DuPz0r

GTA V Story Predictions/Influences

I was bored and i started thinking about how the story may start in this GTA. There is obviously endless possibilities, but with the trailer clues and the confirmation of Los Santos and surrounding land, i stated to narrow down some ideas in my mind. I know most of you wont really care too much about this until you play it, but there's no harm in discussing it.

The protagonist mentions in the trailer, why did i move here? That's a clue he's only just got there, and possibly by chance after quitting his old line of work? He mentions having kids, but that doesn't mean he actually has any yet. Also, Rockstar are still being tight lipped about the rest of the map so far. So this could hint to a something extra we weren't quite expecting beyond Los Santos.

My first prediction:

You start off in a 4-door family car, with your wife. You control the vehicle, and have to drive through some nice rural landscapes, passing through small towns along the way. You guys are talking about all the things you're going to do when you get to the new house, decorating and stuff, blah blah... Then suddenly a blacked out Sentinel rams into the back of their car. Two more are tailing them. The protagonist says something like "Shit, they've found us", and you now have to try and lose them whilst they ram and shoot at your car. You go off-road over some rocky terrain, and start to follow a "set route" (set, being you don't know you're following it, you just do it because the map is set in a way you just follow the semiotic signs) and then the cars eventually do their set barrel roll routines and diving off of canyon edges, missing a bridge, and those sorts of animations after a nice lengthy chase.

The protag and his wife have a little talk about the incident after finally shaking them, getting back onto a freeway. You go through a toll booth and enter Los Santos, triggering a nice little radio message saying "The weather is perfect here in Los Santos today, here's a perfect song to compliment that". And as you drive through Los Santos to your new house, the set song creates an upbeat feel as you take in all the landmarks along the way.

Welcome to Los Santos everyone! :)

Ok, so that's my first prediction. Just to get the juices flowing.

Post you own predictions, as frequently as you like. It doesn't just have to be how the story starts. You may have a certain mission in your head, that you feel we may come across during the game, and want to get it off your chest. It could just be a place to express what you really want from the GTA V Story though (not game mechanics and misc stuff though, use the pinned, What are you looking for in GTA5? thread for that).

Get writing!

/edit - date: 12/11/12

----------------------------------------------------

Now we know that the story revolves around 'heists'. Can anyone think of any decent heist films? Classic would be better, i guess, as Dan only takes influence from classic material. Dan Houser & Rockstar North must have taken influence from some. I'd like to get the references when i play it!

Here are some I already know of:

Films to watch before playing GTA V

Ocean's Eleven (1960)

Snatch. (2000)

Heat (1995) - Already used in IV though, maybe some other parts of the film will be referenced in V.

Reservoir Dogs (1992)

Jackie Brown (1997)

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998)

The Sting (1973)

The Italian Job (1969)

The Getaway (1972)

Swordfish (2001)

A Fish Called Wanda (1988)

Heist (2001)

Ronin (1998)

The Asphalt Jungle (1950)

The Town (2010)

Drive (2011)

Ambush (1939)

Rififi (1955)

The Killing (1956)

Seven Thieves (1960)

The Big Snatch (1963)

Topkapi (1964)

Gambit (1966)

Robbery (1967)

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968)

A Cop (1972)

Charley Varrick (1973)

The Brink's Job (1978)

The First Great Train Robbery (1978)

The Score (2001)

Bank Shot (1974)

Loophole (1981)

Ocean's Eleven (2001)

Ocean's Twelve (2004)

Ocean's Thirteen (2007)

Sexy Beast (2000)

Inside Man (2006)

Mission: Impossible (1996)

The Man Inside (1958)

Fun with Dick and Jane (1977)

• Like 4

Ok so i got a little inspired by dupzors prediction.

Im going to name the protag ned just to make it easier.

The scene starts, ned is in the back seat of a car, the driver says ' so are you all set? Have your passport and papers?' Ned 'where is my son?' ' we told you, you cant see them, not now, its not safe'

The car pulls up at an airport ( possibly liberty city or something) the guy in the front seat gives ned a ticket that reads los santos san andreas. ' agent kelly will take you to the safehouse on the other side and remeber ned your john taylor from now on'

Ned gets out of the car into the airport, changes to scene of airaplane setting off and ariving in los santos, ned meets agent kelly, and gets in a car with him to his new home, cut scene of the city and landscapes.

You arive at your safehouse, the next day ned gets a letter, it reads: you want your son? Be a dad like all the other dads? Go to the payphone. you call the cops, he dies '

Thats as far as i got, it just some basic ideas.

