.

Feel free to post links to whatever you are talking about.

#24 ConQueSteD

Big ol' American titties

• Gold Member
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

They don't test nuclear weapons in oakland, otherwise every one would be more seriously fucked up then they already are.

#25 Ku Zi Mu

|\ /.\ /| King Sexy |\ /.\ /|

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

I understand the Nuclear test site area bs, but I just dont understand how anyone can bitch about a military base. If you want Tanks, Hydras, Patriots, and other Military basesd vehicles, guns, an aircraft, Wouldn't you expect a military base to have em all.

#26 Rayge

'English motherfucker, do you speak it?'

• Members
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

LOL! 100% bullshit. Unless you can prove it. There is probably a military base, sure. But nuclear tests? No way.

#27 PedestrianRiotz

"Leet"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Tbh you can almost pretty much guarantee some sort of military base, since we had one in San Andreas and we did see some sort of Hydra in the trailer. I doubt that's just gonna be at any old normal airport.

#28 NativeWay

the average mature forum reader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostMarcus, on 25 February 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

LOL! 100% bullshit. Unless you can prove it. There is probably a military base, sure. But nuclear tests? No way.

once and a while meaning very rare. and they usually would not do a test near inhabitants of cali.... and they are saying people like me ignore logic? smh

#29 TreeFitty

Los Santos Fire Dept.

• Admin
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Post links.

#30 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,587 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:22 PM

They do not do any kind of nuclear testing anywhere near where people live. Nuclear test sites are upwards of 100 miles away from the nearest town, and are done almost exclusively in large stretches of open desert, which doesn't exist near Oakland. There are no nuclear weapons being tested in Oakland. Also, unless another has opened up recently, the only army base in Oakland has been shut down since 1999.

On top of all that, Oakland is 370 miles from Los Angeles, so even if there were an operational army base in Oakland, it wouldn't make any difference in GTA V.

And yet another edit, Area 51 is 150 miles from Las Vegas, and Vegas is 265 miles from LA. I don't know all the highways in that area, so I don't know if there's a shorter route from LA to Rachel, Nevada (where Area 51 is located), but that's 415 miles, for those of you who can't do elementary school-level math.

#31 DuPz0r

*Passes Gimp Mask*

• Gold Member
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostDuffMan, on 22 February 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostPedestrianRiotz, on 22 February 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

^

Its a video game.....

You don't replicate a city in meticulous detail and then add random shit that doesn't fit in.

Something Row. :whistle:

#32 gmt

Scalawag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

View Postn4t1v3w47, on 25 February 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

View PostMarcus, on 25 February 2012 - 08:55 AM, said:

once and a while meaning very rare. and they usually would not do a test near inhabitants of cali.... and they are saying people like me ignore logic? smh

the last surface test was in 1963, then the US and others signed a ban on surface testing due to fallout hazards, from then on all tests were conducted subsurface, official sources state the last one was 20 years ago, 1992.
EDIT: and as someone stated already, most of these tests were made in Nevada, the testing site counts 925 tests until 1992, 825 of them subsurface.

#33 Shogun

My Dream Girl Don't Exist

• Gold Member
  • 1,857 posts
  • LocationOn Avery Island

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostDuffMan, on 22 February 2012 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostPedestrianRiotz, on 22 February 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

^

Its a video game.....

You don't replicate a city in meticulous detail and then add random shit that doesn't fit in.

You don't get to 500 million posts on a GTA V fan site without making a few enemies.

#34 Ku Zi Mu

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

View PostMassacre, on 25 February 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Area 51 is 150 miles from Las Vegas, and Vegas is 265 miles from LA. I don't know all the highways in that area, so I don't know if there's a shorter route from LA to Rachel, Nevada (where Area 51 is located), but that's 415 miles, for those of you who can't do elementary school-level math.

Wasn't Area 51 in SA?

#35 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,587 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:40 AM

Yes, Area 51 was in San Andreas, and it was a reasonable distance from Las Venturas (which is obviously not in GTA V) at a time where R* wasn't quite as concerned with making a realistic setting as they are now. The setup of the map from a game made nearly eight years ago, when Rockstar wasn't trying to make GTA realistic, has no bearing on what GTA V will be like, so the point you were trying to make is invalid.

#36 Ku Zi Mu

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

View PostMassacre, on 26 February 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

Yes, Area 51 was in San Andreas, and it was a reasonable distance from Las Venturas (which is obviously not in GTA V) at a time where R* wasn't quite as concerned with making a realistic setting as they are now. The setup of the map from a game made nearly eight years ago, when Rockstar wasn't trying to make GTA realistic, has no bearing on what GTA V will be like, so the point you were trying to make is invalid.

It wasn't a point, it was a question.? = question, duh. Now that I think about it, there were to Military Areas in Las Ventures. The other one was to the North by Burger Shot. Was that area just R* doing or is it based on an actual Military Base? Im not to familiar with the West Coast.

#37 gmt

Scalawag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

View PostKu Zi Mu 789, on 26 February 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

View PostMassacre, on 26 February 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

It wasn't a point, it was a question.? = question, duh. Now that I think about it, there were to Military Areas in Las Ventures. The other one was to the North by Burger Shot. Was that area just R* doing or is it based on an actual Military Base? Im not to familiar with the West Coast.

You're talking about that kacc military aviation fuel depot you crash in one of the missions (up up and away), right?
Well the most prominent military complex in northern Vegas is Nellis AFB together with Lake Mead Base (Ammo depot incl. nuclear weapons, big times when the NTS was still active) and Nellis Water System Annex.
Since the big sign says military aviation fuel, I guess R* very very losely based this complex on the Nellis AFB site... well... sort of... let's stick with they drew inspiration from it as the only things in common are the word aviation and the location :whistle:

#38 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 8,587 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

View PostKu Zi Mu 789, on 26 February 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

It wasn't a point, it was a question.? = question, duh.

I just assumed you were trying to make a point because, in order for that to be a genuine question, you would have to either not have played San Andreas, or be completely ignorant of history and pop culture regarding aliens, government conspiracies, or the southwestern United States, which is near impossible if you live in the US.

#39 Daz

Nobody Special

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

There probally wont be a nuclear test site but im guessing there will be Various bases as there is many in California
http://militarybases.com/california/

#40 xIX iSaVaGe XIx

Upstanding Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:46 AM

I hope they don't add a nuclear test site or whatever it is. It would just ruin the feel of the luscious beaches and the beautiful scenery and then in the background just add some random nuke site.... :S
I don't think they will be an area 69 - alien Easter-egg since i doubt there will be a desert...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users