mocha

GTA V Confirmed to be only Los Santos

In a very recent interview dan houser confirmed GTA V being in only los santos. Im kinda bummed but hey he says its gonna be huge. So yes im not lying he did say this in an interview there will be countryside thought

This is just for everyone who thinks GTA V will have san fierro and LAS venturas.

link for confirmation.

You just released the GTA V trailer. Can you talk about that project in any respect? Obviously, it looks like it's going back to San Andreas.

I've got to be real careful here, or they will drag me through the office and whip me with barbwire. I will stick to exactly what's in the press release. It's Los Santos and the surrounding counryside - and a very big map.

Edited by TreeFitty
added quote
  • Like 1

That should cut down on the noob posts a little. Shame it took an actual response from Dan Houser to do it, when the announcement said the exact same thing and people didn't pay attention.

Still, you've done a great service to the forums, assuming it actually does lessen the noob posts somewhat.

• Like 1

Because you made the sensible and organized 'Argument for San Fierro and Las Venturas' topic, I'm just going to wait and see how things turn out rather than bash your opinion. Anyone else is fair game, though.

Still not totally convinced. He basically just said, "I can't say anything outside the press release so I'm just going to repeat the press release."

He did specifically say Los Santos this time as opposed to southern California.

Because you made the sensible and organized 'Argument for San Fierro and Las Venturas' topic, I'm just going to wait and see how things turn out rather than bash your opinion. Anyone else is fair game, though.

It's not like I think they're likely to appear. I just don't think the Dan Houser quote says anything. Like I said, all I did was pretty much say, "I'm not allowed to talk about anything so I'll just defer to the press release." If he said something like, "San Fierro and Las Venturas won't be in it" or "Las Santos is the only city in the game," then yeah, I'd concede.

If the other two cities are in the game, I'm guessing they want to do a surprise reveal. Really amp up the anticipation.

On a side note, I really don't understand why people don't think we can have three really detailed cities. Everyone says that Rockstar can't do three really big, really detailed cities. To that I just point to Skyrim. If Bethesda can do it, Rockstar sure as hell can.

Agreed, but I just keep going back to the fact that San Andreas' story felt weird to me because the cites were so different. They're more than capable of putting all three cities in the game, I just feel like one city fits better, one continuous theme throughout the game, rather than three different themes that don't really fit together.

• Like 1

Agreed, but I just keep going back to the fact that San Andreas' story felt weird to me because the cites were so different. They're more than capable of putting all three cities in the game, I just feel like one city fits better, one continuous theme throughout the game, rather than three different themes that don't really fit together.

Yeah, but it would be so badass to drive from Los Santos to San Fierro on their version of I5 lol. Give it a "California theme."

I'm just glad to hear anything official on Gta 5, even if it isn't a whole lot.

Btw when did you get the January Game Informer because I've been waiting for it to come in the mail.

Personally I'm happy it's only Los Santos. That leaves SF and LV for another game, in more detail on the next generation of consoles. It is definitely worth waiting for.

Well that's some nice little news at least, just hearing really big map gets you excited :D Probably means the biggest map yet out of any game they have ever made, cant wait, it will make the online much better and back up the idea of 32 people on XBL and PSN now. However I wouldn't completely still count out the other 2 places xD I mean come on he's not exactly denying them but I do think there's a good chance they wont be in this because they're probably making it realistic :/

Finally, The Rock has come back, to Los Santos!

We knew this anyway. I'm glad he mentioned it's a very big map though. Because from the trailer, you didn't really see much in terms of scale. Sure you had a couple of quick rocky and mountain shots, but nothing long enough to picture the scale of the map. From what we've seen of Los Santos in the trailer, it doesn't seem that big either.

Now he's told us the map is very big, we know there will be multiple village locations instead of multiple big cities. I liked the little rural towns in San Andreas, and the little woodland shacks. It's all good!

My only concern is that it will get the ' just cause ' treatment, copy and paste of the little villages just so they can say its a huge map. I doubt R* would do that but u never no.

There MUST BE more cities than one. Remember all previous GTA titles: There always where at least three main cities or city parts. GTA - three areas of a city. GTA 2 also. GTA III: Portland Island, Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale. GTA: Vice City: Vice City Main Land, Vice City Beach, Starfish Island and Prawn Island. (It´s been a while, so i don´t remember wich one u had to unlock). GTA: San Andreas: Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas. GTA IV: Bohan, Dukes, Algonquin, Broker and last but not least: Alderney. R* is still holding back informations. I don´t think that they will create a game with a map, where you can go wherever you want from the first second you are playing. And a "small county" outside Los Santos wouldn´t be worth it.

• Like 1

....Liberty City, and Vice City were both just one city broken into different sections.

Los Santos could very well be the same way. We just don't know anything about it's full layout or the full contents of the countryside yet. At this point we know next to nothing, much less enough to claim that there "MUST BE more cities than one."

....Liberty City, and Vice City were both just one city broken into different sections.

Like i said: There always where at least three main cities or city parts.

Sure those sections were separated, but there a map in the previous games was made out of islands or significant parts. there was water between every section or a significant border. but if you have one city - and i´m talking about a city that´s not like LC, made up of a couple of islands, like LS a.k.a. LA - there would be just a few stupid ways to frequent that. So i still guess there will be a map bigger than RDR, and with more than one city.

Like i said: There always where at least three main cities or city parts.

Sure those sections where separated, but there where islands. there was water between every section or a significant border. but if you have one city - and i´m talking about a city that´s not like LC, made up of a couple of islands, like LS a.k.a. LA - there would be just a few stupid ways to frequent that. So i still guess there will be a map bigger than RDR, and with more than one city.

"There MUST BE more cities than one." -You

And I said no, there there doesn't need to be more cities then one.

Cities ---> San Andreas: LS, SF and LV

City Parts: For example GTA III: Portland Island, Staunton Island, Shoreside Vale.

Ok, but if there don´t need to be more cities than one, tell me how you would split the map up in sections (like R* made that in the previous GTA games).

For example:

Los Santos is one chunk, and the countryside is split off into different themed sections, i.e. desert, mountains, hills, etc.

Or they can split Los Santos into different sections, using the LA river as a dividing line. As for what the reason would be, I couldn't tell you as it would be highly plot specific.

What I'm getting at really is that we don't have any clue. And we won't have any clue for a good while.

P.S. - The cities they've split off into chunks already exist like that in some form in r/l. Just look at a map of Miami or New York.