Indy

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

nah, the base perks are good... i even bought those with my breton warrior... at least until you get over a hundred picks... there's still locks that take quite a few picks to crack for me...

i think once again, the speech skill is useless... it's always been the same with fallout too...

Well my thief's one handed is a lot higher than archery since most of the time you're sneaking up behind enemies and slitting their throats. Also on an unrelated note, the decapitation kill for dual wielding two weapons reminded me quite a lot of Star Wars: ROTS.

I made do with the Thieves Guild armour throughout most of my current game and didn't die, but now i've switched to the DB set. (I'm switching back to the Nightingale set when i've completed those quests.)

i am building a wood elf archer... was it not hard starting out?! i am fine until i get stuck in a room full of bandits... and before someone else tells me their weapon loadout, which only applies to latter levels, keep in mind that i am only level 20... i am putting perks into the right skills, but i am also investing in others because i have to wait until the right ones reach a certain point before i can invest in them...

i don't know, i am not really having a hard time with it, i just reached my first challenge, that's all... and it's got me thinking that this could be a regular thing at this point in the game... plus, i have still been using iron arrows because i am trying to build up collection of others... perhaps my next time i adventure out, i will bring the steel arrows...

thought about that actually... this is why when i play a fantasy RPG, i pick the one character i know i will kick some ass at, a duel-wielding heavy-armor wearing beast who has no concept of sneak or magic... but when i reach the point of something else, i am like a fish out of water...

i am building a wood elf archer... was it not hard starting out?! i am fine until i get stuck in a room full of bandits... and before someone else tells me their weapon loadout, which only applies to latter levels, keep in mind that i am only level 20... i am putting perks into the right skills, but i am also investing in others because i have to wait until the right ones reach a certain point before i can invest in them...

i don't know, i am not really having a hard time with it, i just reached my first challenge, that's all... and it's got me thinking that this could be a regular thing at this point in the game... plus, i have still been using iron arrows because i am trying to build up collection of others... perhaps my next time i adventure out, i will bring the steel arrows...

Well I didn't find it too hard starting out. The two main skills your going to want to focus on are Archery (obviously), and sneak. THE MOST IMPORTANT PERK on an archer is easily Steady Hand. If you can't upgrade them, I'd personally say save your skill points. Also, get your smithing up and get yourself a daedric bow as soon as you can. I went the heavyweight path, then smithed a set of Dragonscale armor and a bow. Then I built myself an alternate suit of armor with the Increase Smithing Enchantment, and upgraded all my weapons to legendary.

As for arrows, you should try to find more powerful arrows, dwarven or steel would probably be easily accessible at your level, search shops and buy out the most powerful arrows you can, and keep any you pick up; arrows have no weight.

Other than that all I can say is increase your sneak. Enchant some items to increase your skills if you have to. Also, try to kill Krosis and get his mask, he's located at Shearpoint (North-north east of whiterun, in the mountains). It gives a 20% increase to archery, alchemy, and lockpicking... And be sure to get a good amount of stamina (300 is what I had, before enchantments....)

forget to mention that sneak is at 53... i just recently grabbed the 15x damage dagger sneak kill perk... but i am all into smithing, enchanting, and archery... sneak just comes natural and... and... KROSIS!! damn i forgot about that mask... i only collected only a few with my first game, but i recall thinking that mask was perfect for an assassin when i got it...

damn dude, i know exactly where that mask is... i need to go get it, if i can survive the dragon and priest battle... this is going to take some planning... i actually like how playing this character is making it more difficult... being a simple battle warrior is mindless... being a sneak-thief takes some planning...

I don't see the point in 15x dagger if your going to be arching....

And when I beat Krosis I was about lvl 25 so not to far off, I had a daedric bow with elven arrows, and I brought along lydia with a full suit of daedric armor, and a daedric sheild, sword, and bow

what?! damn, i didnt get daedric shit on my last file till around level 40... i am not nearly the RPG'er you are i guess... i plan on using a dagger quite often, especially once i become more of an assassin... but as i said, my skills are still a ways off and right now, there's better places to invest my skills in... i could save them, but there's other places i am willing start with, for future perks...

damn text message made me forget what else i was gonna say... god damn friends...

I don't see the point in 15x dagger if your going to be arching....

And when I beat Krosis I was about lvl 25 so not to far off, I had a daedric bow with elven arrows, and I brought along lydia with a full suit of daedric armor, and a daedric sheild, sword, and bow

I beat Krosis with the aforementioned 15x sneak damage, a dagger and the shadow stone ability. I haven't done any of the main storyline, not even been to see the Jarl of Whiterun, so none of the dragon lairs actually have dragons guarding them yet (good strategy if you want to get all the shouts early on as they are active.) But the Dragon Priests are there and when I went to Shearpoint Krosis wasn't in his coffin, he was just standing there so I snuck up behind him and killed him in two hits.

