Kwarb

Weather and Setting

I was wondering about your thoughts on the weather and setting aspects to the game. do you think weather should affect just visuals in the game like the caractor getting soaked when its raining or sweating when its hot, or do you think it should cross over into gameplay, like if it is windy it can affect your driving in open areas, or other things. Just give me your thoughts below and please STAY ON TOPIC.

• Like 3

I dont really care too much. I doubt were going to get snow though, since if they were going to do it, gta 4 would be where it would have made the most since

There were some puddles that "not-CJ" was running through in the trailer, might be cool if streets could get flooded during storms. Could also get annoying, but they could probably make it happen infrequent enough since it doesn't rain often in SoCal

• Like 2

i think fog should be fog and actually give you like a 20m visual range instead of like in GTA 4 where the fog meant the colour of the sky changed and every so often you'd get a big mass of gray across the screen. flooding... i think that should be localized to like the country areas and not the downtown or heavily built up areas. unless it is a flood of like 2-4 inches and you had to control your speed or the electrics would cut out and the car would stop (like in real life). but even then, i think it should only happen once you have completed the game or aren't doing any missions for a while and it should only last a few in-game hours at most

• Like 2

by setting i mean like the area the charactor is in if he is in the country or the city, how weather affects things

i think flooding might make the game too difficult, but its not a bad idea. maybe somthing like that could be part of one of the missons.

by setting i mean like the area the charactor is in if he is in the country or the city, how weather affects things

i think flooding might make the game too difficult, but its not a bad idea. maybe somthing like that could be part of one of the missons.

No. That would be really stupid. Plus it doesnt flood in Los Angeles....

RDR springs to mind, walking out of the Armadillo saloon in the torrential rain and hearing John's footsteps squelching in the mud. I think more variety of weather would suit me.

Just an idea, but since cars can become dirty in GTA IV perhaps the same addition could be made to the character model, adding an alpha layer of dirt and grime if you happen to spend a lot of time in the countryside. This would facilitate the need to change clothes now and again, meaning you won't go through the game dressed in only one set of clothes.

it would be cool if when it starts raining that peds start pulling out umbrellas and if when its snowing you see a lot of peds with winter coats on

• Like 3

Would be cool if there was more than just rain. Doubt it will snow, but I think there could still be snow in the game. Not snowing, but just there on the mountains. It would be cool if rain turned the desert sand into mud, and small things like that.

• Like 1

This would facilitate the need to change clothes now and again, meaning you won't go through the game dressed in only one set of clothes.

Interesting...I really like this idea.

They had laudromats in IV, I think you could just rob them, but maybe you could use those to remove blood stains, dirt, etc from your clothes. Kind of like the car wash in IV... doesn't really add much to the game but they're there, might as well give them a purpose.

ya i have only played RDR for like 5 mins, but if the weather portion of the game is done right, they could fix it up so it matches the rest of GTA 5 and then i think it would look and feel even better. and I was talking about another persons comment Br1ns4n, and yes it could flood in Los angeles because it is a coastal city, and if any large storm came thru and eather flooded the city, or pipes broke in the city because of an earthquake ( LA is on the San Andreas Fault) it could cause a small flood. Not like Katrina or anything, but just a few inches or so in the streets.

This would facilitate the need to change clothes now and again, meaning you won't go through the game dressed in only one set of clothes.

They had laudromats in IV, I think you could just rob them, but maybe you could use those to remove blood stains, dirt, etc from your clothes. Kind of like the car wash in IV... doesn't really add much to the game but they're there, might as well give them a purpose.

I like this idea Alot. instead of eating a hot dog to get rid of blood stained clothes, you can have them washed in like a game day or somthing. it would take away the abilty to wear the same clothes all the time if you want them to be clean for a date or just raise your sex appeal if they bring that stat back. Clean clothes is a must to look like a boss. even Al Capone had clean clothes.

There ya go see ViceMan got it right

I think that setting wise, The map should in the pause menu should show ares like the city limits. So if you want publlic transportation out of the city you have to get on a bus. And you should be able to shoot guns out of the city limits like in real life. I think weather wise, i hope it snows in the mountains. It should be very rare for it to happen, but its realistic if it does. and i hope the time of the game doesnt change throught the story line. In Gta SA it stayed summer all the time, and i hope gta 5 does the same.

