Qdeathstar

What are you looking for in GTA5?

I created this topic because it is a staple of Grand Theft Auto websites. What kind of things are you all looking for in GTA5?

I'd like Rockstar to pick a new location maybe oversees for the next Grand Theft Auto. I'd also like to see them focus less on realism than they did for GTA4, (more like GTA-Sanandreas) but not as outlandish as Saint's Row.

• Like 6

Yeah that's what I'm after. I don't mind if it's set in the US again, but I'd like more rural areas. A San Andreas based game on PS3/360 hardware would be ideal for me. I also want all of the features that GTA4 missed out on. Just stupid stuff like being able to hook up a trailer to trucks and drive around killing people when it jacknifes. Planes, helicopters, bicycles, jetski's, tanks... Destructible environments. Way more side missions and random stuff, a bit like the random people who come up to you on Red Dead Redemption. I could go on...

• Like 9

As Psy said, I would like to see a lot of little details incorporated again that were missing in GTA4 and a setting with more variety like SA would be awesome. Also, to me it seems like they toned down the humour a bit in GTA4, would like to see lots more in GTA5.

• Like 2

Id like to see more interactivity with the environment / vehicles / pedestrians, i wanna be able to kill someone in a back alley and throw them in the boot of my car and go dump them off a pier or something. And as mentioned a more destructive environment would be nice

• Like 6

Yeah, body disposal should be an important part of the game, killing people without immediately building up a wanted level. Also, if you kill a lone cop without anyone else seeing it, why do you still automatically get a wanted level? They need to fix that. Someone should have to call 911 or find a cop before you get a wanted level. When someone calls the police, the search radius circle should pop up immediately, but if you leave the area before a cop shows up, you don't get the wanted level. I just want a lot more realism when dealing with the police.

And of course, I'd like a little more customization. I don't want anything ridiculous like the San Andreas customization, I just want some reasonable options for my character's hair, facial hair, and tattoos, in addition to the clothing options, which I felt were reasonable in IV. I would like the next game to take place somewhere warmer though, so I'll have clothing options beyond coats and army surplus rags from Serbia.

• Like 11

I'm thinking customization to the level of Fallout. Also, it would be cool to have a mission where you have change your identity in order to complete some covert operation or some shit, giving you the ability To change your face, they shouldn't make you though. If you choose no to the enemies recognize you as an enemy which means you can't complete the mission covertly.

• Like 1

I know it may sound weird, but a full blown (working) theme park within the game would be epic. Not just 1 rollercoaster but a few, and a few other rides.

• Like 10

I expect they'll be taking a lot of inspiration from the popular features in RDR. Gang hideouts, gambling, interactive free roam, social club challenges, etc. I think some of the picky features everyone asks for before a new GTA game (petrol, ability to do x, a mission where you are able to do y, etc) are going to be ignored in favour of 'social' features, challenges, leaderboards, and suitable rewards (avatar awards in RDR were cool. Shame there were only nine, but they were probably testing the water).

Will be interesting to see how they handle outfits - will they stick to GTA IVs idea of clothes shops and a few special outfits you can unlock, or go with RDRs model of unlocking outfits as you complete a series of tasks? I think the shopping model applies to GTA IV better but RDRs outfit selection was MUCH more varied and interesting. In GTA IV I found myself using the same two outfits, where as in RDR I use a number of different ones. The selection was extremely limited in BOGT and LAD didn't bother at all. It will also be interesting to see if they give some outfits different bonuses too - but I suppose that all depends if Rockstar is going to go for realism again, or more of a relaxed/fun atmosphere. I guess RDR could get away with it more easily since the Western setting has an aura of fantasy about it. Maybe Rockstar will let us vary the outfits better by letting us choose our own colours or something? Who knows, I just hope we can have a larger number of decent outfits than GTA IV.

One thing I hope Rockstar does is make it less of a grind to progress in multiplayer. I do not want to have to grind to rank up and unlock stuff! Let me unlock guns/outfits by completing challenges if you want, but I don't want to have to play for 100s of hours to unlock everything I want to own. Maybe let people choose what they want to unlock at each rank rather than have a set order. The game is fundamentally a sandbox game, so there should be fewer restrictions than you get with a normal FPS game.

As far as the actual story goes, I'm open to ideas. America has the diversity you need so I expect GTA V will be set there. I'm more interested in having a better range of cars with better sounds and handling (GTA4 was an improvement, but you had Infernuses with jelly suspension), a good selection of guns (again with better sounds), and I'm also hoping for some more graphic gunplay. Sure you could get clouds of blood in GTA IV, but there was no dismemberment or anything like that. Improvements to the cover system are pretty much guaranteed so I look forward to that, too.

• Like 5

I know it may sound weird, but a full blown (working) theme park within the game would be epic. Not just 1 rollercoaster but a few, and a few other rides.

Ferris wheel sniping, so I agree.

