GTA V on PC in

Max Payne 3 - ***Use SPOILER tags***

442 replies to this topic

#341 bOnEs

the village idiot...

• Moderators
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

yea, multiplayer maps and skins right?? new missions?? probably not... plus, success of those depend on the success of the original game... of those that bought max payne 3, you have to assume that maybe half of them would buy the DLC... i wouldn't if it was just multiplayer stuff...

#342 Shogun

My Dream Girl Don't Exist

• Gold Member
  • 1,857 posts
  • LocationOn Avery Island

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostMarney-1, on 17 June 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

View PostCyantist, on 17 June 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Michael Pachter doesn't know a fucking thing. Let's not forget how GTA V is going to be a box with a download code inside it...

My only criticism of Max Payne 3 for PC is the DRM, They haven't disclosed if GameShield is the kind of DRM that limits how many times you can install it. That and Social Club is crap if you ask me.

Max Payne 3 has issues with specific hardware firewalls and specific routers, something which we've never encountered.

I use Comodo and the only trouble I had was the firewall blocked it opening, simple matter of clicking "Allow" and then never seeing another problem until trying to go online which was the exact same thing. Bunch of spackers. if your firewall is that poor that it stops you opening it. You've picked a crap firewall. Uninstall it and install Comodo. Better protection and free. Likewise, no issues on the AV front. I run MSE and Malware Bytes constantly and neither prompted an issue. RYG are probably using some piece of shit AV that they paid for, and it probably isn't NOD32, the only AV worth paying for.

Are you implying that Michael Pachter said GTA V will be downloadable only? If so you're wrong, he actually said the complete opposite as in "There's no chance GTA V will be download only". Peter Warman from the Shit List said the 'download code' thing.

Ah. Got my names mixed up. Disregard that section.

#343 Guest_Marney-1_*

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

View PostCyantist, on 18 June 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

View PostMarney-1, on 17 June 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

View PostCyantist, on 17 June 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Michael Pachter doesn't know a fucking thing. Let's not forget how GTA V is going to be a box with a download code inside it...

My only criticism of Max Payne 3 for PC is the DRM, They haven't disclosed if GameShield is the kind of DRM that limits how many times you can install it. That and Social Club is crap if you ask me.

Max Payne 3 has issues with specific hardware firewalls and specific routers, something which we've never encountered.

I use Comodo and the only trouble I had was the firewall blocked it opening, simple matter of clicking "Allow" and then never seeing another problem until trying to go online which was the exact same thing. Bunch of spackers. if your firewall is that poor that it stops you opening it. You've picked a crap firewall. Uninstall it and install Comodo. Better protection and free. Likewise, no issues on the AV front. I run MSE and Malware Bytes constantly and neither prompted an issue. RYG are probably using some piece of shit AV that they paid for, and it probably isn't NOD32, the only AV worth paying for.

Are you implying that Michael Pachter said GTA V will be downloadable only? If so you're wrong, he actually said the complete opposite as in "There's no chance GTA V will be download only". Peter Warman from the Shit List said the 'download code' thing.

Ah. Got my names mixed up. Disregard that section.

No problem Pieface, it happens.

#344 Psy

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Admin
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

I'm with you Bones, I probably wouldn't buy the DLC just for multiplayer stuff. It's a fun game, but I prefer the SP to the MP and there's not gonna be any new SP levels. Maybe a new arcade mode or something would be fun, but for a new map I don't think it's worth it. That said, I've played more of Max Payne 3 than any other game in the last 6 months. It's a brilliantly made game, but people just weren't that interested. I think Rockstar messed up by showing off the GTA V trailer before MP3 launched.

#345 DiOrangE

FTR

• Gold Member
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

Posted Image

View PostPsy, on 18 June 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

I'm with you Bones, I probably wouldn't buy the DLC just for multiplayer stuff. It's a fun game, but I prefer the SP to the MP and there's not gonna be any new SP levels. Maybe a new arcade mode or something would be fun, but for a new map I don't think it's worth it. That said, I've played more of Max Payne 3 than any other game in the last 6 months. It's a brilliantly made game, but people just weren't that interested. I think Rockstar messed up by showing off the GTA V trailer before MP3 launched.

yah totally.

the only reason I dont have it is because SR3 was on sale on steam for 15ish bucks.

