Sign in to follow this  
JamieMilne

Rockstar News

Take-Two announced it has re-signed Sam Houser, Dan Houser and Leslie Benzies of Rockstar Games to a new, long-term employment deal. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Both Sam and Dan Houser helped found Rockstar Games back in 1998 and currently serve as President and Vice President of the company. Leslie Benzies has been a producer at Rockstar Games on the Grand Theft Auto series since 2001.

The current deal for these key people was set to expire on January 31, 2012. Take-Two is the parent company of Rockstar Games

from now until july 31st (11:59pm EST), chinatown wars and beaterator are on sale in the itunes app store... i am downloading them right now becuase i was waiting for them to go on sale... chinatown wars is $2.99 and beaterator is $0.99... easily a GREAT value... i've heard a lot of good things about chinatown wars and for $2.99, you can't beat that deal...

looking forward to trying it out later today...

Guest Marney1

lol

RockstarBase just closed up (and pointed people to some new site I think bought them out) so maybe Thomas will move into the area and go for it. :P

He said it was for personal reasons he couldn't yet explain so who knows? Loved what one of the comments said about me. :P Had to block him on Twitter because he was chatting shit and he flipped out.

Guest Marney1

I was wondering what you did to that kid.

I then followed him with my own account and listed him under "Homosexuals" - That really made him mad.

from now until july 31st (11:59pm EST), chinatown wars and beaterator are on sale in the itunes app store... i am downloading them right now becuase i was waiting for them to go on sale... chinatown wars is $2.99 and beaterator is $0.99... easily a GREAT value... i've heard a lot of good things about chinatown wars and for $2.99, you can't beat that deal...

or you could jail break your ipod like any other law abiding citizen who could care less about reading Apple's 13 page rules and regulations :o

Guest Marney1

Check It Out: The Great Gatsby... The Game?

GatsbyCover(1).jpg

The Great Gatsby is considered among many to be the great American novel. In other, occasionally intersecting circles, the NES is considered by nostalgists to be the seminal video game console. So it was merely a matter of time before someone breathed life into The Great Gatsby as a NES-styled platformer. Charlie Hoey and Pete Smith whipped up this four level, 8-bit style Flash version of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic novel. Replete with the disembodied eyes of Dr. T. J. Eckleburg, evil crabs, flappers and of course ghosts — because what platformer is complete without ghosts? As fans of literature and games we had to shoutout this gem. The unanswered question here: is this game a godsend to high school teachers trying to teach The Great Gatsby to uninterested students? Or the bane of their existence, as students erroneously await the point in the book when Nick has to fight devilish crabs?

Play The Great Gatsby here.

Why is this on the Rockstar Newswire? I can't figure it out, maybe there's nothing to figure out, maybe I'm missing the point entirely......

Image+%3D+It+Is+A+Mystery.jpg

Guest Marney1

Maybe R* will make a better game of the book? o_O

Actually that would be more along Team Bondi's lines at this point (with L.A. Noire). They'll just need to step back in time a little further and switch coasts. :P

There are changes ahead for them but they still have some interesting stories to tell. That's what a little dickie bird told me anyway - whatever that means.

Long island, new York (liberty) 1920's maybe hints at absolutely nothing because rockstar are fans of fucking with us.

It is also worth mentioning that team bondi has gone under administration. I know two people who worked there have been let go. (according to them rockstar didn't like the whole team anyway and the team felt the same way about rockstar.) there were a lot of things the team wanted the game to be and rockstar being the producer took a bit too much creative control and the Australian team resented them for that.

Wether or not the company can pull through the administration remains to be seen, but Australian support towards video game development is piss poor. There's no industry here, not for potential employees or potential companies.

or you could jail break your ipod like any other law abiding citizen who could care less about reading Apple's 13 page rules and regulations ohmy.gif

what's jailbreak do?? allow you to download the games for free?? yea, thanks for ripping off the companies that worked hard on their games and apps... who cares what apple's user agreement says, my ipod does everything i need it to do, i don't need it jailbroken... honestly, i don't really care about tech as much as a lot of men do... men seem to jizz over tech... that's not the case with me... i don't want to break something that works perfectly fine...

and call me old school, but i like to support developers and actually buy their products instead of stealing it...

or you could jail break your ipod like any other law abiding citizen who could care less about reading Apple's 13 page rules and regulations ohmy.gif

what's jailbreak do?? allow you to download the games for free?? yea, thanks for ripping off the companies that worked hard on their games and apps... who cares what apple's user agreement says, my ipod does everything i need it to do, i don't need it jailbroken... honestly, i don't really care about tech as much as a lot of men do... men seem to jizz over tech... that's not the case with me... i don't want to break something that works perfectly fine...

and call me old school, but i like to support developers and actually buy their products instead of stealing it...

I'm not defending jail breakers because I don't personally do it but I think there see benefits other than free games. Maybe a jailbkreaker could clue us in.

As for supporting developers, it's funny, before my iPhone I always ripped pc games. I've never even considered not buying the apps. At a few dollars a pop it's something I can feel good about supporting. And they are usually more than worth the few dollars they cost.

Jailbreaking isnt all about ripping people off for there apps. In the jailbreak world there are actually apps that aren't avalable on the appstore, also, you can change themes, icons, layouts, keyboards, what the buttons do when you press them, different locking methods, and shit loads of others. I jailbreak my ipod because of all the upgrades you can make to it that make it cooler and possibly work better

People wanted there Ipods to be unique, not the same as everyone elses. I still have a first gen, That Ipod has one of the sickest layouts and options in it. Only if the battery lasted more than 3 hours and the LCD didn't have water damage. Still love it