Roman

What if cars require gas?

It was a wasted feature in Mafia, it was just as wasted in Mafia II.

What happens when your car runs out of gas? You abandon it and steal a new one. Why? Cause its GRAND THEFT AUTO. <_<

• Like 2

yes. that would make a use for hybrids. and make it so your car can be hot, so if you have a stolen car, you can respray it and your good (like Mafia 3) and then, instead of stealing a new car and spending money on paint and fake license plates, you can just fill up our own. you get what im saying?

I doubt they will implement such a feature in GTA. It would be as pointless as a feature where friends ring you up to go bowling and oh wait...

If they do put a gas feature in it will just encourage me to jack more vehicles.

As it would be utterly useless to actually use the feature (like the carwash in IV), it would on the other side vamp up the chases. Car's wrecked? Grab another one... But shit luck on you cause the lady you just jacked forgot to fill it up :) Anyway, if they make police awareness a bit more intelligent, it could bring something to the game. It'd still give you time to change cars with a bit of a timewindow, not just frantically cause the police are 360 degrees on your ass OR there is, very suddenly, not a single car to be spotted in the entire street! :) (if you're in the middle of a high speed chase, well then... time to get creative I guess...) ;-)

A tank of gas is good for three hundred miles... Once you get 4 stars the military is going kamikaze on your ass... Your car will be destroyed way before you run out of gas, ergo no need for refueling.... Unless your going to turn gta into a strategy game....

Here is something you can't understand, how my iphone could just kill a man.

R* put a gazillion of "useless" (guess that's a matter of personal likes rather than a matter of fact) things in every GTA. Why not functional gas stations? Adds some more realism to the game, just like the car wash did and the friends-system did and the minigames did an so on...

and once you get 4 stars a tank of gas is no way near good for 300 miles, I doubt you run from the cops at 35mph :whistle:

• Like 3

The gas would defo be an exciting, useful and realistic feature, as this will be the biggest map to date apparently, so if you run out of gas in the desert what are you gonna do? I doubt there'll be many cars out there lol I love the idea

I can get 300 gallons a tank going 70mph in my truck.... Play gta 4 with a four star wants level and see how many miles you drive before the car is trashed, I'm going with 50 miles max... No where near being close to running out of gas...

Most cars. Nowadays get 25 to 35mpg with a tank 20 to 30 gallons.... Do the math

Well,the idea is not bad,but if you are in nowhere and and you have a unquie vehicle which is run out of gas....

Maybe R* put a ''Gas-refill'' Cheat or something else like this.

Also able to turn the fuction on and off

I have issues with the idea, i dont want to have to be tailin someone and then have to stop to put gas in however, i did like it in mafia 2. I think that it could work, just make sure you fill up before a misson. And imagine if you rob a car with hardly any petrol, then trying to get away from the police, that could be an interesting twist. As long as gas stations arent few and far between then i wouldnt mind it. It could be a new job, like a cab driver etc, you could have to fill up peoples cars and get money, that way at the start if you have enough money for gas you can earn some (assuming you also dont wanna risk jackin a new car)

Pointless, it's not like it's difficult to get out and jack another car in a few seconds. It would be a cool feature if it was there, but I wouldn't be complaining if it wasn't. And if the game is anything like SA, there will be a lot to spend your money on. Unlike in IV where there was nothing to spend it on...

I can get 300 gallons a tank going 70mph in my truck.... Play gta 4 with a four star wants level and see how many miles you drive before the car is trashed, I'm going with 50 miles max... No where near being close to running out of gas...

Most cars. Nowadays get 25 to 35mpg with a tank 20 to 30 gallons.... Do the math

but that doesnt account for full throttle driving like you would when evading cops, these figures are given for normal/economic driving. think about it

You would continuously be at full throttle and you'd still get at least 10 to 15 mpg

depending on the car... a lambo gallardo does about 15mpg driving normal, a smart-car does the same pedal to the metal style. but I guess we're drifting a little too far off topic here.

I get many ppl don't see a point in it, but the fuel-system works pretty well in mafia 2 (where you could also just jack a new car once you ran empty), I don't see no reason why it wouldn't work in GTA aswell. either you use it or not, just like with every other sidekick available in games. Let's see what R* thinks about which gimmicks the game must have

I'd rather have a random percentage of my car cutting out/stalling/suddenly breaking than running out of PETROL, as that would be more realistic imho. Either that, or have the fuel tank like 1+ hour of gameplay's worth of fuel, since you can get from 1 end of a GTA game to the other in around 15 minutes tops at full speed in a fast car, so it'd be difficult to scale down real cars to a GTA game I think.

The only reason i'd give a shit about the fuel would be if the car I was in was really rare or one i'd modded (assuming that was possible). I rarely recall a time where i'm in a car long enough to potentially use a tank of fuel anway. So it would only affect me personally if the amount of fuel in pedestrian cars was random, meaning you could drive for a further 1 minute or 100.

I say no to the mechanic, but wouldn't moan if it was in the game.

I like this idea because you can actually have a good use for gas stations, mabey there will be a car wash built into part of the building and mabey you can go in the place and pay or pay at pump, or drive away and dont pay. It would also be good if you could drain gas out of cars - sabotage- theres a mob boss that will come out of a building and get into his limo soon, you could make sure he doest leave. I would like if your car gets shot up like gas and stuff leaks out and it could blow up or run out of fuel.

Fucking christ. I LOVE these threads.

That would be so cool if you had to fill up your car in the game. You could go to the gas station and pull up like you are going to pump gas, then you get out and there is like, an animation of you pumping gas and then you can walk inside and get a scratch off lotto ticket and a frozen fruit drink.

It would also be just as cool to make you have to take shits after you eat food, so while you are at the gas station, you can wait in line to use their bathroom, but if you run out of stomach space, you shit your pants and then you have crusty pants and have to get a new pair because you can't walk anymore.

• Like 2