Sign in to follow this  
Ostrich Boy

GTA 5 Wii U?

I thought that there were alot of mature, intelligent members on this site who choose to not ride any consoles electronic dick, or beat a console 1 year from release that that they barely know anything about to death. This thread really opened my eyes... alot. Ostrich boy just give up, there to stubborn to understand your easy to understand argument. There followers are just going to come in and outnumber you anyway, repeating the same CoD-like fanboy shit there Shepherd just typed.

You can't change status quo

I thought that there were alot of mature, intelligent members on this site who choose to not ride any consoles electronic dick, or beat a console 1 year from release that that they barely know anything about to death. This thread really opened my eyes... alot. Ostrich boy just give up, there to stubborn to understand your easy to understand argument. There followers are just going to come in and outnumber you anyway, repeating the same CoD-like fanboy shit there Shepherd just typed.

You can't change status quo

I will never give up!

"Great works are performed not by strength but By perseverance"-----Samuel Johnson.

I find it hilarious that all you graphics whores and ps3 and Xbox fanboys called me irrational, yet the other wii u thread got locked because you couldn't be civil! Lololololololololololololololol

I find it hilarious that all you graphics whores and ps3 and Xbox fanboys called me irrational, yet the other wii u thread got locked because you couldn't be civil! Lololololololololololololololol

Trolling, eh? Okay, I'm not going to delete that. I'm going to leave that there, and if anyone comes in here and starts a flame war over your post, you're getting a warn. If you contribute to the flame war, I'll suspend you for a day. It'll escalate from there.

Stop being a cunt.

Trolling, eh? Okay, I'm not going to delete that. I'm going to leave that there, and if anyone comes in here and starts a flame war over your post, you're getting a warn. If you contribute to the flame war, I'll suspend you for a day. It'll escalate from there.

Stop being a cunt.

What am I doing wrong? Jeez, just calm down a little bit. I have no control over anybody who decides to come here and flame. I just like to express my opinion.

I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm plenty calm. There's no way you're so stupid you don't realize that that post is just going to stir up shit, and I'm telling you that if it does, you're being held responsible.

This entire thread is nothing but one big trollfest with "Wii U" slapped onto every post to make it look legit. No one on either side of the argument knows when to shut the fuck up and let the topic die, but since you just have to get the last word in, it's your ass when this pile of shit gets spammed beyond repair.

Everybody has said that there is no real market out there for GTA on nintendo, sure there probably are some out there but do you really know how much it cost to publish a game on a single platform, do you really know how much it costs to release patches for that console? Probably not because you really don't have a god damn clue about the game industry because you a probably in your early teens. I have been told by a few people in the actual industry that to submit a patch to microsoft Q&A is about $50,000. I didn't find out what it costs to send it over Xbox servers but that could be because it's 50k total. What happens if Q&A deny that patch you gotta go back spend extra time fixing it and then re-submit it If the current dev kits can't handle the finished product of GTA V why would Rockstar dumb it down, thats not them.

@Mass. I'm not trollfesting I'm trying to be civilized but I doubt this person has any actual information of the gaming industry also he's going off total speculation off the Wii U. I'm going by what Developers who have the Dev kit in there hands are saying and facts.

@Staff If I'm to be warned fair enough, I'll try to make my post look civilized if you delete it and PM it to me.

Edited by TreeFitty
I probably SHOULD warn you for knowing what you were doing.

I try to give respect and show why exactly I think it won't happen. Rockstar is working on what they have at this moment not 9-10 months from now, sure porting GTA V could be a possibility but I also highly doubt that it will happen. They have no true market value at the moment on the Wii U. Like when GTA IV was in production of PS3 they had to delay the whole product because of hardware issues for PS3. I sure as fuck didn't run out and by a PS3 for the Six-Axis control for PS3 but I eventually later got a when it was alot cheaper. Rockstar is working off a budget Take-two gave them. They aren't going to take extra time and cut that budget down for the Wii U when they don't have a final product (dev kit) yet.

I never said when the wii u version of the game could be released. It could easily (and probably will be) released months after the other versions.

I'm sorry, you just contradicted your self.

I'm sorry, how?

Anyway....back on topic. The the original wii got bully. Nuff said.

Excellent that you brought that up, it helps me to illustrate my points.

No one bought a Wii just to play Bully. No one. If they did, they "must be inbred". So what makes you and others think that GTA V on the Wii U will make PS3 and 360 owners buy a Wii U to play a game they can already play on their current consoles?

No one bought a Wii just to play Bully. No one. If they did, they "must be inbred". So what makes you and others think that GTA V on the Wii U will make PS3 and 360 owners buy a Wii U to play a game they can already play on their current consoles?

