Sign in to follow this  
Andre Kucina

GTA V Cities

I was thinking of the game limitations... we all remember that after completing several missions in the former GTA, new cities were unlocked so we could play forward in a new one or a new part of the city we were playing in like in GTA 4.

Imagine if in GTA 5 only one city is available? how would they seperate it so there can be a progression? will there be areas of the city locked? but seperated with what? bridges? walls?

All i am trying to say is that i am pretty sure there will be more than one city... or the city will be seperated with rivers and bridges like in GTA IV. But i am pretty sure los angeles isn t the best place to find rivers and bridges haha.

So what do you think? as we know all the former GTAs had a progression and limitations seperating more than one city or part of a city in 3 islands why would that be different now? they wouldn't make Los Santos seperated in 3 islands would they?

What do you think?

As discussed here before, many of us agree that there will more than likely be more to GTA 5 than Los Santos. But i think small towns and country villages will play a bigger role rather than other cities. Like San Andreas when you first leave Los Santos for Angel Pine and Mount Chiliad. They could reverse this and have you start in the sticks, and you have to get to Los Santos....

As for the unlocking areas thing you mentioned. I'm not sure how they're going to do it, but bridges are always the best separation method in GTA.

Maybe riots, like beacuse of lack of money from the economy its blocked to stop rioters. I think it will have something to do with the economy.

Maybe riots, like beacuse of lack of money from the economy its blocked to stop rioters. I think it will have something to do with the economy.

Or like that road in the middle of Algonquin near Star Junction, it has road blocks and half finished construction work. If they're in the middle of a recession maybe the governor has cut back on road workers pay, so they've gone on strike, leaving a chain of unfinished work, creating a barrier out of that district.

I think they are going to use windmills to block people from getting to the different sections... We've seen them in the trailer, and they look suspicious to me.

I hope there are riots with hundreds of crazy pedestrians that kill you if you cross the border when you aren't meant to, along with roit police incase you survive the peds. And running over mad pedestrians is also fun, of course.

I doubt there will be riots or an occupy protest. The game trailer cameout during the peak of the occupy. There still is time to implement that but I think they will go with a more la sterotype like and earhquake and destroyed bridges

I'm curious to see how much truer to a real map V is compared to San Andreas, the way VI is to III. Las Venturas just has to be part of it.

I'm curious to see how much truer to a real map V is compared to San Andreas, the way VI is to III. Las Venturas just has to be part of it.
it will be much different, if not recognizable. If it was a copy of SA, gta5 would be realeased by now.

I don't expect them to be the same, I mean whether V will be even closer to real life Cali than SA...You can tell III is based on NYC, but Liberty City is very different in IV than in III.

Yea i think it will have a few more recognisable san andreas features like mt. Chillard and the vinewood sign etc. GTA IV didnt have these little things.

I really hope that we get another trailer soon to get some more info.

Yeah V will be much much more realistic than gtaiv and hoping it puts Rdr to shame environment wise. I remember when gta sa came out, i was amazed by the graphics. Top notch at the time and nobody questioned them back then until like a year or two later when the 360 came out... Gtaiv was good....at first. Now we look back with all these new ideas on how to make a better gta experience. I'm hoping to see more of los Angeles landmarks. Maybe a better vinewood. It's gunna be dope none the less.

Yeah a new trailer would b nice

If it's one city with no waterways, it could well be open from the start. If I remember rightly, IV was going to be all open from the beginning of the game, but they changed their mind at the last minute.

I kind of hope the game isn't open from the start, unless it's a game like Skyrim where there are quest-lines in different areas. If not, I think it's better to have it locked so you have to work to unlock things like new houses, cars, clothes etc...

Also, when the area is locked down, you get to know each part in more detail. I think this is something GTA works well with. Any other sandbox game i play, i don't seem to remember the maps too well, they just seem too repeated and bland. GTA maps are always iconic in contrast, and they have a believability to them.

• Like 2

will people ever get that V aint a copy of San Andreas and "It's Los Santos and the surrounding countryside - and a very big map." means Los Santos and not San Andreas, so no Chiliad, no LV, no SF...