And in the desert, the gorund should get muddy if it rains, and it should obviously be hot, and the charactor should sweat because of the heat to make it more realistic. The forest should be as detailed as possible, and the leaves and plants should get wet when it rains also. The rain should be redone so it is more realistic than gta 4. the grass was all flat n stuff and it had the same rain texture as the street, and i could barely tell the difference. The water should collect on the side of the streets, and it should raise the water level in the rivers a few inches. In the desert when it rains, there should be alot of lightning like when arizona gets its monsoons.

I was also hoping they improved the lighting, like the sunsets should be more crisp, and so should night time. even if the graphics are killer, and everything is good on the ground, the sky needs to look clear and crisp like in real life. If they want it to be realistic, it needs to look better than gta 4

Guest Marney-1

In one of the missions they should have a tsunami and ur character is supposed to flee los santos and go to liberty city. That would be an awsome mission.

Dunno about anyone else but I'd be pissed off if I had to go back there.

In one of the missions they should have a tsunami and ur character is supposed to flee los santos and go to liberty city. That would be an awsome mission.

I would be too, it would just be BS. That is a little too saints row for me. A tsunami would be pretty stupid anyway, but having to go back to Liberty City, that takes it to a whole nother level.

ya i have only played RDR for like 5 mins, but if the weather portion of the game is done right, they could fix it up so it matches the rest of GTA 5 and then i think it would look and feel even better. and I was talking about another persons comment Br1ns4n, and yes it could flood in Los angeles because it is a coastal city, and if any large storm came thru and eather flooded the city, or pipes broke in the city because of an earthquake ( LA is on the San Andreas Fault) it could cause a small flood. Not like Katrina or anything, but just a few inches or so in the streets.

I like this idea Alot. instead of eating a hot dog to get rid of blood stained clothes, you can have them washed in like a game day or somthing. it would take away the abilty to wear the same clothes all the time if you want them to be clean for a date or just raise your sex appeal if they bring that stat back. Clean clothes is a must to look like a boss. even Al Capone had clean clothes.

I love the idea, but i dont want it to take an ingame day, i want it to take as long as like ordering a hot dog on gta iv just give it like 30 seconds, AND EVEN BETTER, you can push random people into the laundry machine and watch them spin and die!

• Like 1

Because realistically, people would shrink down to fit in the laundry machine and wait passively for you to close the hatch and turn the machine on.

• Like 2

I would like it if wind played more of factor this time around from a light breeze to very violent winds that cause trash cans to roll around and actually affects the player's movement by making your character move slower walking into the wind and slightly increasing your speed when your moving with the wind.

icon11.gif

RDR springs to mind, walking out of the Armadillo saloon in the torrential rain and hearing John's footsteps squelching in the mud. I think more variety of weather would suit me.

Just an idea, but since cars can become dirty in GTA IV perhaps the same addition could be made to the character model, adding an alpha layer of dirt and grime if you happen to spend a lot of time in the countryside. This would facilitate the need to change clothes now and again, meaning you won't go through the game dressed in only one set of clothes.

Woah woah...I can't comprehend this post...it's too logical and probable and outright a good idea for a game. This kind of post does not belong in the GTA V discussion. Please just bring your intellect too the asylum and let it be gone with.

yo true boss, Al had clean clothes just go get the bitches even tho he had mad money and could afford that shit during the great depression of the 1930s where looking like a dirtbag was the cool thing to do.

I was also hoping they improved the lighting, like the sunsets should be more crisp, and so should night time. even if the graphics are killer, and everything is good on the ground, the sky needs to look clear and crisp like in real life. If they want it to be realistic, it needs to look better than gta 4

To my experience playing games on a high end pc....I find myself downloading lighting mods to make the game look better that change the gemes ENB. I say they should make some shit that has a good ENB injector to start with but it might be a limitation of the console power thing.

I just start fallout 3, but i know i can get an ENB right off the bat that will make the game look better.

I would be too, it would just be BS. That is a little too saints row for me. A tsunami would be pretty stupid anyway, but having to go back to Liberty City, that takes it to a whole nother level.

I totally had a comment for this, but it was more or less a flame on the original go back to liberty city thing that you just covered how its a really stupid idea...so as I'm posting hammered, just gonna say thanks...