• Like 4

Ferris wheel sniping, so I agree.

Do a bit of Beverly Hills Cop and cause havok.

• Like 1

I think if they took the variety of missions from Red Dead, the gameplay elements from San Andreas, the humour from Bully and mixed it with RAGE 2.0 and a sick soundtrack, GTA5 will be perfect. Seriously, mission-wise they nailed it on the head with Red Dead. And I needn't bother going into why the gameplay in SA was awesome nor the humour of Bully. Just do it, R*.

• Like 2

From what everyone's saying, they want GTA V to be a "Red Dead Car" in the same way that RDR was humourously called "Grand Theft Horse".

• Like 2

From what everyone's saying, they want GTA V to be a "Red Dead Car" in the same way that RDR was humourously called "Grand Theft Horse".

Why wouldn't we? R* hit the nail firmly on the head with the mission structure and variety of missions found in Red Dead. If they can carry that over into GTAV, they'll be guaranteed a sure-fire hit.

• Like 1

Why wouldn't we? R* hit the nail firmly on the head with the mission structure and variety of missions found in Red Dead. If they can carry that over into GTAV, they'll be guaranteed a sure-fire hit.

I wouldn't say that got it exactly right. I actually gave up playing RDR at one point because it took so long to get into it. I appreciate they have to help the learning curve, but they didn't have to put in a tutorial mission for every little feature. I think this was a complaint with SA and GTA IV too. It took SO LONG to get into the actual story and decent missions where you start killing townfolk that the game was downright boring for the first 3/4 hours, though it was probably worse in RDR thanks to the slow-as-fuck travelling in a monotonous landscape. If there's one thing Rockstar doesn't take from RDR, it should be that.

• Like 1

I think they should change the format of GTA5 so it's a first person shooter and/or RPG with level ups! Your class is based on race:

Chinese +INT +PER -CHR -STR

White +INT +LCK - AGL -PER

Mexican +END +STR +AGL -INT

Black -INT -LCK +END +STR

MIX +INT +LUCK -CHR -STR

• Like 2

Drop the black strength bonus for agility. Only Ving Rhames, Michael Clark Duncan, Terry Crews, and that guy from Friday are strong, the rest are just fast.

• Like 1

Oh yes, I remember the topic you made. Did you ever end up liking the game at any point?

Yeah I got into it, bought Undead Nightmare too. The tutorial missions just took too damn long.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say that got it exactly right. I actually gave up playing RDR at one point because it took so long to get into it. I appreciate they have to help the learning curve, but they didn't have to put in a tutorial mission for every little feature. I think this was a complaint with SA and GTA IV too. It took SO LONG to get into the actual story and decent missions where you start killing townfolk that the game was downright boring for the first 3/4 hours, though it was probably worse in RDR thanks to the slow-as-fuck travelling in a monotonous landscape. If there's one thing Rockstar doesn't take from RDR, it should be that.

I thought it was near-perfect, to be honest. And the 'slow-as-fuck travelling in a monotonous landscape' was something I thouroughly enjoyed doing. Even more so online when you were in a posse. Nothing more badass than seeing a group of four or five cowboys approach the town on horseback. It would be awesome if R* had some sort of country/rural area in GTAV where the folk still live like they did in the good ol' days.

• Like 1

I thought it was near-perfect, to be honest. And the 'slow-as-fuck travelling in a monotonous landscape' was something I thouroughly enjoyed doing. Even more so online when you were in a posse. Nothing more badass than seeing a group of four or five cowboys approach the town on horseback. It would be awesome if R* had some sort of country/rural area in GTAV where the folk still live like they did in the good ol' days.

lol

It's fine when you're exploring an area for the first time but when you're on your own (I was never talking about multiplayer so I'm not sure why you switched to talking about online posses) back and forth between Blackwater, Seth's chapel and Nigel West Dickens in Gaptooth Ridge with no way of fast travelling, only to find out you're learning how to pick flowers, it's exceptionally boring. A wild western shooter shouldn't take 5 hours before you actually do some shooting. GTA V better not make the same mistake.

• Like 1

I was trying to highlight the fact that regardless of whether you're online or offline, travelling from one place to another on horseback, despite how 'slow' it may be, can be awesome. It's not exactly like the game world has nothing in between A and B, anyway, R* added a shit load of side-missions to keep the player busy. I found it helps when you play some awesome music to accompany you, like 'Far Away'...

Guest Marney1

Proper Victory Dances need to be incoporated in some way; press this button for tea-baggng squat, press that button for moonwalk etc. I like to humiliate my victims in multiplayer but having to run round round them and crouch, stand, crouch is too much effort.

• Like 1

Saints Row 2 has taunts and compliments, but I'm guessing R* wouldn't want to hear the never-ending stream of shit about how they stole the idea from Saints Row. I doubt they would have put taunts in the game in the first place. It would be a good idea for multiplayer, at least.

• Like 1