• Like 1

My Idea is that this guy was an old mob boss, but shit got to real back home (Maybe VC) he comes here all classy n shit is his Gucci suit (Or GTA equivalent) and he has all his money on him cuz the banks froze his accounts or some reason, idk. he still thinks he's the shit, but his shit gets trampled on when he get mugged first thing outside the airport. they steal everything, all his money is gone and his dream of starting a new is gone because all he can do to even survive is steal.

• Like 1

i too think dupzur thought of a great story, that could very much happen, nice imagination! its hard for me to think of one since i have so many ways i would love to see play out,

I predict no one will be able to predict the story of GTA, as a predictable story will be shitty.

Fair point, but predictions aren't always "predictable predictions". People know R* North take inspiration from popular film and culture, so there is an element of predictability there.

It's only a bit of fun to keep us busy until we get more information anyway,

Keep writing!

• Like 2

Well, I predict the start of the game will be you moving to Los Santos, starting at the edge of the map in your car, and driving to your place in LS, with all the scenery along the way, maybe a few world events like car chases and such.

I predict u will b white, in your 40s. Possibly with your family.

Something happens to family (mafia,cops,black guys) and the whole game is u looking for them and doing random missions for each bit of info to find your family

Guest Marney1

I'm thinking our voiceover has had enough of crime not paying (enough) and decided to move out to L.A. to invest his ill gotten gains in real estate, snapping up as many repossessed properties he can in the hope the housing market will - one day soon, get back on it's feet.

Everything is going nice for the first few months; chilling by the pool, going on family walks in Griffith Park, playing tennis with his new business associates and going shopping for the weekend barbeque while snapping up some killer deals at the expense of the newly jobless middle class.

He gets introduced to some big investors who have a win win plan to build a new upmarket skyscraper downtown where the rich and famous can flock to get away from the riff raff on the streets below. He wants in but all his cash is tied up in these now empty properties and there's still no buyers.

He makes a few calls back to where he came from and asks a former criminal assossiate to lend him the cash explaining that a huge [and honest] profit is guaranteed based on the new project. His 'friend' from back home turns up on a flight with a suitcase full of cash which unbeknownst to our protagonist is actually stolen money - stolen from their old boss of bosses.

With goons from back home disrupting the project and threatening him and the other investors unless they get their bosses' money back together with compensation his only option is to reluctantly review the offer of the west coast mob who try to convince him they're his only chance.

He decides to once again decline the offer and instead gets his own band of merry men to carry out some major headline grabbing robberies and heists. That way once he's got the cash together for the old boss back home he'll have no one to thank except himself plus no loose strings to cut with his would-be new friends - the west coast mob, that way he can return to living the honest life again.

• Like 1

The old dude (Ned) looks more like a CEO/boss of a big corporation (maybe he's the ceo of the company for which the skyscraper is built?) rather than a mob boss.

He's a family guy and moved with his wife to Los Santos to build a new headquarter/office building for the corporation he owns and maybe have some kids, but the company becomes bankrupt, his wife gets pregnant and poor Ned needs to do nasty stuff so he can take care of his family.

I have a rich imagination... but I would kinda like to see that in the game. It would give realism and passion to it.

Sorry 'bout my english, it's not my native language.

I have no idea why you're apologizing, your English is great. Which is sad, considering that we have American and English members who couldn't form a coherent sentence to save their lives.

• Like 3

I have no idea why you're apologizing, your English is great. Which is sad, considering that we have American and English members who couldn't form a coherent sentence to save their lives.

Thanks. We also that kind of people in my country (which are beaten hard by the grammer of their own language).

I actually know a guy who can speak, read, and write fluently in five languages, but put him in front of a computer and you won't be able to read a thing he types.

But, on topic, I like your idea. All other GTA protagonists were already criminals, so I like your idea of a guy earning a living legitimately and being forced into a life of crime.

I actually know a guy who can speak, read, and write fluently in five languages, but put him in front of a computer and you won't be able to read a thing he types.

But, on topic, I like your idea. All other GTA protagonists were already criminals, so I like your idea of a guy earning a living legitimately and being forced into a life of crime.

Haha, I can speak german, spanish, italian, few words/sentences in russian and some in ukranian but I'm best at writing in english.

Regarding the story prediction/anticipation and gameplay hopes, Rockstar should definitely check this forum out and pick some ideas from here.

I'm going to bounce this one off the wall and say that the voice over we hear in the trailer is a sarcastic monologue by the character as he explains what he's doing in this part of town. I'm more than likely to be wrong in this, but it could be an interesting thought to entertain.

I'm going to bounce this one off the wall and say that the voice over we hear in the trailer is a sarcastic monologue by the character as he explains what he's doing in this part of town. I'm more than likely to be wrong in this, but it could be an interesting thought to entertain.

Now if I really think about it, his tone does sound pretty sarcastic.