No, but it proves that R* is willing to release a current gen game on a next gen console. I never said that anyone bought a wii for bully.

No, but it proves that R* is willing to release a current gen game on a next gen console. I never said that anyone bought a wii for bully.

But your whole point over the pages was that the Wii-U will attract GTA V players, when it won't.

Yes, it will. Ps3 and Xbox owners who don't want to wait for the next playstation/Microsoft console (which nothing has been confirmed for), but still want to upgrade to be on top of technology for the next couple of years, will buy a wii u, and if the wii u version of gta v is as good or better than the ps3/360 versions, many wii u owners who also own sony/Microsoft consoles will most likely buy the wii u version.

In order for the Wii U version to be better, R* would have to be developing the game primarily on the Wii U and port it to 360/PS3, which is not the case.

Actually, the dev kits for the wii u are still not at full capacity, they've only released v5

How low tech do you think dev kits are exactly? Dev Kits are sometimes better than the fucking consoles themselves.

XNA kits and Jasper revision Xbox 360 dev kits have more ram.

The Dolphin was the first Dev kit release of gamecube, and the final specs weren't much better.

The Xbox Alpha tower (First release of xbox dev kit) had the same specs as original xbox P3 but with 256mb ram. There was then an Alpha II that had more ram.

Please do not post about things you are not knowledgeable about.

Actually, the dev kits for the wii u are still not at full capacity, they've only released v5

How low tech do you think dev kits are exactly? Dev Kits are sometimes better than the fucking consoles themselves.

XNA kits and Jasper revision Xbox 360 dev kits have more ram.

The Dolphin was the first Dev kit release of gamecube, and the final specs weren't much better.

The Xbox Alpha tower (First release of xbox dev kit) had the same specs as original xbox P3 but with 256mb ram. There was then an Alpha II that had more ram.

Please do not post about things you are not knowledgeable about.

Well, thank you for clarifying, but I have a lot more knowledge of the wii u than most of everyone else in here. They all thought it was a f*cking handheld!

In order for the Wii U version to be better, R* would have to be developing the game primarily on the Wii U and port it to 360/PS3, which is not the case.

Not necessarily. The wii u is supposed to stream constant 1080p HD graphics. Right now, most games on the ps3 run at 720p, and I have enough hands on experience to know that it is not that difficult to upres graphics from 720p to full time 1080p. Also, the extra screen could harbor some cool features that wouldn't be included on the other versions.

Well, thank you for clarifying, but I have a lot more knowledge of the wii u than most of everyone else in here. They all thought it was a f*cking handheld!

That was just Marney. Also, you can say fuck. Just say it.

Not necessarily. The wii u is supposed to stream constant 1080p HD graphics. Right now, most games on the ps3 run at 720p, and I have enough hands on experience to know that it is not that difficult to upres graphics from 720p to full time 1080p. Also, the extra screen could harbor some cool features that wouldn't be included on the other versions.

If it were just a port and not developed primarily for the Wii U, more than likely the extra screen would go unused, because Rockstar wouldn't just throw in something simple; they would have to do a shit ton of work to put in interesting features, more work than they would be willing to put in for something that probably wouldn't sell all that well. I doubt a Wii U version of GTA V would have much more in the way of touch screen functionality than Chinatown Wars did, and probably wouldn't sell much better, either.

Also, for someone who calls the 360 and PS3 users graphics whores, it's ironic you used the Wii U's graphics in your example. Only a graphics whore is going to buy a Wii U for that "upgrade." No one with a 360 or PS3 is going to buy a Wii U to play GTA on.

.... and I have enough hands on experience to know that it is not that difficult to upres graphics from 720p to full time 1080p.

you can up the resolution all you want it still won't be true 1080p.

I'm sorry, but I actually meant true 1080p

That was just Marney. Also, you can say fuck. Just say it.

If it were just a port and not developed primarily for the Wii U, more than likely the extra screen would go unused, because Rockstar wouldn't just throw in something simple; they would have to do a shit ton of work to put in interesting features, more work than they would be willing to put in for something that probably wouldn't sell all that well. I doubt a Wii U version of GTA V would have much more in the way of touch screen functionality than Chinatown Wars did, and probably wouldn't sell much better, either.

Also, for someone who calls the 360 and PS3 users graphics whores, it's ironic you used the Wii U's graphics in your example. Only a graphics whore is going to buy a Wii U for that "upgrade." No one with a 360 or PS3 is going to buy a Wii U to play GTA on.

On the touchscreen-- I say the simpler the features the better! Even something minor, like having the map and HUD on the second screw n would be a great feature to leave the television screen cleaner.

Sign in to follow this