D1J2D3

Should they try to improve the melee combat system?

Something similar to Sleeping Dogs for me - simple to use but had a number of combos that were quite different - with different fighting styles for each protagonist which can be expanded on by visiting gyms or dojos. Ninja stealth kills would be pretty awesome too....

they should also try incorpariting a grapple feature when it comes to fighting, for example you can grab them and headbutt, punch, or knee someone.

or even throw them, or drag them to a wall and bash their head into it. and try and incorporate environmental moves like dragging them to a car door and slamming their head between the door, or put them in the trunk.

Didn't they have that in San Andreas, where you could knee someone in the face a couple of times...or am I thinking of another game

yea they did, but it was only part of a combo move for kickboxing. im talking about doing it in general, like running up to an old lady and BAM!! knee to the face.

I hope they make a modern version of the lasso from RDR, or something that will help me bind people and hijack them, put em in the trunk, leave them on the train tracks, or toss them off a plane.

In order to make it believable, there's gotta be a melee move that lets just just knock people out without killing them.

I hope they make a modern version of the lasso from RDR, or something that will help me bind people and hijack them, put em in the trunk, leave them on the train tracks, or toss them off a plane.

In order to make it believable, there's gotta be a melee move that lets just just knock people out without killing them.

handcuffs, or zipties maybe?

I'd love to tie up people to my car and just watch them bobble out of the back window.

that would be hella fun, or just tie them up and throw them down mt chiliad.

I'd love to tie up people to my car and just watch them bobble out of the back window.

that would be hella fun, or just tie them up and throw them down mt chiliad.

Lol or that, Speaking of abusing the people, you think they are going to add more sounds like when you beat a old woman shes going to yell "Help!" or some crap like that?

that would be awesome, its very likely since R* said that the peds are more interactive.

or if you are walking around with a gun out, you hear someone yell out" He's got a gun!!!!!"

they should also try incorpariting a grapple feature when it comes to fighting, for example you can grab them and headbutt, punch, or knee someone.

or even throw them, or drag them to a wall and bash their head into it. and try and incorporate environmental moves like dragging them to a car door and slamming their head between the door, or put them in the trunk.

Didn't they have that in San Andreas, where you could knee someone in the face a couple of times...or am I thinking of another game

yea they did, but it was only part of a combo move for kickboxing. im talking about doing it in general, like running up to an old lady and BAM!! knee to the face.

Muay Thai actually.

Im assuming since this is GTA.... you will be able to walk around with a gun and no one will care.

true, but inside a store, that would be more likely to happen.

Something similar to Sleeping Dogs for me - simple to use but had a number of combos that were quite different - with different fighting styles for each protagonist which can be expanded on by visiting gyms or dojos. Ninja stealth kills would be pretty awesome too....

I don't care for any martial arts in GTA. Strictly uppercuts and left hooks for me.

I do agree that they should go to town with Melee though, especially considering the franchise has taken a more realistic swing from the PS2 era. I feel that there is a greater likelihood of murdering someone with a hammer or screwdriver than an explosive tipped sniper round. It's all about accessibility, they should bring back DIY shops for sure, and of course IV's ability to pick shit up off the floor. Perhaps broken glass, glass bottles, shards of metal, etc... could make good knife substitutes when you're unprepared.

By considering the info we got this month, I think... the melee system will be improved over IV. We'll know it eventually.

In the trailer it shows hand to hand combat, it showed the classic IV push back and Trevor hitting a guys head against a table. Doubt the Trevor one was part of a scene.

In the trailer it shows hand to hand combat, it showed the classic IV push back and Trevor hitting

a guys head against a table. Doubt the Trevor one was part of a scene.

The "Trevor one" was more than likely definitely part of a mission cutscene.

One would expect those moves in normal hand to hand, after seeing the trailer.

I'm hoping Franklin would be a mized martial artist so he would do jiu jitsu and boxing. Trevor having boxing the same used in rdr and Michael being a Liam Neeson.

I think each character will have different fighting styles and the ability to learn new moves will not be in the game. Trevor will have a more 'dirty' fighting style, maybe kick to the balls etc, Franklin more brutal with elbows and punt kicks to the head whilst there down, Michael will be more efficient, clean and precise.

But can always be wrong which is probably the case!

• Like 1

I agree, and i feel that we should have 3 or 4 different styles to choose from, and like you said learn them or learn certain moves. I know some people are like "all i need is an AK and i will fuck people up" but in reality a criminal needs to be good with his hands. So to add to the realism of the game fighting should be a big part of it in my opinion. For one character at least!

In all honesty i just want to dropkick someone off of mount chilliad.....see ya....

i hope they add some sort of grappleing mechanic, like where you can grab someone and pull their head down and knee the shit outta their face, or if you knock them down press that grab button and you get on top of them and proceed to pound their face into a bloody pulp

• and after they die or lose conscientiousness grab them to carry their body, or hold the button to drag and be able to throw it in a river or put it in a trunk or something.

Defo take some pointers from the warriors like smashing heads into walls or smashing a bottle over someone's head and then using the neck of the bottle as a honky knife