Guest Marney-1

Max Payne 3 - ***Use SPOILER tags***

Guest LA Noire

MAXPAYNE3castingcall2.GIF

MAXPAYNE3castingcall.GIF

Al Nazemian's Resume had this removed:

May - June2010

Did face scanning, motion capture & voiceover for videogame 'Max Payne 3': Sao Paulo Knights. Voiceover in English & Portuguese.

Feb. 2010

Got cast as Dr. Arthur Fisher in videogame Max Payne 3 for Rockstar Games.

This looks pretty interesting, like certain parts of Uncharted 2, minus the acrobatics and partial family-friendlyness. Epic.

Er, it reminds me of parts of Uncharted, that is. It doesn't look like an epic adventure game at all, just brutal, gritty shootouts. Much better chance of me buying this than L.A. Noire.

Second one likely takes place at the start of the game, where he's still, uh, what, a cop? Then later, shit hits the fan and he, for some reason, decides to shave his head but let the beard go unchecked?

Guest Marney1

Fast-paced, highly advanced and furiously violent, Max Payne returns with the most sophisticated, stylized shooting action, and a dark and deeply immersive story following one of the most iconic characters in videogames. 12 years after the events of Max Payne 2, Max finds himself in Sao Paulo, Brazil, where security work is plentiful but the risks are high. But murder and betrayal dog his every step, and once again, Max is thrust into the heart of a brutal city with nothing but his weapons and his instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.

Back at last, gaming's most world weary cop is back - although he's not the man you might remember. It's been six years since the last sequel and Max is now working in Brazil, employed as personal security for a wealthy local family.

This swaps the dark streets of New York for the bright sunshine (and dangerous slums) of Sao Paulo. Despite such radical changes the third person action will still be familiar, including the series' famous use of The Matrix style bullet time.

Of course bullet time is no longer the novelty it once was, so here it's evolved to not just slow down time but allow you to perform special moves while everyone else is stuck in slow motion. There's also a new cover system and one of the most interactive environments ever seen in a game. The old Max Payne is gone, the new one should be even better.

Couldn't have timed starting this thread any better. I've never played Max Payne #1 or #2 - anyone else?

Jesus, you never ever played Any of the Max Payne's? The first one was epic and ahead of it's time. I wonder how they're going to relate this one to the old ones... with a completely different setting and character (basically).

Guest Marney1

Jesus, you never ever played Any of the Max Payne's? The first one was epic and ahead of it's time. I wonder how they're going to relate this one to the old ones... with a completely different setting and character (basically).

Well, you know me, I'm not really into video games. :mellow:

No but seriously, I'd obviously heard of Max Payne back in in the day but that type of action game never really appealed to me at the time. If you're saying the original one was 'ahead of it's time' then I obviously missed out. Keep seeing PS1's & PS2's going really cheap and the games are like £3 each, I'll pick the old classics up sometime, I just know it.

Couldn't have timed starting this thread any better. I've never played Max Payne #1 or #2 - anyone else?

I've only ever seen/played a demo of the first one. At least I think it was the first one, it must've been since it was that long ago I used to buy the PS magazines.

Guest Marney

MaxPayne_SniperRifle.PNG

I think we've really got something to look forward to here, I think the story will be a good one.

No pleasing Hitler though...

Well, you know me, I'm not really into video games. :mellow:

No but seriously, I'd obviously heard of Max Payne back in in the day but that type of action game never really appealed to me at the time. If you're saying the original one was 'ahead of it's time' then I obviously missed out. Keep seeing PS1's & PS2's going really cheap and the games are like £3 each, I'll pick the old classics up sometime, I just know it.

Get them on PC if your PC can handle it (Max payne is like 2001 it should be able to) So much better.

Whilst looking at 3D environment artists online, i came across Jason Lavoie. He claims to have worked on the Favela level in the first announcement screenshots for Max Payne 3. I don't see why he'd lie.

Anyway, here is his portfolio: http://www.jasonlavoie.net/ The Max Payne screens are at the bottom of his page.