Sign in to follow this  
Psy

Design a GTA 5 Ad Placeholder Banner

Guest Marney1

O_o

I just did some minor editing on that one...the text is from Rockstar.

R* made a spelling mistake. :o

Maybe that GTA V beta video of the van going up Mount Chilliad was real then?

We really need more effort on the horizontal ones than the square one, cos more people are going to see the top ad than the bottom. But these are almost too good to hide behind ads lol. Might need to make a page on the site for "GTA 5 Adverts"

I dont understand the problem u are having, so you cant make it clickable, surely just upload the pic and click on link, or jtree link and put the URL in there? I no u no how to do that based on other things on the site, so i dont understand what makes these different. Sorry if i sound stupid.

They look great by the way :)

EDIT: i would laugh if someone was stupid enough to try and phone bugstars.

It's hard to explain to non-web developers, but basically there's an iframe at the top of the page (where you see the ad image). Inside that iframe, there's supposed to be a banner ad that shows. If that ad shows, it will appear over the top of the background image. So normally you'd only see the actual advert, not the sprunk bg image. But most of the time the ads don't load, so you're just seeing the background image.

I can't detect whether the ad has loaded or not. The code is always there, but if people have adblockers or whatever, the ads won't show. I can't make the background image turn into a clickable ad because it would probably stop the ad from working properly. It's really just there to highlight the fact that you should be seeing an ad, only to make it GTA themed too.