I guess the geographic features of the LA area will be more accurately represented than they were in SA and since they're talking about countryside, there will be a couple smaller towns in the backdrop, like a spinoff of Palm Springs or something like that, would be a waste of space and no need to go there otherwise. But I doubt there'll be anything of considerable size, think of something like the island of Los Santos in San Andreas, only bigger and better etcpp

As for blocking access, that's a little hard to tell. I doubt R* artificially cuts through the city to create different islands. This was easy in Liberty as NYC offers this, hard for an LA recreation. maybe you can't cross LA river for the bridges are closed (earthquake, heavy downpour in the mountains, damage, bad maintenance, there's enough ideas to justify that). A little easier to block access to the countryside (landslide comes to mind in respect of all the mountaineous area around LA/LS)

Of course you can always go for roadwork and police blockade to limit access, that's how they created the limits in LA Noire, but they are harder to enforce in a GTA game as it offers more movement options than LA Noire does, so it might feel too artificial

I'm a little curious how they will keep up the classic access limitation in V

will people ever get that V aint a copy of San Andreas and "It's Los Santos and the surrounding countryside - and a very big map." means Los Santos and not San Andreas, so no Chiliad,

Maybe there is no chiliad, but there is a mountain in-game which is probably the V era version of Mt. Chiliad.

Yeah it won t be a San Andreas number 2 for sure but talking about LA means it will be the same kind of stuff that we had in SA... even if now called Los Santos...

San Andreas was indeed maybe more an idea of recreating the area of the san andreas fault... with all the cities SF LA... eventhough LV ain t situated on this particular fault...

Now by calling in Los Santos it appears like it will be one city and only one BUT in the trailer you can see a license plate with SAN ANDREAS written on it. at 0:47 seconds...

I just hope it s not going to be as disappointing as it was with GTA IV... the map was to repetitive... a serious lack of countryside and a little map to me compared to what the xbox can offer and compared to games like rdr or even bigger just cause 2...

but i d say GTA will always have the edge...idk...

Plus: we can see in the trailer that there is a highway called Las Puerta... is that the name of the highway... or another city? dk...

Maybe San Diego!! it would be cool!!

The game would definitely be half-assed if they used the same map as Los Santos of SA. +, that city was TINY, they definitely made a new, updated HD version of the city of Los Santos. I reckon some of the landmarks will be similar, but in different locations etc...

Yeah it won t be a San Andreas number 2 for sure but talking about LA means it will be the same kind of stuff that we had in SA... even if now called Los Santos...

San Andreas was indeed maybe more an idea of recreating the area of the san andreas fault... with all the cities SF LA... eventhough LV ain t situated on this particular fault...

Now by calling in Los Santos it appears like it will be one city and only one BUT in the trailer you can see a license plate with SAN ANDREAS written on it. at 0:47 seconds...

oh yeah the easteregging truthtelling license plates. Now it's clear that we get the whole state of San Andreas back. 1:1 replica of GTASA, only better graphics. peeew lucky me.

now... we can see a lot in the trailer. we can see what's supposed to be the pacific. probably we can swim all the way to hawaii. there's construction sites, maybe we can help building the houses minecraft style.

seriously... the license plate thing has been pointed out like 3 billion times already. US plates ALWAYS have the STATE written on it, therefore it says San Andreas, nothing else to it, no proof of San Fierro, Las Venturas, an arbitrary recreation of San Diego deep underneath the infinite desert with a hidden entrance through the bigfoot cave on mt chiliad, no nothing. period.

San Andreas is a fictional state depicting the US southwest. Why they (R*) got it wrong in GTA SA where the plates listed the city instead of the state is beyond my knowledge, but this was rectified in GTAIV already and I recon it won't change in 5. They even went a little further and recreated different styles of California license plates (as in different years of issue) plus re-introduced actual registrations.

And once again, San Andreas is not Los Santos... jeees is it that hard??

Of course we get a hell of a lot of same stuff we've seen in Los Santos in GTASA, most probably because there's the chance that both Los Santos are based on the same real life city of Los Angeles. But Las Venturas is not Los Santos and San fucking Fierro isn't Los Santos either.

• Like 1

aha ok chill out dude... there s nothin to get excited here... just talking... anyway, nobody knows exactly how everything s going to be in the game... it s all blabla talking to spend the time that seperates us from getting the game! ;)

We all got that san andreas and fierro and other stuff from the former game won't be the same in the 5.. but similar in a way as said before ... southern california...