Most of my killing is done with a dagger. Since i'm a thief i'm not exactly a decent fellow. If I see people walking along deserted roads they get pickpocketed and then their throat sliced. That levels the one handed skill quickly. I invested a lot of perks in the smithing tree, going for glass weaponry. Then I decided I wanted to use ebony weapons instead as they are black and would match the Nightingale outfit, so I had to invest more perks in that side of the tree. I have quite a few perks in the one handed tree and also the archery tree too. I mainly reserve archery for situations where I know I can't sneak up on someone as i'll be detected. If I can sneak up on them i'll use that instead.

. Then I built myself an alternate suit of armor with the Increase Smithing Enchantment,

I did that but on clothes because clothes way very little. i had a dual enchantment on them. fortify smithing and carry weight. so id put them on when i was looting. had 100 enchanting around lvl 40.

i was a dork about it and but those enchantments on blacksmiths clothes so i had to dress like a blacksmith to blacksmith. yay.

Im enjoying running around as my nord raping everything on master difficulty. ill probably re install the deadly dragons mod to beef up the dragons stats.

3985096-1332447977.jpg

3985096-1332448005.jpg

3985096-1332448043.jpg

Just found out my thief can easily kill Draugr Deathlords. Sneak killing finishes them in one hit, but spamming my dual weapons with power attacks also kills them very quickly too, they can't fight back because of the knockback effect of the power attack so basically they just stand there stumbling around. Also killed a Draugr Death Overlord in two hits with a sneak attack.

i have gotten a lot better at fighting up close... my blocking skills have vastly improved and my one-armed skills have gotten better as well... i've sunk some perk points into improving overall protection in light armor and blocking, and all the while, i have still been improving archery and other assassin skills...

i guess all i had to really do was put my focus into improving my fighting skills for a few levels, spamming the shield on bears and mudcrabs, and pulling off more and more sneak kills with the dagger... so, now i think my character is on the right track... sometimes the battles are tough, but it wouldn't be any fun if i was invincible, like my breton warrior... nothing could stop him, which in turn made strategy non-existent... this character takes careful planning when navigating caves or ruins... and also navigating the open world of skyrim...

it's starting to get really fun now :D...

EDIT: lol, i wonder if i am the only one that does this... but i've done it on both files now... when enchanting items, if it's a stolen item, i tend to name it something silly like, "Golden Shower Necklace" or "The Ass Blaster" warhammer, then place them on the counter of shops i frequent :lol:... so every time i go there, i see that item sitting there... and the fact that it says, "steal", makes the item fit right in with the rest of the shop...

icon11.gif

EDIT: lol, i wonder if i am the only one that does this... but i've done it on both files now... when enchanting items, if it's a stolen item, i tend to name it something silly like, "Golden Shower Necklace" or "The Ass Blaster" warhammer, then place them on the counter of shops i frequent :lol:... so every time i go there, i see that item sitting there... and the fact that it says, "steal", makes the item fit right in with the rest of the shop...

so much for being all die-hard realistic role player.

I still think this game would rock if it had a sort of group game element 2-8 players or something. I said this with Fallout too I believe.

Obviously headsets wouldn't be right in skyrim, so someone would have to think of another ingenious way to communicate. Maybe through messenger dragons...

i could perhaps see a multiplayer aspect with skyrim, but not with fallout... fallout is too much of a desolate landscape that roaming with a posse would seem out of place... if anything, 2-3 people tops... same with skyrim, i wouldn't want to see huge groups of people, it would look like a traveling army...

i dunno, i think if you're looking for a multiplayer RPG, WoW is the way to go... i don't know how i'd feel if there were multiplayer options in skyrim or fallout... it just seems out of place to me...

i could perhaps see a multiplayer aspect with skyrim, but not with fallout... fallout is too much of a desolate landscape that roaming with a posse would seem out of place... if anything, 2-3 people tops... same with skyrim, i wouldn't want to see huge groups of people, it would look like a traveling army...

i dunno, i think if you're looking for a multiplayer RPG, WoW is the way to go... i don't know how i'd feel if there were multiplayer options in skyrim or fallout... it just seems out of place to me...

But speaking of Fallout. I'd like to see a Hardcore mode like they did for fallout in skyrim. You know, having to eat, sleep, hunt, drink etc. It wasn't bad in fallout but it was a pain in the ass when all you could find was irradiated food. Anyway, I kill every animal I see, I'd like to actually have a use for their meat....

Oh, btw I was wrong about having daedric around lvl 25... I think I actually had elven against Krosis and I brought Lydia to distract him. About half way through the battle he fell of a cliff and gave me a massive vantage point on him.... Maybe try to repeat that?

yea, once again cooking is a waste of time without a use for it, like a hardcore mode... i was excited to see a cooking pot in my house, but only used it a couple times after realizing there wasn't a use for it...