Done that through. Probably wont play it again. Ill get this soon enough

#346 bOnEs

the village idiot...

• Moderators
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

i rented it... i didn't buy it either... it's convenient to just rent if the game isn't offering up 25+ hours of entertainment for me... sadly that's a lot of games on the market... the RPG's and open world games are the only ones that are worth buying for me.... 10 hour shooters won't get a dime from me anymore, the rental store just gets some of their money back ;)...

it's no knock on max payne, i think it's a brilliant shooter... but it's that, an on-the-rails shooter that only holds my attention for so long...

#347 gtagrl

Evil Moral Compass

• Moderators
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:46 AM

Agree with all of that, bones. I'm glad I rented it too, it was fun to play, but not the kind I'd want to keep on hand.

#348 DiOrangE

FTR

• Gold Member
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

Posted Image

Finally got it

game crashed withing seconds of starting up.

itll only run in safe mode. I dont wanna fuckin play it safe mode.

#349 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 9,130 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

Worth the wait, then, clearly.

#350 Guest_Marney-1_*

• Guests

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:41 AM

View PostDiO, on 22 June 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

Posted Image

Finally got it

game crashed withing seconds of starting up.

itll only run in safe mode. I dont wanna fuckin play it safe mode.

Dunno if any of this will help:

Freezing during "Initialization" in Max Payne 3

#351 DiOrangE

FTR

• Gold Member
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image
Itll try some of those. I find a lot of times those trouble shooting steps never fucking work

#352 DuPz0r

Beev Vercetti

• Gold Member
  • 5,209 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

#353 Massacre

Warlord of the Wastes

• Moderators
  • 9,130 posts
  • LocationThe Apocrypha

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:36 PM

I finally got this. Bought it alongside Uncharted 3 and LA Noire on Sunday, just wrapped it up.

Holy fuck, this game was awesome. The final chapter, in the airport, was fucking brilliant - epic every step of the way. I even accidentally got a trophy because I wanted to hear all the dialogue before shooting a certain asshole in the face, and didn't get the chance to pull the trigger. Not sure if I had the option to shoot the last guy or not.

#354 Guest_Marney-1_*

• Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

View PostMassacre, on 06 July 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

I finally got this. Bought it alongside Uncharted 3 and LA Noire on Sunday, just wrapped it up.

Holy fuck, this game was awesome. The final chapter, in the airport, was fucking brilliant - epic every step of the way. I even accidentally got a trophy because I wanted to hear all the dialogue before shooting a certain asshole in the face, and didn't get the chance to pull the trigger. Not sure if I had the option to shoot the last guy or not.

I did the same but only because I wanted him to suffer longer, you know - feel the payne and all that.

#355 bOnEs

the village idiot...

• Moderators
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

yea, that final chapter was pretty fucking epic... the game had built up to that last chapter so well that i think i was getting teary-eyed as max ran past security knowing full well he was about to end this shit, or die trying... it's one of the coolest moments in gaming when that chapter began for me...

amazon is running a special where you get RDR free if you buy max payne 3... if i didn't already own RDR i would of jumped on that deal...

#356 Guest_Marney-1_*

• Guests

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:30 AM

I'm going to get round to having my second playthrough of Max Payne 3 as soon as I've fixed my PS3 controller. For triangle to work I have to simultaneously push triangle AND > on the D-pad. How I got through it by having to do this in the first place I've no idea. First time I found the triangle button was knackered was when I tried to open the car park doors at the beginning of the game - drove me nuts until the missus figured it out for me.

#357 bOnEs

the village idiot...

• Moderators
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

View PostDuPz0r, on 29 June 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

how did i miss that?! now i gotta check out some of his other videos too :lol:...

#358 TreeFitty

Los Santos Fire Dept.

• Admin
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

I had no idea I was able to shoot that certain guy either. I had to open up my trophy list and figure out what the one I "randomly" got was for. The name of it made sense afterward. :P

#359 bOnEs

the village idiot...

• Moderators
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

i didn't shoot him, and i got a trophy for that... it's one of those vintage "either/or" moments...

#360 gtagrl

Evil Moral Compass

• Moderators
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

Didn't shoot him either, anything for more trophies. I probably would have let him die regardless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users